Football Manager 2017

V01

I'm really enjoying being manager of Stoke!  Started a game unemployed and replaced Hughes at the beginning of January in season 1. Finished 7th using a very slightly modified version of @Midfielder's tactic.  Just started the 17/18 season after a big overhaul in the summer.  Managed to get good money for Arnautovic, Joselu, Pieters, Bojan and Wollscheid so it set me up with a bit of a war chest!

Trying to build a team with an English core and a few foreign flair players.  New signings include Carl Jenkinson, Gary Cahill, Rob Holding, Charlie Taylor, Luke Garbutt, Kortney Hause, Fede, Borja San Emeterio, Youri Tielemans, Fabian Delph, Jordan Ibe, Serge Gnabry, Abel Hernandez, John Guidetti, Andre Dozzell, Ben Stevenson, Liam Mandeville and Lewis Cook.

Apart from Tielemans, Hause and Cook the other well known players were transfer listed so I was able to pick them up for buttons compared to their real value.  Cahill at £1.5m has been a steal so far!

• Like 1

It's a giant killing!! 1-0 victory against a decent Spurs side (Trippier, Sissokho, Janssen, Onomah)

Bank balance up to 600k. Amazing scenes.

4th round tie at home against Burnley. Winnable B)

• Like 3

7ee46db5b82e8d10d43206a722bcaa35.png

2024/25 all done. Another year of progression but it really could've been better. I wasn't far off 4th at one point but I had a terrible end to the season and nearly missed out on Europe entirely. Also got to the final of the EFL Cup, however Chelsea beat me quite easily 4-0 which was disappointing. United set a new record for most points and wins, they're a joke on FM.

Got a new 20k seater stadium being built ready for 2027, hopefully by then I'm actually challenging for the league. My superstar regen really stepped it up in the league this year as well, 13 goals 15 assists is an impressive tally.
21c1e21fc089849d089ef00d7c21c11a.png
c65fd5f6b68e3c965a13c66af2192c65.png

Of course now though all the top sides want him. Rejected bids from United, Chelsea and a deal worth up to £50m from Spurs. There's not a chance I'm letting him go, just gonna have to keep rejecting offers until the summers over and then give him a new deal B)

• Like 1

So I'm just about to start my 3Rd season at villa, I finished 4th last season, so I have champions league qaulifers I currently have a decent starting eleven.

Gollini

Manquilla Jones sule amavi

Witsel mendy

Ayew geraldes Grealish

Batshuyai? (sp)

And have signed mertens on a free Emre mor and vasquez 

Done all transfer business from transfer market so far.

I have a decent youngster or an older player for every position, 

Would you recommend me having any more players for season? 

Also any known younger gems?

Cheers

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm really enjoying being manager of Stoke!  Started a game unemployed and replaced Hughes at the beginning of January in season 1. Finished 7th using a very slightly modified version of @Midfielder's tactic.  Just started the 17/18 season after a big overhaul in the summer.  Managed to get good money for Arnautovic, Joselu, Pieters, Bojan and Wollscheid so it set me up with a bit of a war chest!

Trying to build a team with an English core and a few foreign flair players.  New signings include Carl Jenkinson, Gary Cahill, Rob Holding, Charlie Taylor, Luke Garbutt, Kortney Hause, Fede, Borja San Emeterio, Youri Tielemans, Fabian Delph, Jordan Ibe, Serge Gnabry, Abel Hernandez, John Guidetti, Andre Dozzell, Ben Stevenson, Liam Mandeville and Lewis Cook.

Apart from Tielemans, Hause and Cook the other well known players were transfer listed so I was able to pick them up for buttons compared to their real value.  Cahill at £1.5m has been a steal so far!

Tielemans is an Fm legend over the last three FMs , Godspeed NV. Good luck with the tactic. 

I may use Genie Scout from time to time to give me a head start with staff appointments or player tracking but that doesn't in anyway guarantee any success. Tactics are key. "Midfielder 41221" if I may be so brave to call it is tried and tested last few years! Good luck with your own variation. 

The AI is reasonably intelligent, so the way I see it is, if you try to translate your own footballing manifesto into the game, FM is that sophisticated these days you can sort of create it. I would call it Clough 41221 but he liked a bit of the old 442 but, I have desperately tried that to little avail on FM.

i don't mean diamond 442 with an AMC and a DMC I mean literally a 442, however FM like real life seems to have back shelved the 442 , which the irony is that's the tactic I most believe in but couldn't quite pull it off on FM. So adapted and came up with that. 

That tactic made in FM16 my Millwall team to be legends. I usually do one big save and a side save. But in FM 17 started one off recently with Djurgardens of Sweden. Isakkson and Kjallstrom in twilight years but, gods descended upon Stockholm. Tactic going well so far. Good luck with Stoke NV. To be honest I've never done the unemployed option before, ever, and would kind of be turned on, what with the having to work with a squad until the window. And the watching the news to see who's insecure and thinking, yeah Team X that would be a nice job, as you got with Stoke. 

Have a butchers at my staff list. Although, I think since the updates (and since I started my epic Torino save in December last year) some of those dudes have jobs in new update. A lot were unemployed see. But most still available. I even got some to co,et to lowly Djurgarden on peanuts wage. Bonus. Must be the ladies who sealed the deal. 

I read somewhere you have kids at Nursery near Macclesfield or Stockport can't remember, sounds like you're hitting the M6 daily in your FM Range Rover! (Over finch of course).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Never thought I'd see men fight over who is the oldest.

:rolleyes:

Shut up! It's not a fight , it's recognising our elder. Too many young whippersnapper FM players , need to respect the original generation. :P

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

So I'm just about to start my 3Rd season at villa, I finished 4th last season, so I have champions league qaulifers I currently have a decent starting eleven.

Gollini

Manquilla Jones sule amavi

Witsel mendy

Ayew geraldes Grealish

Batshuyai? (sp)

And have signed mertens on a free Emre mor and vasquez 

Done all transfer business from transfer market so far.

I have a decent youngster or an older player for every position, 

Would you recommend me having any more players for season? 

Also any known younger gems?

Cheers

As you have moved on in your game, most gems I would recommend are likely to have been snapped up or moved to bigger clubs at the end of their original contracts. Sorry, I'm being no help, but in your case I would be watching out for regens and newgens. I made a post a few pages ago with the approximate dates of their being born into game so that's one thing you can do, they're for the future though. 

On 19 September 2016 at 13:27, Daniel said:

These are all my times played with each game since 2011. I would have to go to some sort of rehab to be able to quit this game.

fmsaves.png

It's this guy, on page 2! That was easy. 

Have a look at this guys saves! This sticks in my head because way back when this thread was created I though, man, this guy is a bleeding legend! 

Funny also look how excited we all were on page one and two, ah well. Anyway yeah Noel Villa aside , he gets the trophy but this @Daniel guy too just for the sheer shock and awe of the save game hours. Anyway. Awards otherwise to all in this thread, because if you play Fm, whether this is your first version or, if you have been there since day 1, then man hugs all round! That concludes the FM awards. 

Edit- man, this guys save hours are unreal! :) @Daniel bud are you still around? On behalf of the thread, how many hours have you clocked up in FM17? 

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Daniel and some of you others definitely clock a lot more hours than me. Maybe I could compete with that kind of hours on CM01/02 back in the day.

Same here , oh wise one. 

Not all about the hours in though. Still anyway, anyone on here who plays FM, fair play! Now... Back to the game, I'm gonna put it on in a bit too. 

I'm still about and still putting the hours in. I've been travelling A LOT recently, which has been a good and bad thing. Bad because i hate travelling and good because i get to play FM.

The main bulk of my time goes into my main Villa save and i use it to just beat down teams by like 5 or 6-0 because they're a team full of wonder regens. Been trying to get Tamworth into the Champions League as my second save.

fmbase.png

• Like 1

Mainly stick with one tactic. I may change the mentality, but that is about it. I've not really used wingers in this game as i feel 5 at the back (wing back) and 2 up front formations are very strong. I think i rocked the same formation at Villa for about 7 seasons till i decided to switch it up due to having so many decent midfielders.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Mainly stick with one tactic. I may change the mentality, but that is about it. I've not really used wingers in this game as i feel 5 at the back (wing back) and 2 up front formations are very strong. I think i rocked the same formation at Villa for about 7 seasons till i decided to switch it up due to having so many decent midfielders.

damned staoght Mr Daniel, screw wingers. Though I believe in the flat back 4 but dynamc (wing backs)

I haven't as yet, created a tactic with two forwards, I wish there were 12 positions! so I use the AMR and AML as what I guess are pacey in-cutting strikers.... like posted in my tactic. I fyou get the time Daniel I wouldn't mind seeing yours bud, no pressure.

But , respect to the current play time for FM17, as posted earlier, from your screen shot from back in Sept 16 of your previous FM incarnations that's mighty fine going indeed. Impressive!

10 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Just cracked and bought this last night. Will be trawling through this thread for help!

You sir, are not only in for a treat of fulfilling gaming pleasure, but you are now due some sick-time from work. I do not know what you do, or where you work, but that does not matter. Get through tomorrow, play over the weekend, and by Monday morning be ready to phone in with The Brads (Brad Pitss- The sh-ts). That, is an instant 48 hours off (D+V) no need to fake a voice, just go for the detail, or go for food poisoning (3-5 days off). Basically my friend, get ready to start making excuses becausewhen you get into it, you will realise it was the right decision.

@Xela you are next my son, you know you want to. UNTIL THEN, WELCOME HORNSO:

50227684.jpg

• Like 4

Ah, he hasn't risen to the bait I see. Can I just bring to this threads attention that Mr @Xela owns a PC or a Mac, has expressed a previous interest back many many pages in this thread, has a love of football, played the original versions back in the day, may/ may not have spare time ( but who cares if he hasn't got the time, FM TELLS YOU WHEN YOU YOUR TIME IS SPARE). This lad Hornso has done the right thing, listening to the voice within. He knows now. This isn't a cult, and sure there are more productive ways to spend time...

but to be honest, of all the bills I pay, and products we all buy..... 30 notes on FM every year is great value for money for the enjoyment you get out of it. And hours. 

If he is put off by how expansive it is, since he last played, well that's what this thread is for. And Google. 

I think this man Xela needs sorting out to be honest. Like with an intervention. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

ea86b8846ab68e2d80835dd4a6a33365.png

i'm ashamed and shocked

Now you see. You see that this man, @Daniel, he knows. 

Have you seen the film Lucy (with the ooooooh god dayammmm Scarlett Johansson mmmmh!) that's what's gonna happen with Daniel. He will morph into FM. He will be FM.

SI Games won't be producing FM.

Daniel will be producing SI Games, he will meld. Become one. It is better to stay on the side of super beings like that in my opinion. I mean, I've seen the start of Terminator 2 and hell yeah I am on Team Machine Mr Daniel, spare me. 

Edited by Midfielder

Â