Other clubs forums

villalad21

I gave it a little thought. The size of this forum is absolutely huge! Checking around a bit with other clubs around our size, Newcastle, Everton etc. I know we've won much more trophies and stuff, but measured against the size of our club they are the closest. And they aren't even close to having an equal forum, not even close! I will have to look up teams like Manchester United and Liverpool for teams that have a similar forum size. Just gives me another confirmation on how big of a club Aston Villa is, and the potential and interest for the club is still as massive as ever :)

Edited by villalad21

Very interesting. 

The reason I discovered Villatalk was because I had a friend (Everton fan) who used Blue Kipper and I thought I must have a search for an Aston Villa equivalent. 

I am more of a viewer than a poster but rest assured I have been on this forum more than my post count suggests. In fact, at one time, I was above 2,000 posts but there was evidently some sort of change. 

It was good to know that back then I was not the only Liverpool based fan. Bickster lived around my area. Have not seen him posting for a while come to think of it.

The Blues one is an embarrassment. Threads started with things like; "Oh and another thing", or "What do you reckon". Same as the Sunderland one. They don't have categories and sub categories, everything is just shoved into one rubbish forum, with threads not being merged. 

• Like 1

Man. United one (Red Cafe) is very good if you actually ignore the United forum. Because of the worldwide nature of the club you get supporters from other countries so their general football forum is a really good read on other leagues and foreign players.

Never looked at Liverpool RAWK much, not like the way site is laided out.

Blue Moon isn't too bad.

Arsenal Mania is again populated by adverts and some very cringy thread titles.

Never really looked at Chelsea or Spurs etc.

Oatcake fanzine (Stoke) can be quite a funny read but again quite poorly laid out.

This is easily one of the best forums around, and that is a credit to the mods.

I like to look in on any number of clubs forums every now and again just to gauge an opinion on something and deary me, some of them are an absolute cluster ****. 10 topics going on the same discussion, the same endless drivel posted every day as a new topic, personal abuse, utterly lazy threads going into the thousands of pages on one very broad subject.

My personal favourite is the SMB, you have never seen anything like it. It is the land that time forgot, abuse, anger, if you don't have the same opinion you're a word removed, if you don't back the club or manager then you are a mag word removed. I was hounded out long ago and banned, quite amusingly. Considering what goes on in there on a daily occurence that is quite some feat.

Overall though, SMB 10/10 much fun had.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

This is easily one of the best forums around, and that is a credit to the mods.

I think the posters make VT what it is, myself. The mods just try to keep it all ticking over, but we don't make it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think the posters make VT what it is, myself. The mods just try to keep it all ticking over, but we don't make it.

That is very modest of you, but I think we all know this place would descend into anarchy within a good couple of days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

tbf i never really get in to enough depth with other forums to really take notice, its just the near instant accessibility of this place that sets it apart from most, the Sunderland one being the main example (although the blues one is pretty much the same, i do think they've merged the >100 "i hates the vile i do" threads in to one big one now though) its just complete bandit country

The Sunderland one is like from a place that time forgot. Proper mental with very little moderating.

I tried to look for the VT equivalent for Newcastle but the ones I saw only had a few posts on there in a week. Anyone know the best forums for the clubs around us?

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

tbf i never really get in to enough depth with other forums to really take notice, its just the near instant accessibility of this place that sets it apart from most, the Sunderland one being the main example (although the blues one is pretty much the same, i do think they've merged the >100 "i hates the vile i do" threads in to one big one now though) its just complete bandit country

Much like Small Heath itself then. 

8 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I tried to look for the VT equivalent for Newcastle but the ones I saw only had a few posts on there in a week. Anyone know the best forums for the clubs around us

Arsenal arsenal mania
Chelsea cfcnet
Crystal Palace holmesdale
Everton nsno
Fulham friends of fulham
Leicester City foxestalk
Liverpool rawk
Manchester City bluemoon
Manchester United redcafe
Newcastle United toontastic
Norwich City pinkun
Queens Park Rangers we are the rangers boys
Southampton saintsweb
Stoke City oatcake
Sunderland readytogo
Swansea City thejackarmy
Tottenham Hotspur spurs community
West Bromwich Albion westbrom
West Ham United kumb

• Like 3

Everton have a decent forum. Grand old team is the one I'm on about and it has something like 28k members. I've browsed forums from time to time but I think VT has a great set up and plenty of activity to keep it ticking over. Shame about the mods though ;)

3 hours ago, rosenthal said:

Arsenal arsenal mania
Chelsea cfcnet
Crystal Palace holmesdale
Everton nsno
Fulham friends of fulham
Leicester City foxestalk
Liverpool rawk
Manchester City bluemoon
Manchester United redcafe
Newcastle United toontastic
Norwich City pinkun