Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, blunther said:

Like I say, just reflecting what I read in the Mail about him missing preparation for three matches. We did start to play some football in a couple of those matches which isn’t typical of Bruce’s... style

We also started playing some good football today, once he stopped the caution and took off Onomah. We can do it, he just has to believe we can without Grealish. Moving Hourihane forward was a positive, Davis helped as he is good on the ball. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dick said:

We also started playing some good football today, once he stopped the caution and took off Onomah. We can do it, he just has to believe we can without Grealish. Moving Hourihane forward was a positive, Davis helped as he is good on the ball. 

Well here’s hoping Bruce learned a lesson or two. He just seems too stubborn and stuck in his ways for me. If anything’s gonna teach you something though it’s days like today. 

Guess we’ll find out an hour before the next match. If Onomah’s on the teamsheet then Bruce can **** right off as far as I’m concerned. If he’s learned a lesson then great stuff, let’s crack on and get second. 

• Like 1

While I’m always ready to spout off when zbruce gets it wrong, it was great that he made some effective substitutions today. And hats a couple of games in a row he’s made changes without waiting till there’s only 15 minutes left. 

• Like 1

God he makes it hard to support him. Seems to pick the wrong players over and over again. 

How can he drop Bjarnason from central midfield after a 7 match winning run where he played there? 

• Like 2

Great comeback after an awful start, there was a sense that we were bottling it, this was basically a Wednesday reserve side and they have won what, 1 in 9? Some awful defending saw us 2-1 down, and we were looking disjointed going forward. However our quality shone through in the end, Bruce made the right subs to change the game.

We really do need to learn some lessons though, Onomah should not be starting a football match again, he offers absolutely nothing.

• Like 3

Well he told us beforehand it's all about the result. He was right. Didn't see the game, but from the sounds off it, he got the selection horribly wrong today. I'm not exactly surprised Onomah had another shocker. There has to be some sort of agreement regarding playing time there, not even Bruce can be that blind. Credit to him for making positive changes, once again.

1 hour ago, blunther said:

Am I right in thinking that for half our good spell Bruce wasn’t in charge day to day because of his family issues? If so maybe that’s the answer. Seems a nice bloke and I’m sorry for his current troubles but he just doesn’t seem to be doing the job well. 

Sounds like complete conjecture to me. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

Should've got into Sheff Wednesday much earlier. They were there for the taking. Their defending for the Villa goals was atrocious.

Totally. Hopefully Bruce stops being so cautious, we have the players to take the game to teams and should be doing that - even without Grealish and Adomah.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

God he makes it hard to support him. Seems to pick the wrong players over and over again. 

How can he drop Bjarnason from central midfield after a 7 match winning run where he played there? 

It really did make zero sense. A lot of the things he does leaves me scratching my head. I am not here to trash him after a win, thanks Steve and I pray you get us promoted but I feel he really has just fallen on an 11 that works. Anything different from this is going to be a struggle because he is not a  tactician by any stretch.

Infact, forget tactics, he makes basic line up choices that would leave an 11 year old scratching their heads. Not counting the immediate reaction to today's first half shambles..moving Thor to lw last game when countless times he has played there and done nothing. Onomah as a No 10 where he never has an impact. 

Then on to today, he plays 2 in the middle with the one guy in the team less mobile than Jedi.

Truly bizarre stuff.

• Like 4

Can we stop with the he got it right in the end, fair play for improving it comments. 

We got very lucky, simple as that. Until we got a couple of goals out of literally nothing there was going to be only one winner and even after the changes the Sheffield Wednesday reserves should have gone further ahead. 

We totally fluked it today, nothing more than that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But he didn’t play there for 7 matches did he? He played for like 2 and a half. 

• Like 2

In the prematch thread there are lots of different permutations of teams for today games. I wasn’t sure what the best XI was. We had selection problems, and quite a few high profile injures... 

I’m so pleased with the win, and to be honest we didn’t deserve it. But I don’t think it’s a huge surprise that we’re having to grind things out when we have some of our best players injured. And our best run of form coincided with most of our players coming back from injury (not Kodj though).

Â