Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

16 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Explosions at two Russian airbases well away from the Ukraine border. Ryazan and Saratov. Sabotage or Ukrainian missiles? Would Ukraine attempt a missile strike that far into Russia?  

It isn't that they did it, it's that they were capable of doing it.

• Like 1

• Replies 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ukraine needs to hit Russia more so that Russia has more to gain by ending the war. 

I'm sorry to keep going back to this, but wouldn't that give Russia more of a self defence mandate for the use of tactical nukes? 

Just now, Genie said:

We’ll know for sure who is responsible soon enough if there’s a fresh wave of cruise missiles hitting Kyiv and Lviv.

Well, maybe not, these targets in terms of range are VERY close to Moscow distance from Ukraine.

These might go down as smoking incidents as Russia won't want to admit to the public that Ukraine are striking so far into Russian territory

Just now, HKP90 said:

I'm sorry to keep going back to this, but wouldn't that give Russia more of a self defence mandate for the use of tactical nukes? 

No I don’t think so, Russia know it’s nothing they haven’t done 100x themselves and that’s before firing missiles at schools and hospitals.

Russia can’t expect Ukraine to play by a different set of rules to them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

No, it wouldn't.

Russia will not use nukes, for the umpteenth time

• Thanks 1

Just now, bickster said:

Well, maybe not, these targets in terms of range are VERY close to Moscow distance from Ukraine.

These might go down as smoking incidents as Russia won't want to admit to the public that Ukraine are striking so far into Russian territory

The BBC reporting one of the blasts as a tanker explosion. Yeah right, a tanker that was hit by a Ukrainian missile possibly! 

Just now, Genie said:

The BBC reporting one of the blasts as a tanker explosion. Yeah right, a tanker that was hit by a Ukrainian missile possibly! 

Yep thats the first cover up statement but the RUssian military commentators don't seem to be buying it, claiming that this is the biggest fuel tanker explosion they've ever seen by some distance

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

No I don’t think so, Russia know it’s nothing they haven’t done 100x themselves and that’s before firing missiles at schools and hospitals.

Russia can’t expect Ukraine to play by a different set of rules to them. 

There's your problem, right there. You know they will, though. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I don’t think so, once a nuke comes out all bets are off and everyone loses. Russia knows this. 

I agree. There will be more reciprocal missile strikes in Ukraine though. 

Have they managed to repair any of their power grid now winter is biting?

Also I assume Ukraine has to start hitting Russian military bases well inside Russia, otherwise it will allow Russia to re-stock inventory over the winter. Ukraine are still reliant on NATO hand-outs. They have to continually do more damage then Russia can replace.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

No.  

I am not sure what you think a tactical nuke is.  Its not a nice little explosion that kills the enemy and then goes away.  Its going to spread radioactive material into Belarus, Russia and Crimea.  It will probably spread it into a NATO country and prompt a conventional retaliation greater than anything seen before.  

If Russia uses a nuke - they lose. 

29 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

No.  

I am not sure what you think a tactical nuke is.  Its not a nice little explosion that kills the enemy and then goes away.  Its going to spread radioactive material into Belarus, Russia and Crimea.  It will probably spread it into a NATO country and prompt a conventional retaliation greater than anything seen before.  

If Russia uses a nuke - they lose. 

And they'll feel the wrath of China whilst they are at it too

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

And they'll feel the wrath of China whilst they are at it too

Definitely.  

I have written about this many times before. The first country to launch is guaranteed to lose.  The world is immediately against them.   Russia launching nukes at Ukraine to keep Crimea makes as much sense as the UK launching nukes at France to keep the Channel Islands. 

• Like 3

According to German media Russia are heavily linked to the right-wing attempt at a coup in Germany. Putin's plans are just shit, aren't they? It'll take down AfD too, Putin's biggest ally-party in Western Europe.

Â