Football Manager 2017

V01

Season 1 with Solihull Moors has closed. An amazing season. 5th round of the FA Cup. 1st place finish in the league, undefeated too! New record for points beating the original by 3.

23 assists from my RB! Beast. Shame my striker lost out on top scorer by 1 goal.

• Like 2

5a433a1d958a695e201000d090383b72.png

One of the most frustrating seasons I've had. Was just one big disaster really. From November to May I just kept switching from 12th to 10th, I finally got some momentum going and on the final day of the season I played Bournemouth which would decide the final European spot. I'm winning 2-0, everything is looking great but of course it all goes wrong and I concede in the 89th and 90th minute, therefore missing out. 

Luckily, I had a Europa League final against Lyon which would give me another chance for European football next season...4f1e0d268405a63a8c0085a3fb262015.png

Of course I lost that as well. So this season I lost in the EFL Cup final, Europa League final and completely missed out on European football on the final day of the league season. No doubt half my squad is going to want to leave also. I'm just not achieving anything with Lincoln right now, very frustrating. 

• Like 3

Most I've gone is 3. Terrible, I know. I just prefer playing with current players for some reason and end up restarting.

This Moors save though will be going on for many a year, I assure you.

• Like 3

Well, here we go. Season 2 is about to be underway. The now professional club, Solihull Moors, take the step into League 2 waters with an away game against Stevenage. The team is set after a flurry of outgoings and incomings (free agents and loans - Lyden and Suliman from Villa) and I signed a new contract. 1 sale to Burnley of all people for my player of the year for 400k + 30% profit of his next fee.

Bank balance is healthy, team is high on morale and the crowd is in full voice.

Here. We. Go!

EDIT: And the season starts with a 3-0 victory. *fist pump*

Edited by Dante_Lockhart
  • Like 2

@Farlz very impressed with that mate.  I've had a few games where I've been a save whore and if I feel the result is unjust I'd play it again.  I'm impressed you stayed with the result.  I had my first one of my Stoke save last night where I got beat in injury time and could've replayed it, but inspired by you I took it on the chin.

I also remember you from the FIFA forums.  Do you still play that?  I've not touched it in over a year now.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

@Farlz very impressed with that mate.  I've had a few games where I've been a save whore and if I feel the result is unjust I'd play it again.  I'm impressed you stayed with the result.  I had my first one of my Stoke save last night where I got beat in injury time and could've replayed it, but inspired by you I took it on the chin.

I also remember you from the FIFA forums.  Do you still play that?  I've not touched it in over a year now.

I don't really feel the same joy/satisfaction if I was to load the save again and replay it. It will just make it all better when I finally win something :D

Yep, still playing FIFA as well

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

With some of the fm versions, i just cannot get too involved with a save. not sure why. Just looked up my stats for previous versions. :rolleyes: oh boy 

I know what you mean. Don't know shy but I wasn't that fond of 16 but yet I'm loving 17..... There isn't much difference in the two I realise. 

I seriously don't get any luck. Having a good start to season after 10 games was in the top half. Having a couple of good wins against inter and Lazio along the way. 

Then in the space of 6 games my best 4 strikers get long term injuries. The rest are on loan and now I'm playing a 17 year old up front by himself. 

Needless to say I haven't won in 5 games, I've tumbled down the ladder, and somehow my job is now no longer secure. 

I have worked so hard over the first season and a half to start to build a good save with sampdoria. If I get sacked under theses circumstances I may never fully recover and in years to come people will sit in pubs all over the world and will discuss how I hit the bottle hard and became a shadow of my former self. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 4

Feeling pretty chuffed with myself, after my last post things were looking bleak. Next game 1-0 up against Atalanta ...... Lost 1-2. Then a nice moment, won the next game 2-1 after being down 0-1, with my 17 yr old striker scoring his first goal. 

Lost my next match to Lazio in the Italian cup 2-3, but was actually not upset my squad just isn't big or good enough to deal with extra games. 

Then the last match I played I won 3-1, with my first striker returning from injury scoring a brace in his 30 minute cameo. 

Back up to 12th and back on track, players should be returning thick and fast now. Hopefully I go on a good run, I think I've earned it but we all know that's not how management works. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

Just a quick question for any of you that have done a Villa save in FM 2017...out of the existing squad which players performed well, which were disappointing?

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

Just a quick question for any of you that have done a Villa save in FM 2017...out of the existing squad which players performed well, which were disappointing?

Lansbury for me was amazing as a box-to-box midfielder. Scored 15 in my first season with 9 assists (Had him on shoot from long range so some nice outside the box goals).

Chester was solid at the back and averaged 7.35. Most disappointing from memory was Grealish. Just couldn't find him a place where he had good games. I tried and tried to fit him in as I wanted him to be my main stay in the side over my career there, but ended up selling him in season 2 transfer window as he averaged 6.6 with 2 goals and 2 assists in the first year and a half.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Lansbury for me was amazing as a box-to-box midfielder. Scored 15 in my first season with 9 assists (Had him on shoot from long range so some nice outside the box goals).

Chester was solid at the back and averaged 7.35. Most disappointing from memory was Grealish. Just couldn't find him a place where he had good games. I tried and tried to fit him in as I wanted him to be my main stay in the side over my career there, but ended up selling him in season 2 transfer window as he averaged 6.6 with 2 goals and 2 assists in the first year and a half.

Yep, Grealish was rubbish for. So was Hogan. I really liked Thor, Hourihane and Taylor. 

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yep, Grealish was rubbish for. So was Hogan. I really liked Thor, Hourihane and Taylor. 

I haven't done an actual Villa save yet, but I took over at Villa with us about 14th in January 2019. Of the players that were there when I took over -

Amavi did well as left winger for me... Stat wise, I think I can buy better for 2020-21 season.

Jordan Ayew was still there and as a complete forward, could go a long time not scoring, but then jizz himself with three goals in a game. And one time, he scored four the greedy fiddler.

Elphick was pretty good as a captain and part of a trio of centrebacks I tend to play.

Baker was okay. I looked to replace Chester as a first team starter though.

I bought Grealish back from Burnley in the summer of 2019 for 15m. As an inside forward on the left, he is full green. His performances are inconsistent, but when he scores, he gets two.

Andre Green is developing into a 'good PL player for most teams.' I play him on the right wing.

Gollini still a good keeper for me.

--

Players I have bought or who were already at Villa when I got there -

Haris Seferovic - good strike rate, can work well with Ayew.

Lewis Baker - good on right wing or attacking winger on the right. I rotate him with Green.

Bruno Gama - young Portuguese from Estoril originally? Maybe Vittoria Guimarais (or however you spell it). Wow, what a player. He's on loan at me from Arsenal but really likes me. When I do a Villa save, I'm going to grab him. As prolific a scorer as I have seen so far in the game. I play him as a poacher and even works well on his own. Beast... Several times he's proved to be a super sub, grabbing two goals in the last fifteen minutes. If anyone is going to score a last kick winner, it's him. I'm hoping that Arsenal will sell him to me.

Salih Ozcan - bought from Bundesliga. Good, solid centre mid.

Rolando Mandragora - from Serie A, my Jedinak replacement. Very steady guy and guaranteed a start if fit.

Player called Onazi (Nigerian) - another powerful centre mid.

John McGinn - great box to box midfielder. Scored the winner for me in the 2019 FA Cup final. I love him. He even has a face you can love as a football fan. Yeah, I love him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

FINALLY

stadium.png

And you're gonna hit "request stadium expansion" on 11/07/2031 aren't you...

and on 11/07/2032

Villa Park will be on about 125,000 by then

in the meantime though a few chants breaking out at VP of "where were you, where were you, where were you when we were sh--?"

17 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Just hit another big achievement of having over a billion in the bank.

billions.png

Dayum! Most I've ever gotten was around 200m. I supposed player values are a lot more in 2029 though than 2019?

Â