Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

11 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

This he failed twice rhetoric has the desperate feel of political spin. As if it's the only thing that matters. Problem is, people are also able to remember how we were before he came in and can see he has made a huge difference. It's not black and white. Nothing ever is unless you're trying to shove your agenda down people's throats. See Farage and his ilk. It's dishonest imo. 

Interesting post. Ultimately a manager is judged on wins and losses, promotions and relegations. Bruce has made Aston Villa a nice place to work, that is all, from where I'm looking (over Farage's shoulder apparently).

He pissed on his chips 4 days after the Wolves game for many of us last season when we rolled over onto our backs and got ministry'd by QPR (Nice guy Bruce dodged the bullet by admitting he'd fudged it, cheers Steve!)

For many of us (alleged) far right knuckle draggers it is very much "black & white", we failed, he failed, but he has blagged another season, kudos to him. I'll support the team but not him. See Corbyn and his one eyed, tunnel visioned, yogurt knitters.

• Haha 1

Yep, so things aren't black and white then. He pissed on his chips because the team lost. You'd have thought he was able to choose his own scores and just did it to wind you lot up ?

It is disingenuous and it's exactly Farage's game. If you fell for that too then well that's probably a bit off topic...

Edited by praisedmambo

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

Yep, so things aren't black and white then. He pissed on his chips because the team lost. You'd have thought he was able to choose his own scores and just did it to wind you lot up ?

It is disingenuous and it's exactly Farage's game. If you fell for that too then well that's probably a bit off topic...

"You lot"? 

Not worth the effort mate, have a good day.

9 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

"You lot"? 

Not worth the effort mate, have a good day.

As in you lot. As you said:

"He pissed on his chips 4 days after the Wolves game FOR MANY OF US last season when we rolled over onto our backs and got ministry'd by QPR"

I also never said anyone was a far right knuckledragger...I said that it was the kind of rhetoric used in politics. Then I said people like Farage used it. To be fair plenty of others do too but they'll do it despite being aware they're ignoring all context and nuance and to promote their very biased agenda.

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, KSV said:

After the meeting with the new owners.. he didn't speak to the media after the game. Now we signing non Steve Bruce players.. 

They trying to make him walk rather than sack him?

What on earth do you mean by that ?

Edited by terrytini

14 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

As in you lot. As you said:

"He pissed on his chips 4 days after the Wolves game FOR MANY OF US last season when we rolled over onto our backs and got ministry'd by QPR"

I also never said anyone was a far right knuckledragger...I said that it was the kind of rhetoric used in politics. Then I said people like Farage used it. To be fair plenty of others do too but they'll do it despite being aware they're ignoring all context and nuance and to promote their very biased agenda.

My point is, it is very much black and white. He failed he shouldn't be here, he shouldn't have been here 30 minutes after the play-off final. No agenda, no rhetoric, plain and simple.

Comparing "us lot" to that stupid word removed is uncalled for as well, it's nothing like that in the slightest.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, terrytini said:

What on earth do you mean by that ?

he wont be scouring the the Portuguese player.. and DOF is gone. Someone else is pulling the strings. 

Edited by KSV

3 minutes ago, KSV said:

he wont be scouring the the Portuguese player.. and DOF is gone. Someone else is pulling the strings. 

The club's scouts will be scouting players, unless you think Bruce goes out and spots every transfer he makes?

I doubt he was scouting the Swiss league for Birkir Bjarnasson either but he signed him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The club's scouts will be scouting players, unless you think Bruce goes out and spots every transfer he makes?

I doubt he was scouting the Swiss league for Birkir Bjarnasson either but he signed him.

There was something said about Bruce turning to the same guy he had at Hull—the guy who found Maguire and a few others. Maybe it's him. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Not sure hate is the right word. “Bemused contempt” sounds better.

Yeah I don't hate Sherwood.

I just think he's the most incompetent manager we've had in my lifetime of supporting Villa. And how anyone could even entertain the idea of him being back in charge genuinely baffles me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

don't really know where to put it , but I've heard a rumour that Stan Ternent is joining the club to replace Steve Round

did he work with Bruce at Sunderland and Hull ?  did they unearth any hidden gems during that time ?

27 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

don't really know where to put it , but I've heard a rumour that Stan Ternent is joining the club to replace Steve Round

did he work with Bruce at Sunderland and Hull ?  did they unearth any hidden gems during that time ?

I heard that rumour too...on Villatalk. 

There's this article that lists a few successes: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/hull-citys-head-recruitment-lee-1500679

Hull City's head of recruitment Lee Darnbrough has huge job on his hands this summer

Tigers columnist Peter Swan on why the work must begin now for City to be challenging from the word 'go' in 2018/19.

By
Peter Swan
  • 10:00, 26 APR 2018
  • UPDATED10:05, 26 APR 2018

When the final whistle goes at Griffin Park next weekend, signalling the end of the campaign, Hull City supporters’ minds will immediately switch to what the summer holds for the club. 

With a host of players set to leave the club in summer an air of uncertainty surrounds the KCOM Stadium for the third summer in a row as Nigel Adkins is faced with the task of rebuilding and putting his own mark on this Tigers outfit. 

There won’t be a huge amount of money in the pot this summer to buy players with, but Adkins will have identified the players he would like to bring in over the off-season. 

Darnbrough has been with the club for almost an entire year now and as it stands his ability to spot a talent is yet to be showcased and he has a difficult act to follow. 

A recruitment team spearheaded by Stan Ternent earned the club a fortune over the years before leaving the club shortly after the arrival of Marco Silva in January 2017, spotting and bringing the likes of Harry Maguire, Andy Robertson and Sam Clucas to the club, who have each been sold on for a tidy profit. 

Darnbrough will be hoping to do the same this summer, looking for a diamond in the lower leagues who can excel under Adkins, but players like Clucas don’t come along often. 

Adkins will have the final say on all deals but I would wager we will be able to tell a lot about the pool of players the Tigers are shopping in this summer by the first name that comes through the door. 

City need experience, but they also need talent and Darnbrough must find the right balance in order to build a squad worthy of challenging for promotion.
Edited by praisedmambo

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's just a player I can't see him committing to. Just my opinion. I thonk the Henry rumours were legit and then got too much heat and thought few weeks out.. let's give Bruce a go. First sign of trouble he's gone imo. I don't think he has the say on transfers..  our next few signings will be telling.

• Like 1

Â