Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Chomsky, what a scum bag.

A conversation between two absolute bellends

Have they got a petition up and running yet or are they still arguing about the wording?

• Like 4

Owen Jones: What if we were to argue to the Ukranian people that if we were to provide the huge arms demanded by Zelenskiy, the Ukrainian President, that this would be an act of destruction for the Ukrainian people....

Someone take him over there and show him what the f*** is going on

Chomsky on the other hand appears to be getting his news from March 20th. The entire narrative that he's talking about from Zelenskiy ended the day Bucha was retaken

Both of them trying to twist something to fit their agendas, twisted so much that you'd have to be some sort of imbecile not to see through it

Loving that Jones has anti fascist in his title. Just not when it means fighting back I guess. Absolute bellend that should be cancelled by his employer for being a genocide apologist.

• Like 1

From the horse’s mouth, Macron took it upon himself to bargain away Ukraine’s sovereignty with Putin. Not surprising, but to see it confirmed by Zelensky is grim.

As per @bickster’s post a few days ago saying Ukraine was decades away from EU membership, Macron is clearly still pursuing appeasement of Putin as French (and German?) policy. Eastern Europe will take a dim view of his future plans for European security when this is over.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Owen Jones: What if we were to argue to the Ukranian people that if we were to provide the huge arms demanded by Zelenskiy, the Ukrainian President, that this would be an act of destruction for the Ukrainian people....

I think this is unfair on Owen Jones, he's asking a question to pull views out of Chomsky, he's not suggesting we shouldn't give those arms, he's asking Chomsky to rationalise the position about some people trying to argue for what they think is in Ukranian's best interests even when it's not what Ukranian's want.

As the tweet says, he nods along, but it cuts off before we see his follow up.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I think this is unfair on Owen Jones, he's asking a question to pull views out of Chomsky, he's not suggesting we shouldn't give those arms, he's asking Chomsky to rationalise the position about some people trying to argue for what they think is in Ukranian's best interests even when it's not what Ukranian's want.

As the tweet says, he nods along, but it cuts off before we see his follow up.

His question uses the pronoun we. If what you say is true, he should as a "journalist" know to use you. It comes across that he's asking a question from within something (The Left, Antiwar group, whatever I don't know) but the use of we also implies that he's in agreement

(FWIW I don't consider Jones to be a journalist either. He's a campaigner that gets paid to put words into print so I generally ignore what he has to say)

Just now, bickster said:

His question uses the pronoun we. If what you say is true, he should as a "journalist" know to use you. It comes across that he's asking a question from within something (The Left, Antiwar group, whatever I don't know) but the use of we also implies that he's in agreement

(FWIW I don't consider Jones to be a journalist either. He's a campaigner that gets paid to put words into print so I generally ignore what he has to say)

Seems to be using "we" to mean the west, IMO - might be wrong, I don't consider him relevant enough to bother finding the full interview to see if he challenges the answer or not :D 

• Haha 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Seems to be using "we" to mean the west, IMO - might be wrong, I don't consider him relevant enough to bother finding the full interview to see if he challenges the answer or not :D 

If he's speaking for the West now, please transport me to the East :D

Now Scholz is at it. No way is the idea of an immediate ceasefire cleared with Zelensky - at a time when Ukraine is positioned to take back a lot of their land, not freeze Russian gains in place and give them time to reorganise. This is a concerted attempt by France and Germany to undermine Ukraine and its a disgrace.

• Thanks 1

Germany and France have contributed little anyway. Leave this to the big boys, Poland, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, USA and UK. It’s a damning verdict on two of Europe’s big players.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Germany and France have contributed little anyway. Leave this to the big boys, Poland, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, USA and UK. It’s a damning verdict on two of Europe’s big players.

Germany have contributed.... by sending £3 Billion a week to Russia for gas and oil and with no intention of stopping any time soon. They're practically BFF's with Russia.

44 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Germany have contributed.... by sending £3 Billion a week to Russia for gas and oil and with no intention of stopping any time soon. They're practically BFF's with Russia.

Well.... you know

image.jpeg.e1523ff72321d49c4388057b354501f7.jpeg

Right so here's a bunch of separatists from the Luhansk region of Ukraine, fighting on the Russian side who've just discovered what Russia really thinks of them.

They've had to retreat and have headed in the only direction they can, the Russian border, except Russia won't allow them into Russia

Oh well!

• Like 1

Russia running out of steam rapidly in the east, and it’s estimated Ukraine will have completed the training of 650,000 - 1,000,000 men in western Ukraine by the end of June. They’re going to take it all back so probably time for France and Germany to stop batting for Putin.

• Like 3

Â