Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Chindie

Worth noting that a lot of shrines include secrets. There's a way of telling if you've completely cleared a shrine from the map but I can't remember what it is. Mostly the secrets are hidden chests, some are quite easy to find, others are fairly devious.

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Worth noting that a lot of shrines include secrets. There's a way of telling if you've completely cleared a shrine from the map but I can't remember what it is. Mostly the secrets are hidden chests, some are quite easy to find, others are fairly devious.

You get a little chest symbol next to the shrine on the map (maybe only if you hover over it) if you haven't found the chest in there.

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You get a little chest symbol next to the shrine on the map (maybe only if you hover over it) if you haven't found the chest in there.

That's the one.

Drove myself mad getting a couple of the extra chests. Iirc there's a shrine which resembles (spoiler hint for the type of puzzle in the shrine)

Spoiler

golf which drove me absolutely nuts, iirc because the final bit of it is maddeningly precise to get the secret, or might have actually just been to get the initial puzzle completed.

I actually thought the Divine Beasts were one of the worst parts of the game.

I’m working on getting the Master Sword before I do any more Divine Beasts.  By the way, if anybody is struggling for rupees there’s a really good way of getting lots quite quickly:

Spoiler

The bowling mini game next to one of the towers.  You get 300 per strike, and if you position yourself right you can get a strike every time. 

46 minutes ago, Risso said:

I’m working on getting the Master Sword before I do any more Divine Beasts.  By the way, if anybody is struggling for rupees there’s a really good way of getting lots quite quickly:

Hide contents

The bowling mini game next to one of the towers.  You get 300 per strike, and if you position yourself right you can get a strike every time. 

Or you can farm the Dragon Horns and sell them for 300 rupees per horn. You can make about 50k rupees in an hour which is more than you'll probably need for the whole game. Definitely for lazy people like me who haven't got the time to spend hour upon hour on the game! 

https://youtu.be/I32IH0a9Dkg

Edited by villarule123

7 hours ago, Risso said:

Reveal hidden contents

Master Sword mechanic spoilers

Spoiler

...it still breaks ;)

(...temporarily)

Second divine beast down as well, by the way.  The bird one, which I have to say was a fair bit easier than the elephant.  Even the boss battle was a piece of piss.

One of the things that appeals to me most is that is has a very defined, very unique sense of place.

There's not many games that really nail that feeling for me. I think Dark Souls was probably the last one.

I know what you mean Si, the world just feels complete and perfectly put together.  I think it’s on a par with Ocarina and just behind Windwaker in the Zelda stakes.

Minor quibbles:

I agree with Chindie in that the Divine Beasts aren’t quite substantial enough. Lack of proper dungeons feels a bit un-Zelda like.

Rain - interesting mechanic for plants and animal behaviour to change, but when all you want to do is climb a cliff, and you have to wait 10 minutes for the weather to change, it’s a right pain in the arse

Horse riding - the camera and the controls are poor for this

The weapon breaking thing becomes less of an issue now though, as people have said.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm sorry, what?

Windwaker is my favourite Zelda game, if not favourite game of all time.  Ocarina is a very close second, and I’d put the current incarnation on a par with Ocarina.

1 minute ago, Risso said:

Windwaker is my favourite Zelda game, if not favourite game of all time.  Ocarina is a very close second, and I’d put the current incarnation on a par with Ocarina.

Fair enough! 

Windwaker would be in my top 3 I think. Maybe 4th. Fantastic game, but it has some stiff competition in the Zelda series.

As for BOTW, unfortunately I haven't touched it for a week. I have a serious Gran Turismo addiction!

Â