Football Manager 2017

V01

I took your advice on board and started a game as Leyton Orient, but then I figured I might not have too much time to play so I figured I'd play as Villa as I have prior knowledge of the squad.

Turned the first transfer window off and commenced an overhaul of the staff.

Have just finished pre-season, wish me luck for the real stuff.

• Like 3

672a2dbb186fa68ee6dd0bd36133b72a.png

Haven't pushed on how I'd have liked so far, mostly my fault. I come into the season with a possession tactic, keep the ball at all costs and stop conceding so many goals. That didn't work so I abandoned that and moved onto a super attacking 352. It worked in moments (scored 6 in a couple games) but the rest of the time I was still conceding loads and dropping easy points. So I've ditched that, gone in a full circle and moved back to possession. Also given up on having 3 CBs.

All these tactics and I'm just about to finish December. No wonder my league form is suffering. 

The run continues! 4th round FA Cup home win against Burnley, another 1-0 park the bus masterclass.

Wolves or Macclesfield await in the 5th round, at home again too. Get that bank balance up! Massive 3000 capacity (800 seated) stadium to fill again.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Farlz said:

Wow big news everyone, my regen son come through a youth intake.

36478026cc2173f3573341143aa8eeda.pngc2e8d9526be2bbae51caed34d47dd5a4.png

Shame he's absolutely useless and will never be any good 

Regardless of if he is any good or not, absolute fair play Farlz. I'd definitely give him a contract anyway just farm him out and let him forge a career even if in the depths of the Conference. Don't let the game delete him when the trialist period is over ! 

Edit- concentration 1/20? Damn, Farlz, that kid is a disgrace, 1/20 is Goldfish territory. That kid is gonna have a hard time remembering what side he is on, might score some screamer own goals though. 

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Regardless of if he is any good or not, absolute fair play Farlz. I'd definitely give him a contract anyway just farm him out and let him forge a career even if in the depths of the Conference. Don't let the game delete him when the trialist period is over ! 

The new Alex Bruce:D

• Like 3

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

The new Alex Bruce:D

Yeah I thought that. If I get a regen I'll for sure, be giving some nepetistic opportunities and try boosting him via loans, not to earn a place at my team but just for the monitoring factor to see how he's doing throughout his career. Although as said above, concentration 1/20, the electronic offspring of Mr Farlz, has many challenges ahead. And if Me Farlz doesn't grant him pro terms when he is 17, that kid won't even pass an interview at Burger King. 

Pro contract @Farlz it's the only hope that kid has in life to earn! 

Although concentration 1/20, probably get a job at Kwik Fit. 

• Like 1

Yeah I gave him a contract straight away, even if he is useless I can't let him go :D

I'll be sending young Mario out on loan in every single season of his career, I hope he enjoys it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Yeah I gave him a contract straight away, even if he is useless I can't let him go :D

I'll be sending young Mario out on loan in every single season of his career, I hope he enjoys it. 

I'd do all I can to boost him via selective loans and about 21 maybe sell him on. Without knowing his PA, I'd guess with those stats he's maybe a PA 100 so he CAN forge a pro career, top of conference or League Two (one if lucky), but even so that doesn't matter, top drawer stuff regardless. Farlz Junior lives on. As you play through that save game, sad as this is, wouldn't mind you posting screen shot of how that newgen does. 

I haven't fired any Midfielder Juniors out in FM17, curious see. Play on Farlz. 

Edit , in fact, i would probably offer him out mid contract, as said about 21 (keep his wages low in the meantime) but offer him out for £0 so a range of clubs come in and pick the most prospective of them. 

Hopefully, in listing him, he doesn't go off your favoured personnel list! Imagine that! 

Freeing him; at the end of any contract runs the risk of the game database retiring him even if he's young, if he hasn't found a club in about 18 months 2 years. So to keep him alive I'd sell him mid contract. Do it your way though pal don't listen to me

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

So just finished my first season with Sampdoria. After a slow start I finished 13th which was in line with expectations, only lost 1 of my last 8 games (to juventus away). Was pretty excited for the new season, lots of good young potential and a tactic that is working. My excitement didn't last long.....

Transfer budget - 325k

Wage budget - 40k less than what I am already spending.

Wtf

Oh and I promised the team a top half finish.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

So how did I solve my financial dilemma.... I sold or loaned out a LOT of players. Normally you can disrupt morale by shifting too many but I kept training on team cohesion and played friendlies against easy teams. Not sure of it made a difference but I got the desired result. 

PSG activated Lucas Torriera's release clause, though sad to see him go I got 23.5 mill for a player valued at 11 mill. In my situation, thank you very much. 

Used the money to give me more wage budget, re signed a lot of important players on better contracts including Luis Muriel who wanted to go to AC Milan but I managed to get him too sign. With no release clauses! Still have 13+ mill after the club took their 25%, which I didn't mind because all round we are far more stable. My club finances rating went from 35% to 63% in one day. 

Just played my first league game against Inter. After going a goal down I thrashed them 5-2. 

Look out the next progressive manager may have just got his mojo :ph34r:

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So how did I solve my financial dilemma.... I sold or loaned out a LOT of players. Normally you can disrupt morale by shifting too many but I kept training on team cohesion and played friendlies against easy teams. Not sure of it made a difference but I got the desired result. 

PSG activated Lucas Torriera's release clause, though sad to see him go I got 23.5 mill for a player valued at 11 mill. In my situation, thank you very much. 

Used the money to give me more wage budget, re signed a lot of important players on better contracts including Luis Muriel who wanted to go to AC Milan but I managed to get him too sign. With no release clauses! Still have 13+ mill after the club took their 25%, which I didn't mind because all round we are far more stable. My club finances rating went from 35% to 63% in one day. 

Just played my first league game against Inter. After going a goal down I thrashed them 5-2. 

Look out the next progressive manager may have just got his mojo :ph34r:

I love this kind of Champo discussion. It sounds like you're on to a winner, keep us updated!

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I love this kind of Champo discussion. It sounds like you're on to a winner, keep us updated!

Just lost my 2nd game 4-2 away to Roma. #1 keeper got injured kicking the ball - out for 2 months. 

Nice 1 FM .....#'&%:;!%$%&;;%$###'s

Edited by Villan_of_oz

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just lost my 2nd game 4-2 away to Roma. #1 keeper got injured kicking the ball - out for 2 months. 

Nice 1 FM .....#'&%:;!%$%&;;%$###'s

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! Bad times. 

I'm still playing FM2015. Have an unbelievable game where im in 2036 with Dortmund and just cant quit it yet! 

Do you think FM2017 is worthy me ending my reign in Germany and starting a new game?

20 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I'm still playing FM2015. Have an unbelievable game where im in 2036 with Dortmund and just cant quit it yet! 

Do you think FM2017 is worthy me ending my reign in Germany and starting a new game?

I really enjoy FM17, before 16 the past edition I played was 2010, so I cant give you much advice on what your missing out on. Its very smooth and the game flows well, at least I think it does. 

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Keep it going and wait for FM18?

Rb leipzeg just came in with 20million pound offer for Jordan ayew split across lots of clauses,

I replied 25Mil straight cash they said yes.

Bought belotti for 22.5 Mil (release clause) and he scored 4 goals on his debut against arsenal in a 4-0 win. 

My first win against arsenal and more goals than ayew had scored in the premier league that season.

• Like 4

Â