Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Chindie

I like Windwaker, and replaying it in HD reiterated how good much of it is, but I don't think I could rate it as the best simply because there's so much of it clearly missing in the back end of the game. They cut a few dungeons from the end of Windwaker to hit a release deadline (ultimately using the designs in Twilight Princess, which for all it's flaws has some great dungeons) and so the end of Windwaker has the Triforce quest which was some of the most blatant filler in the series.

I'd have OoT top, and then LttP, Links Awakening, WW, and Breath of the Wild jostling for the places in a top 5 with not much between them.

Breath of the Wild's biggest losses for me are the dungeons, followed by having a less perfunctory story. Chuck in some true dungeons in the world (hide them well too) and put some more into the story, a couple of other tweaks and this is potentially an OoT beater. It just falls short, being slightly too open and having just a little hint too much of the feeling of a proof of concept. But even with those flaws, spectacular.

Someone should do a ranking of Zeldas topic.

I mean OoT would come top but beyond that is anyone's game.

Not sure I could be arsed doing the totting up though. And there's giving tons of Zelda games.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Someone should do a ranking of Zeldas topic.

I mean OoT would come top but beyond that is anyone's game.

Not sure I could be arsed doing the totting up though. And there's giving tons of Zelda games.

I've actually lost track of the ones I've played!

But **** it, I'll start the topic :D 

Oh christ, on the last Divine Beast in the desert, and I think I'm going to have leave it there.  I'm at the sneaking past guards using bananas bit, and I absolutely loathe sections like this.  One foot wrong, and they see you, and it's back to the start.  Ugh, crap.

Iirc that bit is mostly about getting up high and avoiding them. I think there's only about 2/3 you need to actually move with the bananas, such as one right at the end where you need to chuck bananas in front of him whilst stood over the to of his head so you can get to where he was guarding.

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

Oh christ, on the last Divine Beast in the desert, and I think I'm going to have leave it there.  I'm at the sneaking past guards using bananas bit, and I absolutely loathe sections like this.  One foot wrong, and they see you, and it's back to the start.  Ugh, crap.

I thought this at that part, I started getting annoyed so I googled it (cheated) and there's several really easy ways to get past them.

Spoiler

There's a big barrel which you can hide in. They still see you and wander over but you just stand still until they go back.

Also if you climb up the ladder you can glide over to the girders to skip most of it.

There's loads of good items down there though but I gave up trying to get them, I got sick of getting caught.

I've just done the Divine Beast in the desert, my third one but definitely the one I've found hardest so far. The puzzle and boss fight.

I'm going to spend some time exploring now before I go for the fourth beast. When I speak to my mate about this it's as if we're talking about different games, he's discovered so much more than me.

I've still only done one Divine Beast as I've been concentrating on exploration and finding a shit load of shrines for the upgrades.

I've lost count of the amount of superb little moments and lovely touches there have been during my playthrough so far. It's a game that 99% of the time puts a smile on my face. 

I certainly won't be rushing to get it finished. I can see me putting 100-150 hours into it easily.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

God yeah the

Hide contents

Yiga Clan Hideout mission was for me the worst quest in the game by far. Hated all of it. It’s not really difficult but it’s very frustrating.

The hints above really helped with that, tbh, did it the next try after reading the advice.  The mini boss fight was very easy indeed.

I've done all the 4 Divine Beasts now, and am now going for all of the Ancient armor, which you need a lot of Guardian parts for.

If you haven't done all of the divine beasts, do the Gerudo camel one last.  Something REALLY annoying happens after you do that might spoil your exploaration, it's pissing me right off.

6 hours ago, Risso said:

I've done all the 4 Divine Beasts now, and am now going for all of the Ancient armor, which you need a lot of Guardian parts for.

If you haven't done all of the divine beasts, do the Gerudo camel one last.  Something REALLY annoying happens after you do that might spoil your exploaration, it's pissing me right off.

What’s that? Can’t remember what happens after that divine beast?

This is so vast, it’s huge. Never, ever run out of things to do. Because I’m quite bad ass now and all pimped up I’ve taken to going round and handing out a portion of whupass to any and all guardians I meet.

• Like 1

Â