Crypto currency

PieFacE

18 hours ago, Genie said:

Any idea what this means to simpletons? (thread).

Will the current LUNA token now die?

I have some which I picked up at the bottom, will I get some of this new token automatically?

Do not take any of this as actually true, because I'm just attempting to understand what's written, but as far as I can see you are due to receive some of the new token, presumably automatically ('air-dropped'?). I have grave doubts about whether it will be worth anything much in the short term (because presumably you will have to take a haircut on the number of tokens or else they will be worth very little) or in the medium term (because as far as I can tell, his new system is basically the same as the old one but is "only" promising a similarly unsustainable interest rate of 7% p/a).

However, given your current holdings are presumably now absolutely worthless, it can hardly become worth less!

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do not take any of this as actually true, because I'm just attempting to understand what's written, but as far as I can see you are due to receive some of the new token, presumably automatically ('air-dropped'?). I have grave doubts about whether it will be worth anything much in the short term (because presumably you will have to take a haircut on the number of tokens or else they will be worth very little) or in the medium term (because as far as I can tell, his new system is basically the same as the old one but is "only" promising a similarly unsustainable interest rate of 7% p/a).

However, given your current holdings are presumably now absolutely worthless, it can hardly become worth less!

The initial punt is worth nothing now.

I went in again near the bottom to try and cover my losses a bit and it’s about £200 up. I have a stop loss on it so if it dives again I get some profit still.

Its a complete shit show and shows up just how dodgy and shady crypto trading often is. Even one of the biggest projects in the world tanks and collapses in a single day.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

It looks like Terra have voted to create a new blockchain.

• Create a new Terra chain without the algorithmic stablecoin. The old chain to be called Terra Classic (token Luna Classic - LUNC), and the new chain to be called Terra (token Luna - LUNA)
  • Luna to be airdropped across Luna Classic stakers, Luna Classic holders, residual UST holders, and essential app developers of Terra Classic.
  • TFL’s wallet (terra1dp0taj85ruc299rkdvzp4z5pfg6z6swaed74e6) will be removed in the whitelist for the airdrop, making Terra a fully community owned chain
  • Allocate a large portion of the token distribution in 1) providing emergency runway for existing Terra dapp developers 2) align interest of devs with the long term success of the ecosystem
  • Network security to be incentivized with token inflation. Target staking rewards of 7% p.a.

It’s all very shady and dodgy. Pretty much nobody wanted this, they wanted the trillions that were minted to be burned.

The old token hasn’t tanked yet so we’ll see. I guess it will after airdrop of new coin has happened.

link

Edited by Genie

On 18/05/2022 at 14:08, Genie said:

It looks like Terra have voted to create a new blockchain.

It’s all very shady and dodgy. Pretty much nobody wanted this, they wanted the trillions that were minted to be burned.

The old token hasn’t tanked yet so we’ll see. I guess it will after airdrop of new coin has happened.

link

I think its done no matter what they try. 

• Like 1

LUNA +100% in 24 hours giving people a chance to cash out and recover some money.

It seems to stem from a tweet from the creator with a burn address.

I can’t see it being sustainable with 6.5T tokens circulating.

Loopring popping (+19%) today on the launch of the GameStop wallet. 

I made some nice returns on it’s run last year,  but my current holding is at a $1 average, so I need a serious pump to get back in the green. 

Edited by wazzap24

On 23/05/2022 at 15:05, wazzap24 said:

Loopring popping (+19%) today on the launch of the GameStop wallet. 

I made some nice returns on it’s run last year,  but my current holding is at a $1 average, so I need a serious pump to get back in the green. 

Me too. I saw one crypto guy saying ages ago 'sell the news' (Gamestop news) and I wish I had listened. As we both know it went back down in about a day. I was up a nice amount!

I watch Eric Krown's videos and he's been useful for me. I managed to lower my average a huge amount in the last month or so as he called that 30% or whatever drop. He's leaning towards another big drop next week too depending on how it goes this weekend, so I think I'll try to lower my average even more if that happens.

Edited by Rolta

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think there is serious money to be in crypto anymore unless you gamble or are reckless onvest a big amount and take out quickly.

I stopped doing it last year as i found it too volatile and luckily took it all out while i was up before the massive crash happened in December 

On a brighter note, I found an old wallet I forgot about from 2016 when I helped a dunce friend to get back his encrypted drive from a hack. Please don't ask if he did backups.

It had 0.018 BTC worth of change on it. Result :D

• Like 1

ETH looks like it’s about to go below £1k.

I’m sure there’s people who have borrowed or gambled what they can’t afford to lose in crypto who are screwed by this.

Pretty bad timing with the cost of living going though the roof. 

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Celsius has 'paused' withdrawals, presumably an imminent sign of collapse.

Even if they weren’t about to collapse, as soon as they resume now there will be a run that causes them to collapse.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Oh dear. Hope nobody here has lost large sums of money. 

A lot of people will have. I dont really have any sympathy to be honest, they should have known the risks of what they were getting into. 

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

A lot of people will have. I dont really have any sympathy to be honest, they should have known the risks of what they were getting into. 

Yes, it’s pretty much gambling. Don’t bet what you can’t afford to lose should be applied.

• Like 2

Â