• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Russians destroyed it not Ukraine

It’s baffling. There must be thousands of soldiers and lots of kit essentially surrendered to Ukraine.. evacuating 10000 soldiers takes weeks..

Edited by magnkarl

8 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

It’s baffling. There must be thousands of soldiers and lots of kit essentially surrendered to Ukraine..

Are we sure of this? The Russian evacuation has been going on for some time now, could be Ukrainian disinformation that there are still thousands of Russian troops there?

Remember a few weeks ago when Russia were supposedly forcibly evacuating Kherson ‘civilians’. I suspect that was actually the Russian evacuation happening.

Edited by LondonLax

Yeah, the incomplete info I’ve seen on Twitter seems to suggest most of the Russians have already withdrawn. Maybe they took a lot of casualties last night, maybe not. But it doesn’t appear like there’s a lot of Russians stranded on the wrong side of the river.

16 minutes ago, Spoony said:

How the **** aren’t the Russians turning on Putin by now??? I can’t believe the brainwashing runs that deep. They really are a bunch of cowards.

Everyday people must be fed up of all the western stuff missing from the shops, probably loads of job losses, loads of family and friends sent to their deaths. As you say, I can’t believe they haven’t turned yet.

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

How the **** aren’t the Russians turning on Putin by now??? I can’t believe the brainwashing runs that deep. They really are a bunch of cowards.

I suspect the general public is only just now becoming aware of the mess.

People who are close enough to turn on Putin are likely his accomplices in this fiasco.

10 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

They don’t need to attack over the massive river to drive the Russians out, Ukraine holds territory to the north which is on the eastern bank. They can just attack south from that instead.

I see what you mean. They could for example roll an entire army over the river from Kyiv and push south from there on the East Side of the Dnipro. In fact you would think that's what they are doing now. 

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I see what you mean. They could for example roll an entire army over the river from Kyiv and push south from there on the East Side of the Dnipro. In fact you would think that's what they are doing now. 

Well if it were that easy they would have done it by now. They will presumably be aiming to take back more land by pushing south from Zaporizhzhia but it will probably take a while to get through the defensive lines.

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Well if it were that easy they would have done it by now. They will presumably be aiming to take back more land by pushing south from Zaporizhzhia but it will probably take a while to get through the defensive lines.

I suspect they'll start by HIMARsing the front line defences on the left bank first and just keep grinding those defensive lines from the relative safety of the right bank. Ukraine now have the high ground advantage over the left bank too, so snipers in high buildings may also cause a bit of havoc with their Snipex Alligators, it's an absolute beast, it has a range of 4 miles and uses 14.5mm machine gun rounds. You'd have to suspect that although they've left Kherson the new front lines on the left bank will be hell, given the terrain and height differential plus, everyone knows where those lines are and they don't appear to have much cover. Ukraine can grind there for quite some time in relative safety compared to when they've been going through recently. It's Ukraine that will have the cover and all the advantages that brings

Just the attrition in that situation must eventually weaken other lines further as those troops will need to be replaced. The hastily made portable pill boxes I saw photos of my provide cover from machine guns and rifles but given the accuracy of Ukraine's artillery and the devastation the HIMARS can cause, you really wouldn't want to be the soldiers tasked with sitting in them, they aren't exactly disguised nor do they look that substantial.

It will also take Russia a fair while to get any artillery in place to fire back and again, that in itself will weaken other lines further plus it will all be in HIMARS range if they attempt to shell Kherson

I think Ukraine will just hold that line for now and grind away, then concentrate their efforts at the other end of the Dnipro.

• Like 1

Also in relation to leaving in a hurry and leaving stuff behind, they left this. Admittedly it was originally a Ukrainian Mi-8 that was captured but Ukraine have it back now (The camoflage scheme is Ukrainian but they painted over the Ukrainian roundel with a Z)

Oh and as I was talking about HIMARS and its range, here's a map indicating the range it now covers. No artillery in that area will be safe and in theory if the Russians decide to keep it outside HIMARS range, Kherson shouldn't get the artillery bombarments we've seen elsewhere. It also frees up some HIMARS units to now assist at the other end of the Dnipro

ydymslx4jez91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Like 1

Â