Crypto currency

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

That's a good point.  It belongs to someone who has had their investment stolen.

An investment that has exponentially increased in price since it was stolen and has a potential audit trail available to trace it. If they don't I would assume they'll be some very interesting lawsuits filed. 

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

What are the chances of the Feds returning the Btc to the people it was stolen from? 

I would guess it would go to Bitfinex if that were to happen. I don't know the full details of the hack but I would imagine that Bitfinex would have already replaced everyone's bitcoin out of their own pocket. So the BTC should go back to the exchange. 

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I would guess it would go to Bitfinex if that were to happen. I don't know the full details of the hack but I would imagine that Bitfinex would have already replaced everyone's bitcoin out of their own pocket. So the BTC should go back to the exchange. 

Did Bitfinex refund people? Either way I wouldn't be surprised if the Feds wanted to keep it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I may have been premature with my bull market call! 

The only saving graces for me are at the moment are TRX and Loopring. TRX has held up with the launch of the stable coin and Loopring will pop, once the GameStop marketplace launches and the FOMO starts. 

I fear for the rest in the short term. The markets are f***ed and I think there’s still a long  way down from here as the economic situation worsens. 

This, imo, is the problem with crypto becoming ‘mainstream’. People were cheering institutional investment into BTC and all the talk of ETF’s etc, but now it’s tied to the main markets and they are pulling it down, with everything else. 

The argument for using crypto as an inflation hedge has been well and truly blown out of the water, the only hope in the short term is short sellers get greedy, it get’s oversold and triggers a squeeze - otherwise I think they will go lower and remain low until at least mid ‘23. 

The Ripple (XRP) Vs SEC case, could provide a catalyst if the SEC reach out for a settlement, but as things stand, the case won’t be resolved until ‘early ‘23’. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Crypto world continues its race to the bottom

There could be a long way to go still. Now it’s tied so closely to the market, I can’t see a bottom at the moment. 

I opened short positions on the S&P, Nasdaq and UK100 today. I’m convinced we’ve got another 25-50% downside from here. S**t gonna get real. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

Just now, wazzap24 said:

There could be a long way to go still. Now it’s toed so closely to the market, I can’t see a bottom at the moment. 

I opened short positions on the S&P, Nasdaq and UK100 today. I’m convinced we’ve got another 25-50% downside from here. S**t gonna get real. 

Me too, I think all the “paper hands” will cut their losses and it’ll fall and fall for some time.

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

There could be a long way to go still. Now it’s tied so closely to the market, I can’t see a bottom at the moment. 

Think the 250 is a better bet. The 100 is heavily weighted to resource stocks (to some extent protected against inflation) and banks (to some extent do well out of higher interest rates, admittedly only until bad loans become a bigger factor) and 70% of earnings are made overseas, whereas the 250 is full of UK consumer stocks which are going to get - and already are getting - an absolute battering. Even fundamentally well-run companies are down 30, 40, 50 per cent so far this year.

• Like 1

Â