Pre Match Thread

Demitri_C

Derby drew 0-0 with a good Brighton side at home in their opening fixture, they then lost away to a decent Barnsley side 2-0 and in their last game they beat a poor Preston North End side 1-0 away.  So against the two decent sides they did not score and they only managed one ‘late’ goal against Preston (second from bottom).  Looking at their results they don’t seem to have the same firepower as a Shef Wed or Huddersfield. Given how well we've defended so far  – two silly errors but generally solid against Shef Wed, Rotherham and first half against Huddersfield – I think we may be able to deal with them defensively.  Pearson will have them well organized and they don’t concede too many, but if Barnsley can score two against them I think we have enough to threaten their goal – we could have scored eight in the last two if we took our chances!  It will be interesting to see how they set-up and approach this.  I hope they have a go at us and play open because I ‘think’ our defense will cope and a open game will suit us from an attacking perspective.  One goal could be enough to secure 3pts. 

Edited by Gary Thomas

I predict a draw or even a narrow defeat followed by an outcry from people claiming that had we gotten Pearson as manager in the summer we would have won the Champions League by now.

• Like 2

-----------------------Gollini -----------------------

Bacuna-----Elphick-------Chester-------Amavi

---------------Jedinak------Tshibola--------------

Ayew-------------McCormack----------Grealish

---------------------Gestede-----------------------

Bunn, Baker, Lyden, Cissokho, Green, Westwood (prefer Veretout), Kozak

That's how I'd like to shape up if everyone is available.

Edited by Dante_Lockhart

Just realised that noone in the league has won their first three games, so no perfect 9 points. We were damn close to winning all three (even Shef Weds was pretty good) so now with Jedinak and some of the others, I think we're going to be ok. 

I think Darren Bent will score through, so I'm going 1-2 Villa win! 

Edited by alreadyexists

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'm not going to get into a long string of bickering so this is my last say but your original post where you said "that we are a good side. We really aren't." is what prompted me to respond.  I think you are focusing too much on a couple of errors to conclude we are not a good side.  Only because of very small margins we failed to take a point at Sheffield and all 3 against Huddersfield which would currently put us joint top. 

Many of the players are new together and will play better with familiarity.  I think we are actually now a very good team. 

OK fair enough. I really do not think we are "a very good team". Not yet anyway.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I bet they would be quick to fine us if paper work was wrong though 

RDM said in Press Conference that Jedi might make his debut.... Newspapers are having a 'Mare today!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hairdo said:

RDM said in Press Conference that Jedi might make his debut.... Newspapers are having a 'Mare today!

Pfft I stopped reading newspapers/news articles ages ago! Roughly at the same time Dr Tony started tweeting :D

On 17/08/2016 at 08:34, Demitri_C said:

Well another game on TV so omens not looking good, can't even remember last time when we was on live TV, think was blose. Derby will be tough havent won at home yet so you know what that means ...

:trollface:

The Rotherham game was on Sky, wasn't it? - I watched it on a stream, which I don't think would have been possible, unless it was televised.

4 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

The Rotherham game was on Sky, wasn't it? - I watched it on a stream, which I don't think would have been possible, unless it was televised.

canwormsopen.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

Thinking back, it was possibly Sheffield Wed :mellow:

• Like 2