Half Time Scores

sidcow

Actually all the years we were in the prem after the premier league scores were read out hardly any of the other leagues were even mentioned unless SHA were losing so their score was read out pretty often.

Guess in these times when you can just log onto BBC or Bet365 and get all the scores within 30 seconds or just go downstairs and watch Soccer Saturday on the TVs in the concourse it's not really that important anymore.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

As someone who goes to the Bescot every few months.......Yes. :lol:

That is possibly the saddest thing I have ever heard (to clarify I am NOT referring to the fact that you go to Fellows Park every few months. 

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why? I don’t give the slightest shit about how Bolton are getting on against Burton Albion. 

That's fine, it's OK to disagree. I don't give the slightest shit about Man Utd against Citeh, I really don't. 

I haven't watched a single episode of MOTD since we were relegated in the same way that I never watch or look out for The Champions League. But each to their own.

• Like 4

This is an interesting tropic to see if fans still follow the Premier League now we are not in it. Me personally I follow it for my accumulators and to watch City because let's face it, if you love football you want to watch them. 

Apart from that I couldn't give a shit! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

We're getting way off topic now but as I started this thread I really don't care but on the subject we have veered into I have an observation. 

There is always an assumption that just because 2 top teams are playing it's going to be a great game.  Jesus Sky know how to warn you a big game is on the way and it's going to be a must watch, probably the greatest game you will ever see. 

In my experience though they more than often don't live up to the hype. But then you catch Swansea v Crystal Palace or something and you can't catch you breath for the drama and excitement it produces, yet is will have been treated as an "also showing" sideshow by TV. 

• Like 1

Yes but the interest lies in seeing who will come out on top when the very best teams meet. Of course the spectacle itself often fails to live up to the media hype but at the end of the day it's understandable that there's generally more interest in who's going to win the Manchester derby than there is in Swansea v Crystal Palace. And for what it's worth, there are obviously a huge number of dull games of inferior quality produced by those types of side, too.

A tightly fought 5-5 draw between a couple of pub teams might be a gripping game to watch but at the end of the day I'd rather spend my time (if Villa aren't playing, of course!) watching a contest between elite players/teams.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2017 at 21:41, sidcow said:

I haven't watched a single episode of MOTD since we were relegated in the same way that I never watch or look out for The Champions League. But each to their own.

I go back a bit further as didn't watch a single episode from about September of the season we were relegated as couldn"t bare the pain of re-watching the crap we were serving up. Since we dropped I have had zero interest in the Prem.

Back on topic on Tuesday they failed to read out any half time scores despite an almost full program of Championship games. Maybe the announcer is in denial.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm with the OP. I'm far more concerned with what Sheffield United are up to than Swansea, or yes even Manchester City. What difference does it make to Aston Villa who is doing what in the Premier League? 

But, again, I think the assumption is there are a lot of people at the ground who would like to know the Premier League scores. Which is true. There are.

And as the Premier League comes first they're read out first.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But, again, I think the assumption is there are a lot of people at the ground who would like to know the Premier League scores. Which is true. There are.

And as the Premier League comes first they're read out first.

Sure, it's not a deal breaker. But as I'm nipping down for a beer and a quick slash I'd rather know the championship scores seeing as they relate to Aston Villa and I'm at Villa Park. Those who are desperate to know the Premier League scores can wait I'm sure. 

I'm over it though tbh. 

• Like 1

I find that wherever I sit the bloke next to me invariably has the score updates coming through anyway.

More often than not, I want to know the championship scores first, but only the ones that may affect us. As a general rule, I’m more interested to hear that Man Utd are losing to Huddersfield than finding out that Reading are drawing with Barnsley. 

Re MOTD, I only ever really watch it if there’s an interesting game/massive upset these days.

Â