Business Jargon - Words and Phrases

knoppy1987

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Makes me glad I work with food, it's all bastard this, bastard that.  No mumbo jumbo.

I'm guessing you don't have much to do with menus, labels, advertising, naming outlets, or reviewing, then?

the one i always try to use "it is what it is" basically meaning its a **** up but theres nothing you do about it

the one my boss always uses is "managing expectations" basically meaning its shit but thats what they're getting

the one my last client was trying to push on us was lessons learnt workshop but we had one and all moaned like **** about each other and we're about to sign up to another job with them and they've just ignored everything we said

17 minutes ago, peterms said:

I'm guessing you don't have much to do with menus, labels, advertising, naming outlets, or reviewing, then?

Nah I'm just a baker, all I have to deal with is recipes, there's not really anyone to get on my tits for most of my shift as I'm up so early.

Lets carry out a 'hindsight review'.

All the other ones have been covered; granularity, moving forward, touching base, blue sky thinking, etc

Oh, and the word 'demised' to signal your job in no longer needed. Your role has been 'demised'

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Lets carry out a 'hindsight review'.

All the other ones have been covered; granularity, moving forward, touching base, blue sky thinking, etc

Oh, and the word 'demised' to signal your job in no longer needed. Your role has been 'demised'

Ooh yeah I have actually had a talkback action plan sit-down before which sounds like a hindsight review.

Â