January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

5 minutes ago, John said:

Thanks for the update. I think it is very unlikely we would get Gibson but it matches their cheeky enquiry for Jack. I'm sure Boro would like Jack and we would like Gibson but I doubt that either player would be quite so happy to make the move just now.  

The always injured midfielder at Everton rather than the defender at Boro. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We've enquired about Darron Gibson.

I don't know how serious we were or even if this was before our recent signings, I only know that it happened. 

Surely you mean Ben Gibson ?

10 minutes ago, John said:

Thanks for the update. I think it is very unlikely we would get Gibson but it matches their cheeky enquiry for Jack. I'm sure Boro would like Jack and we would like Gibson but I doubt that either player would be quite so happy to make the move just now.  

Are you on about Ben Gibson?

As Darron GIbson plays for Everton

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not really. Even I can't interpret that riddle and I'm fluent in Tony.

He appears to be saying, if needs be we'll do it because we are the ones with the football knowledge and business acumen, so leave it to us.

Admittedly, that's not Uncle Tone saying we definitely are selling him but he's also not ruling it out.

It could be a warning shot to Jack. Buck your ideas up. Hope he responds in the right way soon or he will be out.

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

He appears to be saying, if needs be we'll do it because we are the ones with the football knowledge and business acumen, so leave it to us.

Admittedly, that's not Uncle Tone saying we definitely are selling him but he's also not ruling it out.

It could be a warning shot to Jack. Buck your ideas up. Hope he responds in the right way soon or he will be out.

He also says "I'm one of yours" which could be taken to mean "I agree" and that it's going to happen if you're good (as in offers will come).

Grealish isn't going anywhere. I think that's wishful thinking from some. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He also says "I'm one of yours" which could be taken to mean "I agree" and that is going to happen if you're good (as in offers will come).

Grealish isn't going anywhere. I think that's wishful thinking from some. 

I read it more that we'd rather keep him, but he'd go for the right price. 

Just now, bobzy said:

I read it more that we'd rather keep him, but he'd go for the right price. 

Every player has their price although I doubt boro could pay it or that grealish would want to go there - iF villa do sell he will get better offers than boro .

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Surprised we would want another midfielder especially a injury prone reserve - maybe we enquirer before we pulled off this weeks signings? 

He's a very good player but yes, I think the injuries have done him. Maybe that's where it ended, I don't know. That's all the info I have. 

• Like 1