• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

An explosion in a St Petersburg cafe has killed Russian military blogger Vladlen Tatarsky, who reported from the Ukraine frontline, the Russian Interior Ministry has confirmed.

At least 16 people were injured in the Street Bar Cafe explosion, police say.

Videos posted on social media show an explosion and injured people on the street. It is not clear who was responsible for the blast. 

Vladlen Tatarsky (real name Maxim Fomin) was a prominent blogger and vocal supporter of Russia's war in Ukraine,

He gained particular notoriety last year after posting a video filmed inside the Kremlin in which he said "We will defeat everyone, we will kill everyone, we will rob everyone as necessary. Just as we like it."

Interior ministry sources quoted by Russia's RIA news agency said a bomb was hidden in a statue presented to Tatarsky in a box as a gift.

link

48 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

It might actually have serious repercussions for Putins propaganda crew, especially if they think they could also be next.  

He was a critic of the Russian military, according to the radio news - slated them for mistakes and stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

He was a critic of the Russian military, according to the radio news - slated them for mistakes and stuff.

Ah... I thought he was pro military and was advocating for wiping out Ukraine.  

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Ah... I thought he was pro military and was advocating for wiping out Ukraine.  

Pro the war, but the radio said he was critical of how and what the military was doing things, so maybe kind of a bit of both?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Pro the war, but the radio said he was critical of how and what the military was doing things, so maybe kind of a bit of both?

So was he killed by the Russians or those who oppose the war? 

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The FSB took care of him.

I thought it might have been a bit elaborate for them, as we know, they tend to usually just encourage their victims to the nearest balcony. 

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

I thought it might have been a bit elaborate for them, as we know, they tend to usually just encourage their victims to the nearest balcony. 

Maybe they wanted something more visible this time. A warning to all potential critics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Maybe they wanted something more visible this time. A warning to all potential critics. 

Well he's now stiff as a statue so someone has a sense of humour. 

The other question would be, why would internal authorities blow him up and not care about the collateral damage, unless looking to blame someone else? I know this has been used as a terrorism method before, but for an execution? Surely a bullet in the head, poisoning, or just going missing blogging from the frontlines would have been easier. All fingers point straight to the previous proprietor of the statue. Case solved. 

They arrested the woman who handed him the statue. Can't imagine she knew there was a bomb in there otherwise she would have handed it to him and ran out the front door like Usain Bolt . 

Edited by villa89

Just now, villa89 said:

They arrested the woman who handed him the statue. Can't imagine she knew there was a bomb in there otherwise she would have handed it to him and ran like Usain Bolt out the front door. 

Regardless I assume she won’t be seeing freedom any time soon, if ever again.

26 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

More on the explosion yesterday now Russian authorities are suggesting this is anti war activists.   

Yeah but you can't believe a word they say so it doesn't give us any real information who was behind it. 

Â