PieFacE

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I find it so hard to score on it. The keepers are ridiculously good on it

Yeah I think they made them alot better as alot of people where complaining it was ridiculously easy to score from distance on the game with like nearly every shot going in.

I like the balance of it now.

34 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

Yeah I think they made them alot better as alot of people where complaining it was ridiculously easy to score from distance on the game with like nearly every shot going in.

I like the balance of it now.

We need get back on the mk pal !

Very nearly destroyed my pad / disc after playing this last night.  Playing squad battles against what would normally be an easy team to beat. Had majority of possession, lots of shots and my keeper was a spectator.  Near the end of the 2nd half they break and score. No problem I'll kick off and go at them again.  Same thing happens.  

I think I've reached the end with this and will be looking to trade at the weekend. 

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the world cup 2018 game won't be a stand alone game this year, but just an added game mode to fifa 18 for free. And early reports say it'll just be the 32 qualified teams with no qualification campaigns or captain your country or any of that. Like the half arsed euro 2016 addition to pes 2016.

If this is the case i am beyond disappointed. It was going to be my only day 1 purchase. I have a healthy obsession with the world cup games

FIFA and PES are two stale products, the market place desperate needs another credible game. Either that or the two games should just merge, take PES' game play which is clearly better and add FIFA's licence and superior 'off the field' stuff. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

On 09/02/2018 at 11:56, YLN said:

Apparently the world cup 2018 game won't be a stand alone game this year, but just an added game mode to fifa 18 for free. And early reports say it'll just be the 32 qualified teams with no qualification campaigns or captain your country or any of that. Like the half arsed euro 2016 addition to pes 2016.

If this is the case i am beyond disappointed. It was going to be my only day 1 purchase. I have a healthy obsession with the world cup games

It's just the same as FIFA 14.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Any good?

I think wouldn’t say it’s the best FIFA ever. It’s a lot of fun though, a few niggles - but I am able to play a fairly comprehensive FIFA game wherever I am... so for £22 I am happy with it.

On 01/03/2018 at 21:59, NurembergVillan said:

Any good?

You know, for £22 this is probably my favourite Fifa. At £45-60 it is not worth the money, but I am sat here smashing in goals against Sunderland and just enjoy it. 

One thing which bugs me is how my players stand off when opposition have the ball, I try and get them to go in for a standing tackle but can’t, probably the way I am playing. Other than that, a good fun game.

• Like 1

My fiancee had her bachlorette party this past weekend, so I decided to give the weekend league a go.

I haven't really been playing ultimate team much this year, so this was my first WL of fifa 18.

At first it was okay. Challenging, but it had some fun moments. Then after 10 matches, it felt like I was playing the same person over and over again. 90% of the teams I played had basically identical formations, and starting line-ups. The matches started to just blend together and it got very dull. Occasionally I'd play someone with an original team, and I had to change the way I played, but mostly it was just defend the counter attack. I played 22 games winning 14 of them, and I stopped. Had a chance to get probably do well, but I just couldn't be bothered. It no longer was interesting or fun.

I wish EA would implement rules for the WL to keep it interesting like they do for the qualifying tournaments. Have a requirement one week that you have to have at least 3 players from the russian league, MLS, or silvers. Something like that would force players to either change up their teams, or play with lowered chemistry. It would make things interesting.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Expect something different in FIFA 19...

Konami have not renewed their licensing deal with UEFA for the champions league which means it is available for EA to snap up. Can't see why they wouldn't do this as they have the license for pretty much everything else

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Expect something different in FIFA 19...

Konami have not renewed their licensing deal with UEFA for the champions league which means it is available for EA to snap up. Can't see why they wouldn't do this as they have the license for pretty much everything else

That's bad imo.

We really need another football game to compete with FIFA, because whilst PES's gameplay is good, everything else around it is truly shocking. I was gobsmacked it gets rated so highly (I could write a whole essay on things they do terribly) and got a refund soon after playing it. PES losing that license will just add to it.

FIFA has no reason to get better because it's by far the better game as a complete package and they are lazy because of it. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

That's bad imo.

We really need another football game to compete with FIFA, because whilst PES's gameplay is good, everything else around it is truly shocking. I was gobsmacked it gets rated so highly (I could write a whole essay on things they do terribly) and got a refund soon after playing it. PES losing that license will just add to it.

FIFA has no reason to get better because it's by far the better game as a complete package and they are lazy because of it. 

I’d have to agree, although it has been a very long time since I played either game myself but looking at my son and his interest and mine over the years. At one point it was a great battle between the two houses, but they have just become so very meh, something has to change, something has to give at some point you would hope! but unfortunately I don’t think it will change significantly enough to produce a top quality alternative

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

That's bad imo.

This is pretty much it for football games. 

EA have all the licences so no new studio will enter the space, while their main rival Konami don't give a shit about video games anymore so that combination gives us FIFA every year.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PieFacE said:

That's bad imo.

Yes, pretty much spot on. PES is an extremely bad game, gameplay very good, but appalling at everything else. The worst thing is how repetitive it is, you're in the same stadium virtually every game playing against sides with identical styles, every match is basically the same. Then, to top it all off, existing players get recycled into the game when they're retired, hmmm, I wonder if this young 16 year old kid called 'Xavi' will be any good in the future? Just **** garbage, I think 18 is the last one I'll ever buy. 

FIFA is also a load of shit as well, so yes, there totally needs to be a new entrant. At the end of the day, EA Sports have a total licencing monopoly, and this costs consumers, it's something a competition commission should look at.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes, pretty much spot on. PES is an extremely bad game, gameplay very good, but appalling at everything else. The worst thing is how repetitive it is, you're in the same stadium virtually every game playing against sides with identical styles, every match is basically the same. Then, to top it all off, existing players get recycled into the game when they're retired, hmmm, I wonder if this young 16 year old kid called 'Xavi' will be any good in the future? Just **** garbage, I think 18 is the last one I'll ever buy. 

I've said it before, but outside of the actual football gameplay, PES feels like a game designed by people who have never watched football in their lives.

Â