• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

7 hours ago, lexicon said:

There's no eventuality where it's not good for us (Ukraine). Russia descending into civil war would be excellent. 

That’s a remarkable lack of imagination there.

• Like 1

Person on Sky News just making the point that Wagner are big in Africa and elsewhere.  Another person is stating that this is one of the models that US (and others) have been modelling for months. 

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

2021 Russia claimed to have the second most powerful army in the world.  

2023 Russia has the second most powerful army in parts of Russia. 

🤣

:crylaugh:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trekka said:

Person on Sky News just making the point that Wagner are big in Africa and elsewhere.  Another person is stating that this is one of the models that US (and others) have been modelling for months. 

Yeah I think they took over Mali earlier in the week. Mali government asked UN Peacekeepers to leave and the Russian units (which I think included Wagner) moved over and will now be the only security services in the country to continue to stem their civil war / insurrection

I assume there would be little hope for democracy in Russia whichever way this turns out and Wagner hate Ukraine as well.  It would be nice to see Putin jailed or executed but other than that things won't be particularly rosey for the region I'd have thought.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

If American movies has taught me to ask anything about situations like this in Russia and the Soviet Union it is: Who controls the nukes?

3 People have the cheget (nuclear briefcase). 2 of them needed to launch anything.

- Supreme Commander in Chief: Putin

- Minister of Defence: Shoigo

- Chief of General Staff:  Gerasimov

You'll notice that Shoigo is the one publicly called about by Prigozhin. Gerasimov is the other guy that Prigozhin has demanded meets him in Rostov - he's allegedly still in the city but fled.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Genie said:

SkyNews with no mention of it at all. Top story is about people working from home causing a hose pipe ban. 

Need to click onto world news 

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

3 People have the cheget (nuclear briefcase). 2 of them needed to launch anything.

- Supreme Commander in Chief: Putin

- Minister of Defence: Shoigo

- Chief of General Staff:  Gerasimov

You'll notice that Shoigo is the one publicly called about by Prigozhin. Gerasimov is the other guy that Prigozhin has demanded meets him in Rostov - he's allegedly still in the city but fled.

It's really not that simple. 

The nuclear briefcase doesn't launch the nukes.  Its gives the order to launch.  There are an unknown number of people in the chain depending upon what type of nuke it is.  

NATO monitors each action in that chain.  Some might conclude that NATO has plans and methods to stop various parts of that chain.  

3 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

It's really not that simple. 

The nuclear briefcase doesn't launch the nukes.  Its gives the order to launch.  There are an unknown number of people in the chain depending upon what type of nuke it is.  

NATO monitors each action in that chain.  Some might conclude that NATO has plans and methods to stop various parts of that chain.  

So you’re saying the nuclear briefcase brings all the boys to the yard?

• Like 1

Â