Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

He wouldn't necessarily be gone - but I think we would have fairly solid reports that he was going or that his future was in doubt. 

I think wyness and round both refusing to confirm he’d be here next season when asked and Bruce’s own comments Saturday that he wants to stay but it depends on those above him suggest his future is in doubt . 

‘That he went into Saturday’s game with no assurance on his future would suggest his position is in doubt . 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Needing 40m to reinvest on a squad or to help balance the books and avoid FFP punishment? 

Is the club in that much of a mess?

I think the money is to make up for the shortfall - not be be reinvested in the squad .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I think wyness and round both refusing to confirm he’d be here next season when asked and Bruce’s own comments Saturday that he wants to stay but it depends on those above him suggest his future is in doubt . 

‘That he went into Saturday’s game with no assurance on his future would suggest his position is in doubt . 

Wasn't that (wyness and round) a few weeks back though - it could be a bit like Huttons contract. Nothing said until we know which division was are in. Perhaps there was a blanket policy of saying nothing about next season

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Wasn't that (wyness and round) a few weeks back though - it could be a bit like Huttons contract. Nothing said until we know which division was are in. Perhaps there was a blanket policy of saying nothing about next season

Yes it was a few weeks ago , although if sticking with Bruce I’d have expected them to say he was the man for the job and get behind him 

if he himself didn’t know whether they want him to stay then it’s worrying -,maybe  they are still deciding what to do or sounding out possible replacements?

3 hours ago, meregreen said:

With Bruce it was always going to be promotion or go. His style of football is turgid. Without an end product, I simply don’t want to sit through another season of such awful football.

I think this post sums up my current feelings perfectly. I've bought two season tickets and I'm loath to use them if Bruce is still there.

Not cool, I know, but Saturday really did make me question the "thick and thin" aspect of being a Villa fan. Sad times man. :(

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Yes it was a few weeks ago , although if sticking with Bruce I’d have expected them to say he was the man for the job and get behind him 

if he himself didn’t know whether they want him to stay then it’s worrying -,maybe  they are still deciding what to do or sounding out possible replacements?

Don't forget we aren't through one working day. If the silence continues past tomorrow - I would say SB is on dodgy ground. If they aren't sure he is the man for next season - then he probably isn't  

26 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think the money is to make up for the shortfall - not be be reinvested in the squad .

Well then we’re screwed no matter who is the manager. If finances are that bad then the target may become staying in the league. 

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

If he was going he'd be gone by now. Here's to another year of negative football getting us there or thereabouts

It just hasn’t been negative. People are completely engrained in thinking Bruce just sets up with 7 defensive players. It isn’t even remotely true. 

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well then we’re screwed no matter who is the manager. If finances are that bad then the target may become staying in the league. 

The loan market will be huge for us .

I still haven't really decided if I think he should go or not. Tis a really tough one. Deep down I think he probably should, but I have no faith in our board to replace him well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It just hasn’t been negative. People are completely engrained in thinking Bruce just sets up with 7 defensive players. It isn’t even remotely true. 

I don't think its the set up and formations, it's the intent of our play at times. 

It's not mcleish levels but at times, considering our resources, we have had a negative approach to games. Ultimately that's led to inconsistent runs and failure to meet the target set. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think its the set up and formations, it's the intent of our play at times. 

It's not mcleish levels but at times, considering our resources, we have had a negative approach to games. Ultimately that's led to inconsistent runs and failure to meet the target set. 

We scored 2 fewer goals from open play this season than free-flowing, all-conquering Wolverhampton Wanderers. 2. 

The style of play isn’t great at times (defence just getting rid etc), but we just haven’t been negative this season. It’s an absolute myth. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The loan market will be huge for us .

Agreed, Premiere league teams will be bending over backwards to allow their "fringe" players to go out on loan to us, we still are a massive club regardless of finances or our current league standing, will they allow them if we employ a young inexperienced coach/manager? I'm not sure, which is why I think Bruce will stay. I'm going to take a break from Villa for a week or two because Saturday still irks me, better the devil you know comes to mind but my current mood wants me to drag Bruce from the ground personally.

Edited by Hoof hearted

Just now, bobzy said:

We scored 2 fewer goals from open play this season than free-flowing, all-conquering Wolverhampton Wanderers. 2. 

The style of play isn’t great at times (defence just getting rid etc), but we just haven’t been negative this season. It’s an absolute myth. 

Well it's not a myth, the first half of our last game confirms it. It isn't as bad as some make out but we aren't positive every game. We don't aim to keep the ball and build attacks, we don't always commit men forward, we at times leave our lone striker very isolated. Like our results it has been inconsistent and that's part of the issue. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Needing 40m to reinvest on a squad or to help balance the books and avoid FFP punishment? 

Is the club in that much of a mess?

Have you been away for the last few days? If you have every media outlet is saying we have a 40m hole. It might be media bollocks but even brice has said we have to sell players so am abit concerned.

For me id rather sell adomah. I think we can get 10m for him 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Exactly, we could do with a manager who has great connections with the premier league clubs to get us some decent  loan deals. 

I'm of the opposite opinion matey, Bruce HAS connections, he just HAS NO clue how to utilise the players he gets in, sadly. I wouldn't be averse to Bruce moving upstairs because he is a "face" (pardon the pun) so to speak and bring in someone like Paul Hurst or Dean Smith as first team coach.

Edited by Hoof hearted
grammar

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Don't let the facts get in the way mate. How dare you

On 01/01/2018 at 20:19, Tomaszk said:

It's not about him going "yes, smash it."

It's him not laying out a clear plan, and allowing the team to have options in the system he sets up. Indecision and hesitation leads to hoof.

He focuses primarily on defence with his selections, and I was very unsure on his coaches when he first came in, particularly Clemence.

I hope to see a lot more of that sort of play for the rest of the season.

We didn't see enough.,

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Have you been away for the last few days? If you have every media outlet is saying we have a 40m hole. It might be media bollocks but even brice has said we have to sell players so am abit concerned.

For me id rather sell adomah. I think we can get 10m for him 

I’d be amazed if we got anywhere near £10m for adomah - probably half that is more realistic .

• Like 1

Â