Match Thread: Blackburn v Villa

limpid

Well again he's chosen two guys who can't even play football ( bacuna and Gardner) over two who can.

Hes done it for ages, it's a choice, he keeps making that choice,he appears to have no real intention of stopping doing it, and IF he keeps doing it we will struggle.

You can afford a lot of defensive or effort players but you can't have 8 or 9 of them.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Actually - Hogan and Gardner off - Gabby and Adomah on - 4-3-3.

Agreed, doubt it will happen. Bruce seems hell bent on trying to cobble together a 4-4-2 system for some reason. I can't believe he persists with it to be honest

Just now, NashVillan said:

And it's hard to see why we aren't. 

We are solid but offer nothing more than long balls, we are attempting the Leicester way. Problem is, we have players who are better with the ball on the ground. 

lol, a shocking back pass followed by Hogan putting a simple square pass out of play. How are we going to get anyway near playoffs playing this style of football next season?

And Bruce can bang on about wanting 4 or 5 quality players - how about working to improve the players you have (including the ones you bought in January). Plenty of clubs above us who play better football without spending anywhere near what we have.

• Like 2

Just now, NashVillan said:

Can someone remind me again why Green doesn't play? He was easily the best LM/LW we've had all season. This game is crying out for a quick winger. 

I genuinely couldn't think of any reasonable argument why he wouldn't at least be on the bench for a game like this. 

• Like 1