Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Chindie

I'm still playing this twice, once on my own save and once on the daughters save (well, we are playing it together on her save, I'm just there for the fighting but I'm seeing the content twice) and I'm still really enjoying it.  Saw a bit of disdain for the desert/camel divine beast but I think that was my favourite quest line in the whole game so far. I loved the build up to it, sneaking into Gerudo Town and the whole Yiga clan bit was great.  Did a bit of messing around inside Hyrule Castle tonight, not gonna fight Ganon yet but I'm now at a point where I'm (relatively) happy fighting Lynels inside a castle packed with hostile guardians. Never thought I'd be able to say that. 

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Back to the game, and I'm now just happily exploring the areas of the map that look a little blank.  I think I've got all of the visible shrines, and so now am well into getting all of the "hidden" ones.  I've got most of the armor sets upgraded two levels, and have a fair mix of weapons.  Still think it'll be a while until I go and tackle Hyrule Castle though, as it's just such a pleasure exploring the enormous world.  There's nearly always sonething new to discover, even in areas you think you've mostly finished.  Wonderful game.  The four power ups you get from completing the Divine Beasts make the game a lot easier in a lot of ways, which is what I like about the game. Once you get past the initial few hours, it really starts to reward you in a fair way.

• Like 2

I keep saying it, but I can't get enough of this, it just keeps getting better and better.

I want to get as much as possible out of the game before I finish it. The lower third of my map was looking quite empty so yesterday I walked east along the coast from Gerudo Desert with the intention of getting to the other side of the map. I must have played for 6-7 hours and I didn't make it. I found about 25 Korok seeds, 10 shrines (some of which were really fun shrine quests) and a handful of other little surprises.

I've marked 4 Lynels on my map, still haven't gone near one since getting easily destroyed by one.

• Like 1

Yes, that's one thing I haven't got round to giving a shoeing yet.  Found one up in the mountains in a cold area, he spotted me, then hit me unerringly with about 10 arrows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Oh yeah, what are those huuuuuuge chinese dragon looking things that you see floating about? 

Money making machines.  If you hit one with an arrow, a piece of scale or horn falls off, which you can sell for quite a few rupees, or use in elixirs to give 30 mins of effect.  Somebody posted a video on this thread recently of how to do it over and over at one of the respawn points.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Oh yeah, what are those huuuuuuge chinese dragon looking things that you see floating about? 

You also need a scale from one for a shrine quest iirc.

• Like 1

Guardians are a piece of piss.  The stationary turret ones are easy as you just run or glide up to them and unload on them.  They tend not to be able to lock onto you as you're too close.  The ruuny about octopusy ones are pretty simple too, as you get in close, chop a couple of legs off, then freeze time on them, and batter them until they explode.

As you say though, Lynels, not so much!

And I've just unlocked four combat shrines in a row.  I don't mind them as they're pretty easy, but I much prefer the puzzle shrines.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

The guardians are even easier once you learn how to parry them. 

Did I just get lucky? Because I've been parrying them to kill them since I first encountered them. Timing is a little tricky but kills them pretty easily.

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Did I just get lucky? Because I've been parrying them to kill them since I first encountered them. Timing is a little tricky but kills them pretty easily.

Evidently. Once you've got the timing it's piss easy. 

Second Divine Beast down.

I've spent quite a bit of time on shrines the last week or so and I have to say 99% of them are wonderfully designed and a pleasure to work out. They never seem to frustrate me even if I get stuck for a little while.

I've got around 25 hearts and nearly 3 rings of stamina now so it's definitely been worth the effort to track them down.

Oh and the weapon degradation becomes much less of an issue as the game goes on. It doesn't bother me half as much now.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

Â