General Election 2017

ender4

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

YouGov showed Labour struggling in the north east and north west, as well as the midlands, in all of their regional crosstabs. There may well be very big differences per region. 

What did yougov score it as overall ? They seem to be on the money so far ? 

I think the Sunderland thing ties back to Brexit and as such is a misnomer.  They voted much more towards Leave than had been predicted too.  I don't feel like their results are going to reflect the rest of the country.  If you're "hard Brexit" you're less likely to be voting Labour.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Comparing the two declared seats against the YouGov prediction.

Newcastle:

• Labour: YouGov: 63%, Real 65%

• Tory: YouGov: 25%, Real 25%

Sunderland:

• Labour: YouGov: 56%, Real: 59%

• Tory: YouGov 29%, Real: 30%

@tonyh29 FYI

Also,

Cautiously thinking high leave vote in NE is helping Tories and is a bit of a misleading thing atm.

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think the Sunderland thing ties back to Brexit and as such is a misnomer.  They voted much more towards Leave than had been predicted too.  I don't feel like their results are going to reflect the rest of the country.  If you're "hard Brexit" you're less likely to be voting Labour.

Said better than me :)

• Like 1

Lib Dems saying they'll make no deals to get into government - that's just as likely as tomorrow not having daylight. If anyone wants them to come with them in a hung government they'll bite their hand off.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Tories hold Swindon North but Labour up 11%.

V UKIP down 12%  ... if the 2/3rds to 1/3rd principal comes into play then it becomes very interesting 

• Like 1

Â