Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Chindie

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Which divine beast?

I ask because if it's the Zora one then the rain is constant in that area.

I've just done the Zora divine beast myself. Was good fun and to be fair I didn't seem to need to be too geared up to do it.

Other than that I've done basically what you've been doing. The main quest for a bit, couple of side quests, and then just doing a few towers to open it up a bit.

Main thing I've found is for the tougher enemies it's much better to just run away :D 

Spoiler for Zora bit:

Reveal hidden contents

For the bit where you have to climb the huge mountain in the Zora part and fight the Centaur guy at the top to collect Shock arrows.
I tried it about half a dozen times and got my arse kicked comfortably every time. Then realised I could just sneak around up there collecting shock arrows and never have to face the guy.
I assume he's still up there :D

Getting into this a bit more now.  I've got into the Zora divine beast, but haven't done the dungeon itself yet, as wanted to explore a bit first and do some side quests.  I've opened up most of the map, well at least most of what I'll need in the early stages.  Yes, I realise that about the Zora area, but in general it takes ages to move from one weather cycle to the next which when all you want to do is climb a cliff, is irritating.

And yes, pegging it is often the very best option!

Spoiler

I've just got Link's female costume to get into Goron City.  

• Like 1

I would leave Eventide well alone until you feel like you've got the mechanics of the game down, unless you want a challenge. It was one of the last things I did in the game and I don't think I had what you'd call a textbook run at it... :)

I would recommend just exploring and finding shrines as much as you can though. It's the meat of the game and you'll want the hearts and stamina as the game goes on.

A question.

The little statue things that give you extra hearts or stamina in exchange for orbs. 

Can I go back to the same one multiple times to cash in? Or do I have to find a new one every time?

I've got a dozen orbs in my inventory but haven't seen one of those statues in a while.

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A question.

The little statue things that give you extra hearts or stamina in exchange for orbs. 

Can I go back to the same one multiple times to cash in? Or do I have to find a new one every time?

I've got a dozen orbs in my inventory but haven't seen one of those statues in a while.

You can keep using the same one. I just fast travel to one in one of the villages (cant remember the name).

• Like 1

Another thing I absolutely love about this game is how some of the shrines almost troll you :)

There's been a few where the solution has been so bleeding obvious and yet it's designed to make you approach it in a different manner.

Oh and that shrine with the motion controlled ball that so many people seemed to complain about online, took me about two minutes :) as soon as work out you can change the starting position of the ball it's a breeze.

Edited by Designer1

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

You can keep using the same one. I just fast travel to one in one of the villages (cant remember the name).

Cool, I'll do that next time I play. Need some extra stamina.

Another small bug bear is only being able to swim for a short time. Annoying.

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Are you guys using horses? I haven’t really bothered, it seemed like too much hassle

Yep. They're pretty easy to tame, no hassle at all. 

Makes moving round the map much quicker in areas you haven't explored yet. Downside is you can't call them from anywhere on the map, so if they're out of range of your whistle then you have to go to a stable to get it back (or walk to wherever it is)

• Thanks 1

Not sure if I’m going about things in the right order, but I’ve climbed every single tower to open up all of the map, and have done quite a few shrines (now have seven hearts and two stamina upgrades) Have been to all of the towns and villages so feel pretty well equipped.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Risso said:

Not sure if I’m going about things in the right order, but I’ve climbed every single tower to open up all of the map, and have done quite a few shrines (now have seven hearts and two stamina upgrades) Have been to all of the towns and villages so feel pretty well equipped.  

That's pretty good going. I assumed there would be towers and Shrines that you couldn't do or get to unless you'd done certain things first, so that's interesting.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's pretty good going. I assumed there would be towers and Shrines that you couldn't do or get to unless you'd done certain things first, so that's interesting.

Some of them are pretty tricky, but all possible. I haven’t done a divine beast yet.  Some of the combat shrines look a bit beyond me yet.

48 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I get wound up very quickly when I can't work out a puzzle in a shrine, so I youtube it and feel stupid because then they're glaringly obvious.

Rinse and repeat.

I never see the point of doing this. 

Never have. Part of the fun is spending ages trying to do something and then finally cracking it.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I never see the point of doing this. 

Never have. Part of the fun is spending ages trying to do something and then finally cracking it.

I know, it's definitely cheating but I think it's only fun for about 15 minutes. When I start trying the same thing over and over again or thinking things like..."maybe if I crouch when I detonate this bomb", then I start getting frustrated.

• Haha 1

Â