Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Chindie

Second playthrough for me, this time on the Switch (mate leant me his Wii U first time) and I still love it. I’ve been working through the DLC lately which I did find a bit of a slog at times, but I have my cycle zero now which is fun and will help me locate the last twenty or so shrines. 

The Master Sword upgrade quest is a ball ache though. Some of those levels are tough without your equipment and it’s straight back to the start if you die. Just did the medium level (the last 5 were much easier than the 5 in the dark before them) but I’m not sure I could do the next upgrade assuming it gets even tougher.

• 1 month later...

Guys, I'm back! I know you've all missed me.

Another huge break but got back into it over the weekend. Cleared all the side quests I had left over (except for the expansion pack ones as some of those are dull)

Working my way through central Hyruke and about to finally go into the castle.

It's taken me nearly 18 months, but the end is nigh! :D 

• Like 2

18 months and 150 hours of gameplay down and I finally finished it yesterday :D 

Agree with what people have said about the final battle. But didn't take away from the game for me.

I'd say it's the best game I've ever played. Best of all time? I don't play enough games these days to say that. But it's certainly the best I've ever played. It's overtaken Ocarina of Time for me. It has its faults but nothing to take much away from the overall game.

Still got a few side quests to clean up and finish the game again. I got all the memories, for example, and I think I remember reading in here that that gives you an extra cut scene at the end. So there's some motivation to complete it again. Plus the DLC, but I can't see me completing all of that. But we'll see!

Edit: I've had RDR2 sat gathering dust since December and haven't even taken it out of the wrapper yet. I'll finally fire that up over the weekend. So expect a load of posts in that thread that nobody will read, 12 months after everybody else has finished the game.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was confused when I checked the map and it said I was at 32% complete. 

So I googled it and it seems most of that is down to Korok seeds. 

Now I thought I was pretty good at collecting them. I’ve got about 130. 

Turns out there are 900 😳😳

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was confused when I checked the map and it said I was at 32% complete. 

So I googled it and it seems most of that is down to Korok seeds. 

Now I thought I was pretty good at collecting them. I’ve got about 130. 

Turns out there are 900 😳😳

There's an interesting reward if you get them all...

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

There's an interesting reward if you get them all...

I don’t think I’ll ever see it! Can’t see myself going for 900 seeds!

i think I’ll mop up all the DLC aside quests though

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think I’ll ever see it! Can’t see myself going for 900 seeds!

i think I’ll mop up all the DLC aside quests though

I wouldn't worry too much. The reward is

Spoiler

a golden turd.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2019 at 18:31, Chindie said:

I wouldn't worry too much. The reward is

Reveal hidden contents

a golden turd.

Got the Korok mask now which would make this much easier. Still can't be arsed though :D 

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Is it still fun if you play it without sound? Or does that take away too much of the experience?

Random question!

i think it would take away a lot of the experience but it would still be a brilliant game

On 25/04/2021 at 00:38, KenjiOgiwara said:

Is it still fun if you play it without sound? Or does that take away too much of the experience?

Why? If you don’t mind me asking.

Stevo is right. It would still be great, but any gaming experience as complete as this playing this game is has to include sounds. 

There's also parts of the game where sound is pretty important. You have something that acts as a sort of homing beacon and the beeping of it is how you tell when you are close to whatever it is you're looking for. 

Again you could still play it without this, but it would make it a lot harder

11 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

I played it without that because the beeping pissed me off. Maybe I just wasn't using it properly!

You can turn it off or change it to beep for specific things. It's very useful for finding shrines or if you're looking for ingredients or anything specific. Like there's a quest to find grasshoppers or something and it's a doddle when you're using that

Gone back to my second play through, haven’t played it for about 9 months. Still amazing. No other game like it. Wish it had a few more unique looking towns but even as it is it’s one of if not the best game ever made. 

Yeah I need to go back to it at some point to complete the DLC and then do some of the other stuff like finding all the shrines etc.

I genuinely rate it as the best game of all time. It's excellent

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I need to go back to it at some point to complete the DLC and then do some of the other stuff like finding all the shrines etc.

I genuinely rate it as the best game of all time. It's excellent

Hard to see beyond this, still think I will be dipping back in every few months until I either snuff it or the console self destructs 

Â