17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

I was actually at the game, we had so many injuries...Adomah even came off after 20 mins and we had an attacking trio of Onomah, Hogan and ELMo.

Difference is now we have basically everyone back, and Kodija is looking sharper by the week.....Imagine a starting front 4 of Kodija, Grealish, Snod and Adomah on that big wembley pitch.

Brentford have comprehensively beaten us all 4 times we played them. It wasn't a one off! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Brentford have comprehensively beaten us all 4 times we played them. It wasn't a one off! 

we have lost to them twice only, the draws last year we were betetr at villa park and this year they dominated but lets not forget we didnt have grealish, grabban or kodjia in any of those game sthis year.

if we show up we will beta brentford. but we dont ever seem to thats the problem! 

27 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

I was actually at the game, we had so many injuries...Adomah even came off after 20 mins and we had an attacking trio of Onomah, Hogan and ELMo.

Difference is now we have basically everyone back, and Kodija is looking sharper by the week.....Imagine a starting front 4 of Kodija, Grealish, Snod and Adomah on that big wembley pitch.

Wembley - 105m x 69m

Villa Park - 105m x 68m

Not sure the extra 1m is going to make a big difference.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

From my last 2 sentences, Tro, you will see that I, far from throwing in the trowel, am still hopeful of promotion.

I obviously cannot know what a different manager might have achieved, but I can only base my opinion on what I have seen of Bruce.

You, of course, have an equally valid opposing opinion, and we really would not need this forum if we all agreed about everything.

But, more importantly, Tro, managers come and go, and you and I, whoever that manager, will always love and support our Aston Villa.

AB That is true.

However,It is most unlikely that your opinion will ever change on Steve Bruce and whether we win, lose or draw it will remain.....its the same for many other fans, but I can assure you his name was ringing from the Holte End on Tuesday night

We agree on very much, but like some other posters.....I do not agree that everything that I see as wrong in a match, is directly attributable to the manager....Much yes, ALL no.

Despite my defending him, I think he is just ok......I rate him in some things like changing the poisonous atmosphere surrounding BMH, stopping the haemorrhaging of goals against when he arrived and other things not so much.

In the main, I forget about him.

like managers of the past.....I just comment on the team and the last game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carewjust4u said:

Alright it's difficult to argue with that, fortunately Brentford find themselves in 10th place (phew).

Perhaps their manager gets 'em fired up more of our games, hoping he'll get the job.

not sustainable though is it?

The race for the play offs is really close and they all basically play each other over the next few weeks. Sheff Utd v Millwall at lunchtime Saturday and Boro v Bristol City at 3pm followed by the Fulham v Brentford game Saturday tea-time are all important games. Everyone from Derby in 4th down to Preston in 11th has a legitimate shot at the top 6 at this point.

Down in Mid-Table, QPR, Leeds, Norwich and Ipswich have nothing to play for but pride and position at this point. Forest, Weds and Hull are unlikely to be dragged into the relegation picture but still need a win and a draw (or 2 in Forest's case) to be mathematically safe going in to the weekend. I have to admit (rather obviously) that I would love Norwich to take 3 points against Cardiff on Saturday though.

After them Reading, SHA, Bolton and Barnsley look like they are trying to stay away from the last place in the bottom 3 as Sunderland and Burton look doomed to me. They both need to start and keep on winning though and it doesn't look very likely. Sunderland away at Reading and Barnsley host Bolton this weekend which both look pretty tasty. Burton host Derby while Wolves could clinch promotion (or even the title depending on the Fulham and Cardiff results on Saturday) at home to SHA with a win on Sunday. Safe to say I'd love to see Wolves clinch the title on Sunday then :P.

Lets hope we can start the weekend with 3 points tomorrow to at least make it interesting. 2nd has to be the aim until it's mathematically impossible - as Bruce just said in the Leeds press conference. He also said if we had to go up through the play offs then lets do that then or words to that effect. Go Steve.

None have the top teams have beaten us at Villa Park.

We can beat any one of them on our day, but we seem to be able the play **** a bit more readily than some of them.

Its all down to application in my view....We can win the playoffs.

2 wins in our last six games just shows you how badly we have choked. 2nd was there for the taking and we blew it. Oh well, let's hope we get our shit together for the playoffs. 

Edited by villa89

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

we have lost to them twice only, the draws last year we were betetr at villa park and this year they dominated but lets not forget we didnt have grealish, grabban or kodjia in any of those game sthis year.

if we show up we will beta brentford. but we dont ever seem to thats the problem! 

Us not turning up is Brentford not allowing us to turn up. Those 2 games last year they dominated too.

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

No they haven't. It took a last minute equaliser at VP last season to stop us winning and we drew again this season. 

I dont really know what your point is.

They outplayed us both times.  The first was Di Mateos game tbf, but we didnt deserve the point never mind the 3. They also deserved the 3 this year. 

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I dont really know what your point is.

They outplayed us both times.  The first was Di Mateos game tbf, but we didnt deserve the point never mind the 3. They also deserved the 3 this year. 

You don't know what my point is?

You said that Brentford had "comprehensively beaten us all 4 times they played us".

I pointed out that that is categorically not the case. What don't you get? 

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

You said that Brentford had "comprehensively beaten us all 4 times they played us".

your point.

sorry, just couldn't resist it in the name of humour:D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

So your point is semantic? Maybe i should have said outplayed then.

The point is we were battered.

Edited by Nigel

11 minutes ago, Nigel said:

So your point is semantic? Maybe i should have said outplayed then.

The point is we were battered.

are we...............Cod or Plaice:D