• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

16 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

No it really happened

Maybe not that surprising when you think about it, Berlin has circa 25k Russians living there and 260k live in the country and that's just Russians actually born in Russia and then moved to Germany not 2nd or 3rd generation Russians following the war

It wouldn't be outlandish to suggest there are a fair few with Russian ties in the east of Germany 

The comment that says "allowed them to parade" is the questionable bit for me, would be interesting to see how much anyone knew about it 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe not that surprising when you think about it, Berlin has circa 25k Russians living there and 260k live in the country and that's just Russians actually born in Russia and then moved to Germany not 2nd or 3rd generation Russians following the war

It wouldn't be outlandish to suggest there are a fair few with Russian ties in the east of Germany 

The comment that says "allowed them to parade" is the questionable bit for me, would be interesting to see how much anyone knew about it 

Well today was the half marathon in Berlin I think security and organisation was set on other things so the parade probably sneaked through. I dont think it was officially organised

On 02/04/2022 at 00:38, bickster said:

Well worth a watch, if you didn't watch Newsnight

To be frank, little makes me more happy than an 'elite' einsatsgruppe like this one, having raped and pillaged their way through Kazakhstan and Belearus this and last year, being utterly destroyed. There's a special place in hell for these guys.

13 hours ago, bickster said:

That’s what happens in a functioning democracy

Reminds me of the Nazi protest in the 70s Illinois. Worth reading up on.

The Jewish lawyers actually defended the Nazi march under the argument that regardless of how offensive the protest is, they are constitually protected to free speech and allowed to express their opinion.

I don't like Nazi marches as much as the next person, but I guess that's what a democracy is. 

If Russians want to drive through a city and showcase flags, we should let  them - then we should discuss the atrocities the Russian state is doing.

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

The drive part is important. 

They would not march as they are cowards but driving means they can get away.

You are probably correct. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Reminds me of the Nazi protest in the 70s Illinois. Worth reading up on.

The Jewish lawyers actually defended the Nazi march under the argument that regardless of how offensive the protest is, they are constitually protected to free speech and allowed to express their opinion.

I don't like Nazi marches as much as the next person, but I guess that's what a democracy is. 

If Russians want to drive through a city and showcase flags, we should let  them - then we should discuss the atrocities the Russian state is doing.

A functioning democracy allows a counter-demonstration like we see in Liverpool and other places as soon as the Nazis try and March. They’ve been thwarted every time here

• Like 2

Pretty astonishing that Russian foreign policy elite are now laying out both how and why they seek to end Ukraine as a sovereign state. If I muck up the quotes please see the whole thread: 

To be Ukrainian is to be Nazi, and the Nazis must be liquidated. A clearer justification for the genocide of Ukraine you will not find. We won’t be able to say we weren’t warned. 

Edited by Awol
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Anywhere but Russia, regardless of the pain that causes. Actions on that scale are needed, now. 

I think the problem is they literally can't, the infrastructure doesn't exist and won't for around another 3 to 5 years, they have no LNG terminals 

65% of imported gas comes from Russia, they can't cut that ofd

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think the problem is they literally can't, the infrastructure doesn't exist and won't for around another 3 to 5 years, they have no LNG terminals 

I'm not sure why Ukranians should be paying the bill for Germany's over-reliance on Russian gas. Difficult for Germany, but they have known of this problem for a very long time - and if Russia decide they want paying in Roubles again, well the choice will be taken out of their hands. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I'm not sure why Ukranians should be paying the bill for Germany's over-reliance on Russian gas. 

The salient point, and one made to deaf German ears for many years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Now that spring is coming, they can. They need to push for renewables, undo the closing of their nuclear plants and essentially cut gas use until the autumn to a minimum. It's doable, but it'll cost.

I don't know the long story as to why, it's strange working for a German LNG company that builds ranks around the world but there are no ranks in Germany 

These 2 new big projects that they've green lighted and fast tracked, I worked on brunsbuttel 2 years ago and then it just didn't move, my company worked on Wilhelmshaven about 4 years ago before I even started, both were just stuck in red tape planning permission mire, there was a 3rd project in rostock but that was backed by a Russian company but that sat there for 3 years with nothing happening 

Its like they flirt with them but until now never took the plunge, they used them in a political pissing contest and now its bit them on the ass 

Â