The Great Tower Block Fire Tragedy of London

TrentVilla

Just now, andyh said:

I wasn't having a pop at you.

I showed it as 'visit' as it wasn't really a visit to the scene of the disaster and to show her compassion and solidarity with the community.

No I know you weren't, I just didn't get your point as you seemed to be disagreeing and agreeing with me.

15 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I can see things turning fairly ugly at some point within this community and I can't say I would blame them. The anger is bubbling and as the numbers rise I can see there being civil unrest.

Theresa May's PR visit today was a disgrace.

I agree and you 100% can't blame them. I mean 100 odd people will have died in an unsafe building in 2017 in one of the richest countries in the world. After numerous pleas from residents that the building was unsafe and after calls since 2013 from a cross party group of politicians and fire chiefs stating that fire regulations in relation to these older tower blocks needed to be changed.

I am angry and emotional to be honest with you at such a needless waste of life almost certainly due to trying to save a few pennies whilst they spent 10 mill on giving this tower block an external face lift to stop it looking an unwanted eyesore in an otherwise affluent area.

Edited by markavfc40

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I honestly think the death toll is being down played to stop riots.

Word is getting out now. It was just said on C4 news upwards of 150.

Edited by markavfc40

11 minutes ago, andyh said:

I think you mean Theresa May's 'visit'.

compare her weak and weasly attendance with Corbyn's visit to meet the community.

just like the election, when the going gets tough, she gets going (out of sight).

Have to saY she is a absolute disgrace a pathetic coward. Corbyn showed he at least cares what a credit to him

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I agree and you 100% can't blame them. I mean 100 odd people will have died in an unsafe building in 2017 in one of the richest countries in the world. After numerous pleas from residents that the building was unsafe and after calls since 2013 from a cross party group of politicians and fire chiefs stating that fire regulations in relation to these older tower blocks needed to be changed.

I am angry and emotional to be honest with you at such a waste of life almost certainly due to trying to save a few pennies whilst they spent 10 mill on giving this tower block an external face lift to stop it looking an unwanted eyesore in an otherwise affluent area.

Exactly.

"Make it look nice for the decent people who have to look at this eyesore from their expensive properties will you. What?... sprinklers? No don't waste my time or money, how do they help Tarquin's view?"

• Like 2

It was always likely to be very high.

This summer could be one that blows up. Things are going wrong and things are starting to bite.

Edited by Chindie

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It was always likely to be very high.

This summer could be one that blows up. Things are going wrong and things are starting to bite.

Big City Riots mk2?

Edited by Genie

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Don't think it will be that, but local riots I think are coming. If the real death toll was being reported I think they would come tonight.

The policing of any riots needs to be EXTREMELY carefully managed too

May will have the perfect answer of riots did kick off. Curfews and martial law. I'm not sure there's many liberties she can grab left that prevent civil unrest so she'll go for the jackboots instead.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Shouldn't be an issue, May's got rid of most the Police.

not forgetting the fire service reduction in numbers, 600 across London?

is it 10 fire stations closed in the last few years?

In fairness, fires and deaths from fires are at pretty much an all time low in England, aren't they? And fire engines were on the scene in 6 minutes. Is there any suggestion that those closed stations would have saved a single life in this disaster?

Channel 4 News presenter Jon Snow was confronted by an angry mob next to Grenfell Tower upset over the lack of media coverage about residents’ concerns on fire safety in the building before the disaster.

BBC journalist Victoria Cook tweeted footage of an angry man shouting loudly at the veteran presenter near the scene of the tragedy.

“Do you want the proof? You’ve got the proof right there,” the unidentified man says, gesturing towards the gutted 24-storey tower block. 

“Right, you didn’t come here when people were telling you that the building was unsafe! That is not ‘newsworthy’.

“You come here when people die. Why?”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/15/presenter-jon-snow-confronted-angry-mob-grenfell-tower-coverage/

Â