Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Chindie

It’s **** brilliant. After two play throughs, I still dip into it occasionally to go and fight some lynels or something. 

But there are a few things about it that means it’s not my favourite Zelda. I think the sequel has the potential to be, though. That’ll be a day one purchase.

I’d definitely recommend the DLC. It does feel super tacked on but the shrines are some of the best in the game and the divine beast is the best of the lot by miles. It’s got the only interesting and challenging boss, too. And I bloody love trial of the sword. 

Oh and hero’s path is awesome for being able to see where you haven’t been on the map!

Edited by JB

On 28/04/2021 at 18:26, JB said:

It’s **** brilliant. After two play throughs, I still dip into it occasionally to go and fight some lynels or something. 

But there are a few things about it that means it’s not my favourite Zelda. I think the sequel has the potential to be, though. That’ll be a day one purchase.

I’d definitely recommend the DLC. It does feel super tacked on but the shrines are some of the best in the game and the divine beast is the best of the lot by miles. It’s got the only interesting and challenging boss, too. And I bloody love trial of the sword. 

Oh and hero’s path is awesome for being able to see where you haven’t been on the map!

Hero's path is amazing for finding lots of new secret things you've missed before.

It's as close as you can get to cheating without actually cheating :D 

The divine beasts being a replacement for the traditional dungeons still kind of rubs me the wrong way. We already have the shrines as being one large meta-puzzle, and they're great at serving that purpose. But having 4 larger versions of that is kind of disappointing. You don't get the same sense of completion or satisfaction as completing say the Spirit Temple, or Arbiters Ground or Lanayru Mining Facility.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The divine beasts being a replacement for the traditional dungeons still kind of rubs me the wrong way. We already have the shrines as being one large meta-puzzle, and they're great at serving that purpose. But having 4 larger versions of that is kind of disappointing. You don't get the same sense of completion or satisfaction as completing say the Spirit Temple, or Arbiters Ground or Lanayru Mining Facility.

Agree with this. They’re pretty much indistinguishable and quite frankly a bit boring. Probably didn’t help that I was expecting something like Shadow of the Colossus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB said:

Agree with this. They’re pretty much indistinguishable and quite frankly a bit boring. Probably didn’t help that I was expecting something like Shadow of the Colossus.

I've done 3 so far, and they're all a variation of "rotate this part of the beast this way so you can move that way". Really disappointing aspect of the game I hope they improve on in the second 1.

• Like 1

I think they will. It's pretty much the only consistent bit of negative feedback I've seen thrown at it.

I get it, even though it wasn't really something that bothered me. It wasn't a traditional Zelda game so I didn't mind that it didn't have traditional dungeons. There was plenty of extra stuff in there to take it's place.

The only thing that bothered me about the dungeons were the awful maps!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think they will. It's pretty much the only consistent bit of negative feedback I've seen thrown at it.

I get it, even though it wasn't really something that bothered me. It wasn't a traditional Zelda game so I didn't mind that it didn't have traditional dungeons. There was plenty of extra stuff in there to take it's place.

The only thing that bothered me about the dungeons were the awful maps!

They're so bad, I thought I was just dumb and didn't get it :lol: . Honestly think the game would have been better without the dungeons, as it's not a traditional Zelda game like you say and didn't need half-assed dungeons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

They're so bad, I thought I was just dumb and didn't get it :lol: . Honestly think the game would have been better without the dungeons, as it's not a traditional Zelda game like you say and didn't need half-assed dungeons.

Nah the maps are awful. You can't tell where anything is. I don't know if they're deliberately awkward, but I hated them. Just give me a normal map ffs

Â