Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Do you know what Eastie....I agree with that.

I have had that thought for sometime as Steve mellowed in his old age....but hey it is just me speculating and agreeing with you.

maybe its too late now to get tough......but they all inc the manager need to find something.

For all his faults warnocks players would run through a brick wall for him- our players wouldn’t bat an eyelid for Bruce - maybe he’s a soft touch 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim said:

Good way to motivate your players Steve, by throwing them under the bus.... Prick

It sometimes has to be done.

if he has been short changing them in his coaching or support behind the scenes....the players will know its bollox.....

but if he has been doing his job....they will know its them and we may see a response.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

It's no all passion with Cardiff they have a solid game plan  and plenty of strength and legs in the team ...

They are organised and fit but their ,manager demands 100% or they are out - seems players take little notice of Bruce 

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

For all his faults warnocks players would run through a brick wall for him- our players wouldn’t bat an eyelid for Bruce - maybe he’s a soft touch 

He isn't known to be and never used to be.

but hey.....its one of those things to know, i have no idea.

29 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Have to say I agree with this. The complacency with which our players approached today’s match was staggering - unbelievable. I’ve no doubt Steve Bruce will pay the price for this late season fade out - football managers know only too well the penalty for failure, it is s constant feature of their careers.

The remarkable thing is that no such rule appears to apply to players. It was the guys out on the pitch who let us down today, not the manager. But there will be no sackings for them. They will sail on in their careers unpunished.

Totally agree.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nabby said:

It's no all passion with Cardiff they have a solid game plan  and plenty of strength and legs in the team ...

We have a game plan......its that obvious, the opposition, know it, only too well....but,

its just not bringing the right results.

its not all passion with cardiff.....but they have players with strength and they are not afraid to execute it......Bamba, patterson, Zahore, peltier and sean somebody or other.

they are not afraid to mix it and when they challenge its with their whole body, not just poke their leg in as a token gesture....its with Conviction.

Edited by TRO

FFS if you want to have a go at Steve Bruce then just do it. But don’t make idiots of yourselves by praising Warnock as a better manager. He has achieved far less than Bruce and whenever he has got a club to the top flight it has been like a water schute back out again.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

FFS if you want to have a go at Steve Bruce then just do it. But don’t make idiots of yourselves by praising Warnock as a better manager. He has achieved far less than Bruce and whenever he has got a club to the top flight it has been like a water schute back out again.

I have a strong dislike to Warnock mate but we can't deny he isn't doing better than bruce is this year on a lower budget.

17 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Not a question of being a better manager , the point made was that Cardiff fight for every ball and give everything whereas our players don’t seen to have that fight or desire - it’s well known I don’t like warnock .

49 minutes ago, TRO said:

It sometimes has to be done.

if he has been short changing them in his coaching or support behind the scenes....the players will know its bollox.....

but if he has been doing his job....they will know its them and we may see a response.

24 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Far less than Bruce ? Do tell 

28 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Briny....I for one am not doing that.....I don't think Warnock is a better manager, but he is no fool, he may not appeal to many, but thats different.

His team show certain signs that i wish my team did.....that does not mean  i would swap camps....just admiring the competitive nature of them.....on Tuesday i will have a different view for 90 odd minutes.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Totally agree.

What! The buck stops 100% at his door - we had a chance to to put ourselves back in with an outside chance of automatic and Bruce's charger's put in a display like this.

TRO - I find it difficult that even your very good self would wish to protect Bruce after this.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I have a strong dislike to Warnock mate but we can't deny he isn't doing better than bruce is this year on a lower budget.

Not just this year, i think from memory warnock started the week before bruce last season with cardiff below us in the league, they finished above us last season, will almost certainly finish above us this season

Head to head its currently 2-1 to warnock 

Bruce has spent around £23m whereas warnock has spent around £12m

I dont see what measuring stick there is to use that would say bruce is doing a better job, hes an utter bell end but warnock is doing a very good job, completely agree with the point that he'll be awful in the PL and probably wont see christmas but id probably say the same about bruce if im honest 

9 hours ago, jim said:

Not a clue, I’m not paid millions to make those decisions, but are you telling me he had no other option than to chuck another 2 strikers on and hope for the best? 

If the issue is the mental attitude of the players then why not with a) drop them b ) get to the route cause of the issue and lead them as he is being paid to do?

Bruce must see what we have seen in the 3 games we have lost, if the players aren’t trying. Why? The man is totally inept when it comes to motivating and inspiring this group of players when the going gets tough and he has no idea how to change things. 

Jim, its not a game of i know more than you.....no i am not telling you he had no other option.....what i am saying is.......to just come out with he is this that or the other, is no answer either.

We don't know what he is or isn't doing, behind the scenes......but its just not working.

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

What! The buck stops 100% at his door - we had a chance to to put ourselves back in with an outside chance of automatic and Bruce's charger's put in a display like this.

TRO - I find it difficult that even your very good self would wish to protect Bruce after this.

Dave, i am not protecting him....i am asking for common sense to be considered.

Has Norwich done any better sacking Alex Neil?

sack him by all means......but don' t cry when its no better.

If it makes everybody feel better .....do it.

Edited by TRO

Players look wrecked and all down to him. We had midweek game but was a stroll in the park and over on the hour mark but he didnt think be a good time to give Terry and few others a rest.

His subs are also absolute shambles. We used moan at MON switching full backs sub but putting the strikers on is crazy

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Dave, i am not protecting him....i am asking for common sense to be considered.

Has Norwich done any better sacking Alex Neil?

sack him by all means......but don' t cry when its no better.

If it makes everybody feel better .....do it.

TRO -  i'm not sure the Alex Neil / Steve Bruce comparison is the correct one at this moment in time?

I also feel that since the Wolves game - Bruce has shown himself to be exactly what he is - a limited, average manager who when it really matters is unable to deliver.

We are right now at the business end of the campaign and Bruce has done nothing in recent matches to give me any confidence going into the play - offs that he can navigate successfully through them.

i think someone else suggested getting rid now just to give us a chance in the play - offs and whilst I am not advocating this - you can clearly see how someone can arrive at this conclusion - I don't see us making it now unless we have a sudden upturn in the next two home games.

For me if anyone needed any proof that he is not up to the task - then look no further than the run of and level of performance since the wolves game .

Â