Crypto currency

PieFacE

One other thing to say on this, which is a point made on the Crypto Critics podcast the other day but which I think is politically quite perceptive, is that SBF was Biden's 2nd-largest donor. Assuming he intends to run again in 2024 - and all the evidence points that way - his 2nd biggest donor turning out to be a complete fraud who has stolen billions of dollars of other people's money is very probably going to create an incentive for Democrats to come in studs up on the crypto industry over the next two years to minimise the possibility of this being an attack line. Oh, and whoops, turns out the crypto-friendly Republicans somehow failed to win control of Congress, possibly creating a bit more space for that to happen. 

• 1 month later...

Methinks he is in a small spot of bother

Sam Bankman-Fried arrested in Bahamas, charged with “massive” crypto fraud in US

FTX founder charged with fraud, money laundering, campaign finance violations.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/12/sam-bankman-fried-arrested-in-bahamas-charged-with-massive-crypto-fraud-in-us/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have funds in Binance but the UK doesn't allow deposits into or withdrawals from Binance any more. 

Apparently, one of the easiest ways to get withdraw money is to transfer crypto to Coinbase, sell the crypto on Coinbase, and then withdraw £ from Coinbase to my UK bank account.

But i can't work out how to transfer crypto from Binance to Coinbase.  The funds are currently in ETH or BUSD, but don't mind converting to a different crypto first if that works better.

Can anyone help please?

18 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I have funds in Binance but the UK doesn't allow deposits into or withdrawals from Binance any more. 

Apparently, one of the easiest ways to get withdraw money is to transfer crypto to Coinbase, sell the crypto on Coinbase, and then withdraw £ from Coinbase to my UK bank account.

But i can't work out how to transfer crypto from Binance to Coinbase.  The funds are currently in ETH or BUSD, but don't mind converting to a different crypto first if that works better.

Can anyone help please?

If I was in your position i'd probably do the following.

- Exchange what you want to sell on Binance to TUSD (Tether)
- Login to Coinbase and navigate to the Deposit section
- Select that you want to Deposit TUSD, which will provide an address
- Go back to Binance, go to "My Wallets" (or whatever it's called) and click Withdraw on your TUSD
- When it asks what address you want to withdraw to, copy and paste the address given to you by Coinbase
- Once you get your deposit on Coinbase, exchange for £ 

You don't need to use TUSD though, can use any currency that's supported by Coinbase. You could send your ETH directly to Coinbase. Not sure about BUSD, would suspect that isn't supported. 

You could just change BUSD to ETH and send all your ETH over to Coinbase. Probably easiest. 

Also, make sure to read any documentation that's provided and take your time doing it haha. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 08/12/2023 at 20:40, Pongo Waring said:

Yes I have bought a few things.

I'm trying to get in the presale of this project: https://www.portalgaming.com/
What do you think @PieFacE?

Think it looks quite good from a quick glance, quite a lot of utility for the token itself and gaming tokens are quite hot atm. 

Though i'd say the lack of detail on Tokenomics and Whitepaper are a bit of a concern. Only from the pov that i'd never buy anything without knowing the token supply and details on token distribution etc.

Will keep an eye on it tho. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Think it looks quite good from a quick glance, quite a lot of utility for the token itself and gaming tokens are quite hot atm. 

Though i'd say the lack of detail on Tokenomics and Whitepaper are a bit of a concern. Only from the pov that i'd never buy anything without knowing the token supply and details on token distribution etc.

Will keep an eye on it tho. 

Have you bought anything recently? 

Too many choices in the market. Its a lot different from the last bull market, retail are way more smarter and clued up.

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Have you bought anything recently? 

Too many choices in the market. Its a lot different from the last bull market, retail are way more smarter and clued up.

Yeah I bought a selection of narratives this time round. Started buying a few months ago. That said, I don't think the bullmarket has really got going yet. Should be a fun 18months or so tho.

What I went for was....

50% in BTC
10% GAFI (Launchpad and Gaming narrative)
10% ORAI (AI narrative)
10% ROUTE (Interoperability narrative)
10% AZERO (Enterprise / Privacy narrative)
10% SPACE (Bitcoin L1/BVM narrative)

Feel like i'm missing a RWA play and RIO & TRADE have caught my eye. Just haven't found the right opportunity to buy it yet. 

No idea how the above will perform. A lot of them are small caps so are a bit risky. 

Edited by PieFacE

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah I bought a selection of narratives this time round. Started buying a few months ago. That said, I don't think the bullmarket has really got going yet. Should be a fun 18months or so tho.

What I went for was....

50% in BTC
10% GAFI (Launchpad and Gaming narrative)
10% ORAI (AI narrative)
10% ROUTE (Interoperability narrative)
10% AZERO (Enterprise / Privacy narrative)
10% SPACE (Bitcoin L1/BVM narrative)

Feel like i'm missing a RWA play and RIO & TRADE have caught my eye. Just haven't found the right opportunity to buy it yet. 

No idea how the above will perform. A lot of them are small caps so are a bit risky. 

I know all of these projects!
Gaming and Ai seems to be the big narratives in the next bull market

I'm DCA'in into a view launchpads now. I'm still scared of a big crash

I'll just be happy to finally see my BTC investment back in the black. Had to cash out some of it a few months ago so hoping to see it go past it's previous peak to try and make some money back

11 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

I know all of these projects!
Gaming and Ai seems to be the big narratives in the next bull market

I'm DCA'in into a view launchpads now. 

Yeah Launchpads are usually decent in a bull run. 

I was looking at the following launchpads...

SFUND at $0.90. Now is $4.05
XAVA at $0.26. Now is $1.75
CGPT at $0.04. Is now $0.12
SLIM at $0.15. Is now $0.23

So they tend to do well. Just wish I had the spare cash to buy them when I was looking. Oh well. 

11 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

'm still scared of a big crash

Never hurts to manage risk etc but looking at the total marketcap for crypto, it's still early if you put any weight in the 4 year cycles. 
image.thumb.png.271ca392381bdbdc92af383b15c4bad5.png

In the last bull, the market peaked at 3T before crashing. Currently sitting at 1.58T. If history was to repeat for a 4th time then this cycle will eclipse the previous cycle. So with that in mind, it's still early. The Bitcoin halving is still about 5 months away. There will always be volatility along the way cos crypto is like that. But personally I think the market will pass a 5T market cap this time round. That's when I'll start getting a bit antsy about selling. Tho, just my opinion and definitely not financial advice etc etc. I don't really have a clue. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Bitcoin Spot ETF's have been approved by the SEC. Interesting times. Kinda funny that Bitcoin is approaching $50k again but no one is really talking about it in the wider media as of yet. Guess that will come at $100k this time round. :D 

Edited by PieFacE

On 11/01/2024 at 14:31, PieFacE said:

Bitcoin Spot ETF's have been approved by the SEC. Interesting times. Kinda funny that Bitcoin is approaching $50k again but no one is really talking about it in the wider media as of yet. Guess that will come at $100k this time round. :D 

I ploughed a load of money in before the last dip (I know, moron)

I’ve basically broken even now but it’s gonna go higher. Right?

RIGHT?!

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

RIGHT?!

In my opinion, absolutely (I think bitcoin will hit $120-175k this cycle). But I know nothing. 

On 16/01/2024 at 18:50, Stevo985 said:

RIGHT?!

Yeah, it probably will. The general pattern is predictable enough - there's some mania and prices go crazy, then there's a crash but it bottoms out at a price significantly higher than it was before the mania. Then it ticks along for a few years until something triggers a new mania and random members of the public get interested again, and the cycle repeats. We're probably due another mania stage in the next few years, although it's impossible to predict when.

I thought about buying a decent amount a few years back when bitcoin was at $3k but I didn't, as I didn't have any spare money. After the last crash I told myself I'd buy some if it ever dropped below $10k again but I don't think it ever went close. I've still got some lying around but I don't think I'll ever have an opportunity to go up to a whole bitcoin again!

15 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

We're probably due another mania stage in the next few years, although it's impossible to predict when.

Think you can predict a decent estimate tho. It's all based around Bitcoin's halving in my opinion. 

A really simple thing you can check is...

Find the dates of each previous Bitcoin halving.

Check the price of Bitcoin 500 days before said date
Check the price of Bitcoin 500 days after said date

If you bought and sold following that pattern for the previous 10 years or so you'd be very wealthy. 

Essentially.... this:
image.thumb.png.891436afa8d97bd32ef5908c66e82184.png

Not saying it will play out exactly like that but you get the idea. 

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Think you can predict a decent estimate tho. It's all based around Bitcoin's halving in my opinion. 

A really simple thing you can check is...

Find the dates of each previous Bitcoin halving.

Check the price of Bitcoin 500 days before said date
Check the price of Bitcoin 500 days after said date

If you bought and sold following that pattern for the previous 10 years or so you'd be very wealthy. 

Essentially.... this:
image.thumb.png.891436afa8d97bd32ef5908c66e82184.png

Not saying it will play out exactly like that but you get the idea. 

I'm worried to admit I don't get this chart

Why is the first halving there and not the point earlier when it was at the same price but on the way down?

Edit: I think I'm being thick. I assumed halving meant the price went to half of it's previous peak. But I don't think it does mean that now :D 

Edited by Stevo985

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm worried to admit I don't get this chart

Why is the first halving there and not the point earlier when it was at the same price but on the way down?

Edit: I think I'm being thick. I assumed halving meant the price went to half of it's previous peak. But I don't think it does mean that now :D 

Haha yeah, the halving is when the rewards for mining a bitcoin block gets halved. Which essentially means the rate at which bitcoin is created is halved. 

Â