Business Jargon - Words and Phrases

knoppy1987

I just started working for a company that does Agile properly, compared to the last couple of places I was at that thought it meant "like the v model, but with no documentation, just rush that shit out of the door".

It works surprisingly well when you do it properly. 2 week sprints, with shippable code at the end of each and every one, with a major release every 3 months, it's been going much better than the last fe wplaces I've worked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Meeting invites now being subjected "Communications Surgery" FFS!

I can't help but think of this, and I'll link Carlin whenever I can. "People add extra words when they want things to sound more important than they really are". Spot on, IMO.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I just started working for a company that does Agile properly, compared to the last couple of places I was at that thought it meant "like the v model, but with no documentation, just rush that shit out of the door".

It works surprisingly well when you do it properly. 2 week sprints, with shippable code at the end of each and every one, with a major release every 3 months, it's been going much better than the last fe wplaces I've worked.

I dream of this, we currently do waterfall without documentation and rush the shit out the door.

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Lets carry out a 'hindsight review'.

All the other ones have been covered; granularity, moving forward, touching base, blue sky thinking, etc

Oh, and the word 'demised' to signal your job in no longer needed. Your role has been 'demised'

'Hindsight review?'.....is there any other type? :blink:

Oh, it definitely gets missed used, my god does it, which is exactly why it makes my blood boil when I hear it.

18 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

"2020" - I swear, when we finally reach 2020, most of the corporate suckers in my place won't know what to do with themselves.  "2020 this, 2020 that" - well done on drawing an arbitrary line on a calendar for which you will try (and fail) to do something "next gen".

I am sick of hearing about 2020 too. I understand the play on words - 2020 vision, but man. It's been everywhere, all the time, for about 6 months.

Edited by hogso

Â