PieFacE

Got this last week. Was half price on the PS Store.

Any good career mode buys for Villa? I've signed 3 or 4 young guys 68-73 overall, gonna bleed them in to replace the older guys. Sold Gabby, Hutton, Richards, Elphick, Grealish (he had a 11,500,000 release clause), Kodjia (couldn't resist the 13m), Bunn and Tish.

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Any good career mode buys for Villa? I've signed 3 or 4 young guys 68-73 overall, gonna bleed them in to replace the older guys. Sold Gabby, Hutton, Richards, Elphick, Grealish (he had a 11,500,000 release clause), Kodjia (couldn't resist the 13m), Bunn and Tish.

A patch is needed to fix this bug!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Onomah becomes a god. You can turn him into an attacking mid or center mid. I turned him into a CM by training his defense constantly. I really recommend buying him. 

I bought Niklas Stark from Hertha. He was 82 rated before the season even ended. 

Kieran Tierney is also a good buy. Turns into one of the best left backs in the game and is relatively cheap. 

Train Green a lot. His dribbling gets into the 90s very easily. 

Chobalah is also one of my first buys in the premier league. 

On of the problems I it career mode is the lack of increase in transfer budget. Not sure if it's fixed this year but it was damn hard getting Argyle into the prem and then still only having 1.2 million transfer kitty. I've heard this hasn't been addressed for the 7th year running. 

30 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

On of the problems I it career mode is the lack of increase in transfer budget. Not sure if it's fixed this year but it was damn hard getting Argyle into the prem and then still only having 1.2 million transfer kitty. I've heard this hasn't been addressed for the 7th year running. 

Just do the buyout option. It sucks that you have to do that, but it will increase your budget. If it is a crazy amount, just adjust it so you can give players better wages, or cap it yourself. 

28 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Just do the buyout option. It sucks that you have to do that, but it will increase your budget. If it is a crazy amount, just adjust it so you can give players better wages, or cap it yourself. 

The only problem with that is that everything you couldn't/didn't spend wouldn't roll over to the next season! 

17 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I have the same problem, I play as Oxford United and after my first season in the Prem I had won the league and obviously qualified for Europe.  I got a target of top 4 finish, reach the knock out stages of the Champs league and got given a 7 million transfer kitty and wages of 100k.  I could just about renew the contracts of the players I wanted to keep from my youth team for that money.  They also asked me to sign a crucial player in a forward position, which I ended up unable to do. I did manage to do the main critical requirements that season and survived mostly on the youth players I had developed over the years it took me to get to the Prem.  I just role play it as having Doug Ellis back in charge of the club and assume all the money is getting sucked out into his personal bank account.

• Haha 1

Going to kick 6 buckets of s### out this game! You can tell TOTY is out, games you'd easily win 2 days ago are now scripted to f### to try and get suckers to pay for better players. 

22 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Is it just me or is the scripting worse and more obvious in Seasons this year?

I've pretty much accepted that if I go on a winning streak, I am going to have to deal with a match where suddenly all my players feel sluggish and can't finish a damn thing, but his players all play fine. 

God I suck at this game online. Is there a trick to 'pushing' people off the ball, because I'll be running and suddenly get shoulder barged out of the way.

I'm playing through the Journey now. Bossing on Amateur level >_<

On 05/01/2018 at 15:00, Dante_Lockhart said:

Angel Gomes from United, Lautaro Martinez, Ryan Sessegnon have all been good relatively cheap buys with great potential.

Â