Match Thread: Blackburn v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I hate to say it, but I have started swaying towards Bruce out. The past month especially.

I posted some stats in the Bruce thread a week ago or so in an attempt to trick myself into believing things will get better but I really don't think they well. The last few games have just been awful. 

At no point under Bruce have we played any good football. It's dull, turgid and painful to watch. His tactics and team selections are quite frankly atrocious, there is no way we are getting promoted next season, I doubt we will even make the play offs

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NashVillan said:

I say this part jokingly and part seriously. I think I could put in a better shift than Gardner. He looks like players I line up against on weeknights after work. 

Worryingly, Bruce chose to give him a new 5-year deal...!!

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

I did have a soft spot for Huddersfield but after today i hope the words removed get thumped in the play offs! 

They have dropped from 3rd to 5th

• Like 1

Just now, KHV said:

At no point under Bruce have we played any good football. It's dull, turgid and painful to watch. His tactics and team selections are quite frankly atrocious, there is no way we are getting promoted next season, I doubt we will even make the play offs

Get used to it. This is what Steve Bruce brings to the party. Turgid boring football. He has never been a top manager and never will be.

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Exactly, i can think of one game, against Brighton, where i thought we played a good, full 90 minutes. Aside from that its been shit, even when we won.

This poor run is no surprise - when we had that winning run people were saying 'it doesn't matter we are playing crap, winning is all that counts'. But if you keep playing crap, you are never going to keep winning, and you are going to be limited to midtable, just like we are at the moment.

1 minute ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Yep mind blowing, guy can't even do a job in the championship and giving him a 5 year deal implies he can do it in the Prem. Not a Fing chance mate.

Depends on what 'it' is ? 

I think he might a decent job assisting the groundsman considering his heritage.