Match Thread: Barnsley v Villa

limpid

Hey, what can we say about that? We're not fluid, we haven't been for years. But that half was punctuated by key moments. I remember three interceptions/clearances by John Terry in dangerous situations. 

Adomah gambled on a goal keeping mistake and took his chance. Then Davis best his man and was brought down. Clear penalty. Good finish. 

I dunno, foreign managers often talk about 'moments' in a game. I think we did well with our 'moments' in that half. 

I'm looking for some confidence and fluency in the second half. Let's not give Barnsley a sniff.

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

What? 2 strong men on top, good balls and fast counter attacking?

We haven't ever been as good as we were under MON since. We were leading the league half way through the season when MON was in charge. People moan way too much about MON.

I think you've spectacularly missed my point

Look boys, we are playing well against a team that has won two on the bounce...when have Barnsley looked like scoring? Snodgrass impressive but doesn't look match fit, Davis continues to impress. For the record I'm Bruce out, but you cannot say were not playing well so far.

Giving them more respect than they deserve, they've played some nice enough stuff since we've not got in their faces. I wouldn't describe them as awful at all but we could put a few more past them if we actually press them and don't camp out in our own half. 

Barnsley is the slightly better team, when it comes to team play kinds of stuff.

However, it's obvious Villa has better players, more capable at making a difference on their own. Which is...what makes a difference so far.

2 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Hey, what can we say about that? We're not fluid, we haven't been for years. But that half was punctuated by key moments. I remember three interceptions/clearances by John Terry in dangerous situations. 

Adomah gambled on a goal keeping mistake and took his chance. Then Davis best his man and was brought down. Clear penalty. Good finish. 

I dunno, foreign managers often talk about 'moments' in a game. I think we did well with our 'moments' in that half. 

I'm looking for some confidence and fluency in the second half. Let's not give Barnsley a sniff.

As I keep saying, a team of some brilliant individuals. Nothing more.