Pre match thread - Leeds

Brumstopdogs

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

But beyond that, it's very interesting. 

I think if Gardner has recovered from his knock, then I'd go with:

------------Gardner--------Westwood-------------

Honestly, god help us if we go with that. I'd rather play Grealish at centre mid than either of them. 

Jedinak might have had a poor game yesterday. but that powder puff pairing will be annihilated. 

..................Bacuna.......Jedinak........Grealish.................

For me. 

Bunn 

Hutton     Chester     Baker   Amavi

Grealish  Jedinak   Bacuna

Adomah     McCormack       Kodjia

Possibly Ayew in for McCormack but Ross needs to get minutes under his belt so that he can fill in for Kodjia when he departs next month. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KJT123 said:

Bunn 

Hutton     Chester     Baker   Amavi

Grealish  Jedinak   Bacuna

Adomah     McCormack       Kodjia

Possibly Ayew in for McCormack but Ross needs to get minutes under his belt so that he can fill in for Kodjia when he departs next month. 

I think that's one of our strongest line ups... nitpicking but I would probably swap Bacuna and Grealish from the left and right as Bacuna has a better cross from his right foot, whereas jack can dribble so well that coming inside from the left would be more dangerous. 

I know what you mean re Ayew/RMC... I'd stick with Ross for the first half and if he's not in the game then get Ayew on... or maybe even Gestede if we can't break them down. He's due a goal surely.

1 hour ago, dnmacf said:

Tickets in the Upper Trinity Road at £37! Wish we could reduce the price to encourage a sell out.

Absolutely shocking prices. I think they assume that it will easily be around 40k so sod it we will keep it at £37. On tv too.

• Like 1

The teams above us (Leeds included) have been earning points at similar rates despite us having won a few lately. As such, we have risen up the table fairly slowly. We need to start beating the teams around and above us in order to stand a chance of reaching the playoff spots. We haven't lost at home all season, including against Newcastle and I think we may benefit from having played Leeds already. I also feel we have a bit more quality in our side, with the likes of Kodija, Ayew and Grealish capable of producing something special to separate the teams. Yet we can can be disorganised at times, particularly in midfield. I'm hopeful and somewhat optimistic that if our midfield remain tight and work hard, we will get a favourable result. Looking forward to the game. Festive period under the floodlights with a decent crowd, should be a good match! 

21 minutes ago, DonRevieTheKing said:

Terrific turnout that especially for a TV game. Hopefully a good atmosphere. First time at Villa Park in ages. 

Will be a good game and should be a very good atmosphere. I'd like to say good luck but won't :)