Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's harder to kill world leaders than you'd think. The CIA spent decades trying to kill Castro, lest we forget, the leader of a tiny nation that was so isolated it made brake fluid out of shampoo and was on their doorstep.

Mossad kills little people - scientists, military people, leading figures of groups opposed to Israel, particularly those linked to attacks on Israel, which isn't dissimilar to taking out gang leaders. They don't kill world leaders. It's too difficult and causes bigger issues, and doesn't achieve much in their greater strategic goals.

The most successful at killing high level politicians seem to be lone nutters with a gun, and Putin is very careful to ensure he's basically never around the public.

And then you have the whole Hitler fallacy - is this invasion of Ukraine purely at Putin's beck and call, or are there other ranking figures in Russia who also fancy the idea? Does killing Putin end it? Probably not, even with all of his power in Russia there's probably people around him that also think this is a good idea, and may not change their mind if he suddenly keels over.

Sadly,your probably right.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

If it's anything like a Hitman level then you can probably get him to do something that makes him dismiss all his guards then spend time with an unknown person in a room filled with deadly equipment and two massive laundry baskets

• Haha 1

The US military confirm what has been suggested several times in here.

"We want to see Russia weakened to the degree that it can't do the kinds of things that it has done in invading Ukraine," the US military chief said. 

A longer drawn out battle is better in the long term than trying go finish this war off quickly.

BBC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

NATO should nullify the nuclear threat held by Russia by blowing up all the locations they believe are storing nuclear weapons. Job done.

Edit: to be clear that was very tongue in cheek based on the assessment its “zero risk” of setting one off by accident.

I offer you 2 choices -:

1. Identify the location of every single warhead and launch a simultaneous and undetectable attack on every single one with a 100% success rate.  

Or

2. Buy SHA and get them promoted. 

I shall pull up Russia on Google Maps. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Another Russian facility on fire, this time an airbase near Vladivostok - 4400 miles from Kyiv. Ukraine didn’t hit this place with a missile! 😂

I wouldn't get too excited.  The area has been experiencing a lot of grass fires.  The video on YouTube is taken from a car which drives past several other areas of burnt grass whilst filming the plume of smoke.  Its clearly not a major fire.  

Just now, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I wouldn't get too excited.  The area has been experiencing a lot of grass fires.  The video on YouTube is taken from a car which drives past several other areas of burnt grass whilst filming the plume of smoke.  Its clearly not a major fire.  

Trouble is, it's the army that usually puts them out and they appear to have left the local bases for a special operation somewhere

24 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I offer you 2 choices -:

1. Identify the location of every single warhead and launch a simultaneous and undetectable attack on every single one with a 100% success rate.  

Or

2. Buy SHA and get them promoted. 

I shall pull up Russia on Google Maps. 

Or 3) launch coordinated missile attack on SHA?

kombucha-girl.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Current off the record briefings are hinting that they were actually TB2 Bayraktar drone strikes

It would be sensible to claim that for sure. 

Just now, Awol said:

It would be sensible to claim that for sure. 

Yes, that was my thought too. Given the destroyed train line in said region and today a big fire at an Agrichemical facility, it still suggests the likelihood of an active unit in the area

• Like 1

'The largest population of Ukrainians outside of Ukraine lives in Russia where about 1.9 million Russian citizens identify as Ukrainian, while millions of others (primarily in southern Russia and Siberia) have some Ukrainian ancestry.'

At 1.9m Ukrainians in Russia I'm sure a good number of those will do whatever they have to to protect families back home.  Even a few hundred could create massive problems in Russia if used in the right way. I would expect other infrastructure to also be on the wish list, train lines, bridges, electricity and water the list of targets is endless.  Not sure Putin really thought this through.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Yes, that was my thought too. Given the destroyed train line in said region and today a big fire at an Agrichemical facility, it still suggests the likelihood of an active unit in the area

Have you seen the video of the explosion? Certainly sounds like a missile strike. There's evidence that the TB-2 was brought down in Kursk Oblast as it was returning home.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Or 3) launch coordinated missile attack on SHA?

How ? 

The modern missiles will never be able to lock on to anything of any value and will most likely abort and self destruct.

It will on the other hand be the 1st time in the history of warfare where the target is worth considerably less than the missile hitting it.

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

How ? 

The modern missiles will never be able to lock on to anything of any value and will most likely abort and self destruct.

It will on the other hand be the 1st time in the history of warfare where the target is worth considerably less than the missile hitting 

I propose locking on the heat generated by shell-suit friction.  

• Haha 1

Â