Park Life: AVTV Live

Villaphan04

On 13/08/2017 at 00:06, Villan_of_oz said:

I got to watch the match but I wish I hadn't.

Glad I only got a day pass cos there is no way I'm paying or possibly evening bothering watching this crap anymore. 

I've been turned, no more optimism, no more backing Bruce and defending him thru thick and thin. 

GTFO!

This is exactly how I felt...........then, like an addictive drug, I've just paid for the next month.

It really is an addiction.

Trying to pay for todays match now... 

When trying to log on I get this error: 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Basket 'a73d3f1f-bb18-478f-849c-2d3886fe91e9' does not belong to the authenticated customer 'bc0b966c-eee9-49f6-8086-e0d254ceca1f'

Anyone else?

6 minutes ago, maqueman said:

Basket 'a73d3f1f-bb18-478f-849c-2d3886fe91e9' does not belong to the authenticated customer 'bc0b966c-eee9-49f6-8086-e0d254ceca1f'

Anyone else?

Happend to me also. If you have already paid for one match you will have to go into "your subscriptions" and cancel the proposed next payment. 

Then you can go back in and select a package.

Found it odd it 'subscribed' for just one match ?

15 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Happend to me also. If you have already paid for one match you will have to go into "your subscriptions" and cancel the proposed next payment. 

Then you can go back in and select a package.

Found it odd it 'subscribed' for just one match ?

This is just stupid and needs to be fixed ASAP.

I've cancelled the "Subscription" for one match, but still get the same error when trying to pay for todays match. :angry: 

Just to inform you, we have not had any communication from the club about using VPNs for AVTV Live. As people are doing this in order to give the club more money we are going to allow this unless we hear otherwise from the club or other rights holders.

We will treat requests for information which defrauds the club as illegal. This includes account sharing or re-streaming. Warnings / bans will be issued.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, limpid said:

Just to inform you, we have not had any communication from the club about using VPNs for AVTV Live. As people are doing this in order to give the club more money we are going to allow this unless we hear otherwise from the club or other rights holders.

We will treat requests for information which defrauds the club as illegal. This includes account sharing or re-streaming. Warnings / bans will be issued.

If the club were clever they would make it as easy as possible to get around the UK rule. Much more revenue for them. I can't see it having a massive impact on attendances. 

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

If the club were clever they would make it as easy as possible to get around the UK rule. Much more revenue for them. I can't see it having a massive impact on attendances. 

I suspect their contract doesn't allow them to advertise it and probably they are asked to take reasonable steps to stop it being discussed.

28 minutes ago, maqueman said:

This is just stupid and needs to be fixed ASAP.

I've cancelled the "Subscription" for one match, but still get the same error when trying to pay for todays match. :angry: 

You could always buy a month (what I did)

The only way the club could 100% ensure that you are abroad is to perform a check on the address the card is billed to - this is a choice by the retailer (the club). If they were to up their verification process they would effectively be cutting out people who are abroad but who's cards are registered in the UK, and this could be quite a few Villa fans at any given time at work or on hols. They would also be cutting out things like prepaid cards which are not always registered to an address before use.

I suppose they will probably assess how it is going as they go along, same for any club that is part of iFollow. But this sort of VPN work around has been going on for years, for premiership coverage as well, so if that wasn't stopped I can't see anyone coming down hard on this either - and especially as money is changing hands for a service. 

Edit - this also wouldn't stop you from using a VPN, and asking a friend who lives abroad to use their card on your behalf - the net result is that if you are going to offer online streaming of matches, you will be expecting a certain percentage of users to be accessing via a VPN - simply no way to stop it. 

Edited by Jareth

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

just signed up, when will the broadcast for todays match begin?

Go to top left of website - Match Day - then Live Match Centre - then press play on the video screen. If you go there now there's a wide shot of the pitch and warm up.

• Like 1

so mine seemed to let me pay okay but when I log onto 'match day' I'm restricted to autio stream. The video tab is greyed out. I definitely paid for the video stream and can see it in my account!

Edit: Sorted...as you were...

Edited by Djemba_Villan

3 hours ago, maqueman said:

Anyone else?

Against my better judgement, I decided to try and catch the second half and was prepared to pay up but I got the same error. 

Oh well, money saved. 

My stream from AVTV has just started playing up. Had no issues in the last match, nor for 42 minutes of this one, now it is stop starting every 30 seconds :/

Anyone else, or just me? :(