Technical Director

hippo

The dream IMO would be Dan Ashworth.

Ashworth's view of his role, whether it be at West Brom or with England, is that the technical director/director of football/sporting director provides the glue to an organisation and is the custodian of a philosophy that incoming managers then inherit.

In the case of the England set-up, he will discuss in detail with the chosen candidate how that philosophy works, making it clear that the manager is responsible for performances and results while he, as the technical director, offers support and keeps the rest of the structure aligned.

From Here

He was appointed Start of Sep 2012, will have just overseen the transition to Fat Sam and might not have the hunger for another 2 years of nothing within the England setup. 

Another one to throw in :P

Sir Trevor Brooking has announced his decision to retire from his role as the Football Association's Director of Football Development.

The 65-year-old will step down from the post after the World Cup, and will officially end his tenure on August 31.

From the Mirror link here

52 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

The dream IMO would be Dan Ashworth.

From Here

He was appointed Start of Sep 2012, will have just overseen the transition to Fat Sam and might not have the hunger for another 2 years of nothing within the England setup. 

On the face of it, that looks like managerialism at its worst.

Interesting that at the time of rejecting us, one of the vague reasons Round gave for not joining up was that he wanted to go into management eventually. I can't see it being him 

Maybe Nick Hammond.......

Edited by skarroki

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Paul Mitchell then surely?

Seems feasible now.

When his resignation story broke (Aug 11) - Spurs said he was with them for the next 3 weeks. They probably don't want him at another club until the window shuts....

Daily Star

'Villa wanted him to take in a similar role there. But Ashworth who has had other offers to return to club football, opted to continue in his current job with the national teams.

The Villans have since appointed Steve Round as director of football. He was previously David Moyes’ assistant at Everton and Man United;

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I looked at Round's 'Linkedin' page it didn't mention that he was a 'Sporting/technical Director'.

Linkedin

' Sporting / technical Director and UEFA PRO Licensed Professional Football Coach '

I imagine that this might be confirmed tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Last time I looked at Round's 'Linkedin' page it didn't mention that he was a 'Sporting/technical Director'.

Linkedin

' Sporting / technical Director and UEFA PRO Licensed Professional Football Coach '

I imagine that this might be confirmed tomorrow.

Elementary my dear Useless :detect:

• Like 1