General Election 2017

ender4

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Agreed. And they went too far with the personal attacks on Corbyn. I think beyond a certain point, the public smells unfairness and reacts against it. 

On another note, I think the significance of the fox hunting thing has been underestimated. 

Agreed. I have no idea why she promised the free vote, 80% of the public are against it and those that are lobbying for its return are in the tory heartland anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djdabush said:

Agreed. I have no idea why she promised the free vote, 80% of the public are against it and those that are lobbying for its return are in the tory heartland anyway.

Just this minute heard a yamyam factory worker interviewed on R4 saying he switched from Tory to Labour over the foxhunting issue. 

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

I actually think the right wing press rebounded this time. They built TM up into something she wasn't. She's bang average, they billed her as the next Maggie, which she never was. I am not a Tory but the likes of the mail and telegraph telling us she is fantastic when she wasn't backfired. They might might to reconsider next time.  

Totally agree on this, I was amazed when she was voted into the position, surely down to a lack of any real alternative.

I ducked out around 4:15  , just seen that Rudd held on  ...

something about election nights that make them strangely compelling viewing   , on my third cup of coffee this morning already though

What are the rules for calling a general election -and the time it had to take place.  She seemed to call a snap general election, then give time for a very long campaign - I am sure in the past the election has been called and we have been voting 3 weeks later.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't get Emily Thornberry.

She's a sort of an overweight, not really attractive fifty-something woman and I'm not sure I'd say no.

@dont_do_it_doug. and @darrenm agree with me.

She has a twinkle in her eye that screams 'freak between the sheets' 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I ducked out around 4:15  , just seen that Rudd held on  ...

something about election nights that make them strangely compelling viewing   , on my third cup of coffee this morning already though

I really wanted to stay up - but have work today and to make matters worse Mrs Hippo has the car today - so i had to cycle in this morning. Only lasted until 12.30 !

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I really wanted to stay up - but have work today and to make matters worse Mrs Hippo has the car today - so i had to cycle in this morning. Only lasted until 12.30 !

Mrs. Hippo? Isn't that a U.S. state? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

Well, she isn't yet. The wind might change in an hour, look for her opinion to follow.

You know Teresa , she won't change her mind :) !

Edited by hippo
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think Corbyn should lead a military coop - dictatorship is what we want none of this namby pamby voting stuff.

If it was up to JC we wouldn't have a military. 

Â