Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Yes I'm surprised people think Bruce cant do this - its simple. 

And it isn't the problem.  The problem is he sees no need for it.

When people like TRO say 'he sees what we see, ' yes he does - but what he is seeing is players playing poorly in his style and as he has set them up - he doesn't appear to have even considered for one moment that it is that set up and style that is the problem.

Worryingly correct Terry. 

We'll hopefully address the coaching staff as well as the playing staff this summer.

all of Bruce, Calderwood and Clemence plied their trade as defenders. No wonder we're struggling being creative in an attacking sense. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Better when he left ?

Also at Brighton calderwood wasn't in charge of coaching he was assisting and as he told avtv in his welcome interview it was the opportunity to be taking the coaching himself that tipped his decision to move to villa - Bruce has never been a hands on coach and tactically seems to be very old school in his ideas compared to the the adaptable systems and fluid football styles we see from the modern day coaches .

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

We'll hopefully address the coaching staff as well as the playing staff this summer.

all of Bruce, Calderwood and Clemence plied their trade as defenders. No wonder we're struggling being creative in an attacking sense. 

I think clemence was a midfielder but hardly adventurous :) 

• Like 1

Villa have scored 46 goals in 45 games, Brentford have scored 74 and we bought their best striker. They will most likely finish top 10 and we won't. They have a fraction of our budget and play much better football week in and week out, plus they battered us 3-0.

Can we please give Dean Smith a call next Sunday?

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

My bad, for some reason I thought he was a full back. 

We definitely need an attacking injection in our coaching set up. 

Think his biggest achievement is marrying brooksides Nikki shadwick :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Good, well  run clubs make decisions based on what's good for the club and have no time for sentiment. Tim Sherwood had a good record in the short time he was at Spurs, but their football men spotted he was a chancer who got lucky and sacked him. We were so grateful he kept us up and got to the FA Cup final we thought he "deserved" another season. 

I was shocked when Southampton sacked Nigel Adkins as I thought he was making a good fist of avoiding relegation. Shows what I know!

Chelsea never hang around when it comes to pulling the trigger. I don't like to say anything good about them, and I know they have mountains of cash, but look where they are!

Arsenal are struggling, for their expectations, possibly because they're being sentimental. I'm not saying that they're not very well run, but at this moment in time I think that they're not being as ruthless as some of the other clubs that they're competing with. 

My point is, it's not just Steve Bruce who should be under scrutiny but also Keith Wyness and Steve Round. It's never a bad time to make a good decision. 

I just hope if they do pull the trigger it's not to bring in their old Everton mate David Moyes :(

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its funny how Bruce can coach Jedinak, Kodjia, Baker, Hutton,Taylor,Chester in to decent performace.....but allegedly can't coach the rest.

Jedinak, Chester, Hutton and Taylor came from the premiership, Baker also had premiership experience, now have any of them reached greater heights in their performances under Bruce than previously in the Premiership? and if you telling me that Bruce is coaching Kodja to play that way I am sorry but I don't believe it.

To follow you argument why hasn't he got performances out of Grealish, McCormak, Hogan, Lansbury, Hourihane, Gardner, Bacuna, Adomah, Elphick and Amavi?

• Like 4

After taking a day to think on the game, Bruce has to go. Our club needs to put their foot down and make it known our managers are held to a very high standard. We can't go on with him. We haven't look good in ONE game with Bruce at the helm. Time's up. 

Bruce Out. 

• Like 1

We are currently averaging 1.5 points a game, which is no surprise as it's merely a case of guesswork when trying to predict a result. You can predict that the performance will be rubbish but not the result, although if Kodjia isn't playing then forget winning. 1.5 points per game will give us 69 points next season, which will leave us way off the playoffs. 

Adding to next season's increasing list of worries,  there won't be many clubs coming to us with any fear factor as they will have sussed out that we're clueless and there for the taking. They will be fired up because we're still a big scalp to take, but they won't be scared. Which is the worst possible scenario for us.

• Like 1

Â