Gareth Southgate

Richard

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

The Mings dropping was bizarre and a lot worse than Grealish

especially given the record breaking defeats that came after dropping him but he still wouldn't call him back up, he named **** Dier instead

had a perfectly fine defence apart from the looming problem of maguire not playing very well, dropped mings as a result despite his clean sheet record, called up some guys who weren't very good, conceded a tonne of goals, decided the answer was to go all the way back to dier

bizarre is one word for it

23 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I don't think he has any agenda against us. I think he did have an issue with Grealish however, apart from that he's just generally clueless and always contradicting his bizarre reasons/decisions. All this while exerting no personality or emotion.

I think he does. And that’s why it’ll be hard for Ramsey to get a call-up now, whereas an English player can fart in a Chelsea shirt and get a call up 

• Haha 1

Holy shit, I really didn't think he was that stupid to start Henderson. Maguire yes, he's that stupid, but Henderson, that's suicide.

I kinda think he knows he's off the end of the Euros, so don't really care as much as he used to, to media/public opinion.

Southgate is even worse than Henderson for me with his hypocrisy. Just insane. He has no reason to pick Henderson at all.

I would MAYBE get it if he was a peak, world class player who moved to Saudi, but he isn't.

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Southgate is even worse than Henderson for me with his hypocrisy. Just insane. He has no reason to pick Henderson at all.

I would MAYBE get it if he was a peak, world class player who moved to Saudi, but he isn't.

Believed in all the Saudi hate/politics until that Saudi football director guy told him to be careful what he says, now all his views have changed.

2 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I honestly think he’s starting him cos people criticised them for picking those two. He’s a troll.

he delibrately didn't call up Grealish because he got a lot of flak for not doing it.

15 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve never been so disassociated with the national team as I am now. I don’t think I’ve watched more than three games since the euro final against Italy. Southgate has completely ruined something I used to enjoy and I wish he’d just quit now. The problem is that the FA and large swathes of the country think he’s doing an amazing job. 

It was worse in 2000s come on. Whole loads of cliches and Golden generation BS. Then in 2010s it was going out of World cups in 1st round and Iceland in Euros.

This time next year Southgate won't be England manager so not long now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Bring back the glory days of this thread…

The funniest one I saw online was...

Southgate is the type of person who wears full on cyclist gear, helmet and all, whilst on his Peloton.

• Like 1

Â