Football Manager 2017

V01

Played with Dortmund and broke the Bayern dominance in Germany by winning the league in the 3rd season. Was so fun. Have to thank Bayern and Man City for buying Pulisic and Weigl for so much money that they did. 

Now playing with Inter Milan. Soon ready for another try with Villa.

Has anyone managed to build a new stadium in the game yet? Discounting Spurs obviously as they get one anyway.

I've always wanted to do it and pick clubs I think well suited to getting one and take them to new heights and financial security but never ever manage to get a new ground.

I have signed Rakjovic.

Romero - his club wouldn't sell for less than 23 most million

Hendrix - just wasn't interested 

Tried to sign Townsend, got him for 2.3 mill absolute bargain until he wants 91k per week

I tried to buy Ings in the second season as transfer listed, but wants upwards of 100k a week. Told him to do one. He's now rotting away in Liverpools under 23s and he's not scored in 10 games. Shortly after he broke his leg.

karma innit

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Has anyone managed to build a new stadium in the game yet? Discounting Spurs obviously as they get one anyway.

I've always wanted to do it and pick clubs I think well suited to getting one and take them to new heights and financial security but never ever manage to get a new ground.

Anyone?

Had on in my Liverpool save, was about 12-13 year in, I'd won 3 CL's 7 PL's and a handful of FA/League cups. the words removed still named it after Dalglish.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2017 at 09:07, TrentVilla said:

I had it with Nuneaton Town on FM16. After winning the league 2 title and the cash injection that provided, considering we already had to create an all-seater stadium. Chairman agreed to build a new stadium to be ready in a year as part of contract talks. Then 4 days before the start of the season he cancels the plans completely and pulls the plug on a free transfer. 

Went and did a MON on him. Nuneaton finished 24th in league one that year whilst i took Wigan to the championship. Emile Heskey left my coaching team to then manage Nuneaton in league 2 and was doing well with them the last time i looked. 

• Like 2

Loved my Paris FC save on FM16, had huge success. Think what I enjoyed most was taking over a club with barely any trophies won so everything the club achieved was all thanks to me. Wanted to do something like that again this year and I realised I've never done a non league save so I started one with Lincoln City a couple months ago. Got promoted to the Premier League tonight.

2016/17 Vanarama National - 1st
2017/18 League 2 - 7th (Promoted via playoffs, loan striker Hepburn-Murphy bagged 4 in the playoff final B))
2018/19 League 1 - 2nd
2019/20 Championship - 18th
2020/21 Championship - 6th (Lost to Hull in the playoff semis)
2021/22 Championship - 3rd (Beat Hull in the playoff final)

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I've never had the patience to do a lower league save. I tried one a while back with Kidderminster, but just got frustrated.

Might try again and take it slow.

It can be a real slog but I find it much more rewarding. Every year I usually do a Villa save until I get bored and then try one with Kiddy, Tamworth or Shrewsbury.

• Like 1

So my 2nd season and 1st in the Premier League is taking shape. 

I've only made 3 signings so far, Rakjovic (gk), McGuire (cb), Garbett (DL) 

I've shipped a lot out on loan, can't get rid of McCormack or Richards which is irritating. 

Am very disappointed with the transfer budget Xia gave me. Only 27 million. I only have 8.5 left, I'm worried I havnt improved my attacking at all. I'm thinking about buying khazri but also think I might need another striker.

Really am annoyed at the shoestring budget I was looking forward to buying a bit more quality. 

17 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So my 2nd season and 1st in the Premier League is taking shape. 

I've only made 3 signings so far, Rakjovic (gk), McGuire (cb), Garbett (DL) 

I've shipped a lot out on loan, can't get rid of McCormack or Richards which is irritating. 

Am very disappointed with the transfer budget Xia gave me. Only 27 million. I only have 8.5 left, I'm worried I havnt improved my attacking at all. I'm thinking about buying khazri but also think I might need another striker.

Really am annoyed at the shoestring budget I was looking forward to buying a bit more quality. 

Have you still got Gabby? He's rotting in my reserves and I can't shift him, but the most annoying thing is I think he had a promotion wage rise! He's on nearly £70k a week now :angry:

14 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Have you still got Gabby? He's rotting in my reserves and I can't shift him, but the most annoying thing is I think he had a promotion wage rise! He's on nearly £70k a week now :angry:

Yep Gabby is still here:angry:, I have decided to try and sign Sam Vokes, this year just gonna try and survive because I think if I can stay up this seeaon I can finish getting this club sorted.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Just started off a new game, unemployed, no idea where i'm going to end up yet. 

Is that a good way to do it? Tempted to start a new save unemployed too. I don't want to spend 2 years trying to get a job with Ilkeston Town though 

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Is that a good way to do it? Tempted to start a new save unemployed too. I don't want to spend 2 years trying to get a job with Ilkeston Town though 

You can generally get a job in the 2nd division.

I joined a team called "JOI" in division 2 of Brazil. They were in the relegation zone and tasked me with keeping them up. I did. 

Into my second season now to try get them promoted. :) 

Edited by PieFacE

Â