Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Chindie

12 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Just beat my first Lynel. I had to eat 150+ apples but still..

tenor.gif?itemid=7523792

It's a nice feeling, as they're comfortably the hardest enemies I've seen in the game.  That said, the white/silver ones are a lot harder than the red and blue.  They hit much harder and are a lot quicker.  The one I tried to down was in a snowy area, so as my cold gear is still a bit weak I wore my upgraded soldier armour and had to use a cold resist elixir rather than an attack power or defence one.  End result, he whupped my arse.  Best bet is to try to hit them in the face with an arrow, but the white ones are so quick they've often sliced into you before you've had time to react.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Risso said:

It's a nice feeling, as they're comfortably the hardest enemies I've seen in the game.  That said, the white/silver ones are a lot harder than the red and blue.  They hit much harder and are a lot quicker.  The one I tried to down was in a snowy area, so as my cold gear is still a bit weak I wore my upgraded soldier armour and had to use a cold resist elixir rather than an attack power or defence one.  End result, he whupped my arse.  Best bet is to try to hit them in the face with an arrow, but the white ones are so quick they've often sliced into you before you've had time to react.

Is there just the two types? The one I beat was a white one B)

Divine Beasts all done, only a couple of shrines left and plenty of hearts and stamina.

Am I going to the end game?

Am I ****! :D I'm still having way too much fun and there's still a metric **** tonne of side quests to finish.

Easily in my top five games of all time, no question.

Edited by Designer1

I’ve been hammering Skyward Sword the last week or so and it’s made me appreciate how good BotW is even more and that’s not to say SS isn’t great because it really is.

For the next one whether it’s a new world or BotW 2 I’d like to see everything already included plus the return of Temples or their equivalent in the next story alongside the shrines instead of one or the other, higher number of towns and villages, a hyrule castle/castle town proper to explore and things like the grappling hook and slingshot mechanics. 

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Divine Beasts all done, only a couple of shrines left and plenty of hearts and stamina.

Am I going to the end game?

Am I ****! :D I'm still having way too much fun and there's still a metric **** tonne of side quests to finish.

Easily in my top five games of all time, no question.

Same here, I did all of the Divine Beasts a while ago, but I've still got a ton of side quests and just general mucking about I need to do.  I want to get at least five armour sets to 4/4 as well.

Finished it.

Kind of disappointed that you don't get to continue after the credits roll as there were still around ten side quests left to do.

That aside, what a **** game. Absolutely incredble.

15 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Finished it.

Kind of disappointed that you don't get to continue after the credits roll as there were still around ten side quests left to do.

That aside, what a **** game. Absolutely incredble.

You kinda can continue. It creates a save immediately before the boss iirc.

• Thanks 1

And finished.  Really enjoyed the castle area, nice blend of exploration and enemies to have a pop at.

Disappointed with the end encounters though.  Far, far too easy, and the ending was incredibly rushed and a bit poor, all things considered.  Would have been nice to have been able to go back into the world after defeating Ganon.

Still, a brilliant game all things considered, but a few minor quibbles including the ending stop it being a true 10/10.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just completed it. 190 hours put in since Christmas. 

One thing thats annoyed me...

Spoiler

Ganon is stupidly easy. I’d been saving all the best weapons I found, not touching the Lynel bows that give you x5 arrows. Before going to fight him, I went and got 40+ ancient arrows. I spent a while cooking up lots of nice meals, I went round killing Lynels to make sure I had plenty of swords and spears etc. 

I turned up and after the divine beasts took half of Ganon’s life, I shot him in the face with 2 sets of 5 ancient arrows and that part was over. Literally in seconds. 

Then he turns in to a big pig where you get given a special bow and special arrows where you ride around hitting certain parts of his body. I did this in about 3 minutes. Game completed. I don’t think I even lost a single heart in the entire battle.

I’d been putting off completing the game for weeks and I’ve building up to it and preparing to fight Ganon for a while. The guardians on the way to the castle caused me more problems than him. Bah!

Despite that, 10/10, would bang again.

• 4 weeks later...

Gran Turismo and I are on a break.

So I'm finally back to Zelda. Can't remember half the stuff I was doing before, so still kinda just wandering aimlessly and exploring.

Which is fun, does feel like I'm constantly lacking an overall objective though. But I'm sure that will come.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Still can't get into it. Maybe it's because I just wish it was more structured. Although it might be because I'm just wondering around a lot and dying all the time.

The lack of structure does sit funny with me too. I’m still not quite getting it. 

Im enjoying it still, but it hasn’t fully captured me. 

Im sure it will come. I’m just a bit overwhelmed with having such a vast map plonked in front of me and almost no direction. 

• Like 1

Thinking of starting a second playthrough at some point as I'm sure there was still plenty of stuff I missed on my first 200+ hours.

Absolutely magnificent game.

Edited by Designer1

Just spent 2 **** hours running round the plains trying to find a deer before I remembered you could track one using the slate. 

Found one in about a minute after that!

Is there any advantage to adding stuff to your compendium other than you’re able to track stuff using the slate?

i can’t really be bothered to do it unless I get something out of it. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Is there any advantage to adding stuff to your compendium other than you’re able to track stuff using the slate?

i can’t really be bothered to do it unless I get something out of it. 

No, I think it's just for the tracker.  I mostly didn't bother, other than for the odd quest where you needed certain photos.

Â