Nintendo Switch

Chindie

9 hours ago, Dick said:

We're coming up to the first anniversary of the launch, here are my ratings for the games I have played:

BOTW - 9.5/10 - my first Zelda experience and one which has taken my breath away and given me a lot of enjoyment

Mario Odyssey - 9/10 - Classic Mario moments, wrapped up with a new experience and additions, great fun. Slightly let down by controls.

Mario Kart 8 - 7/10 - I love Mario Kart but feel a little bored with this. Probably needs more time, but I have had it for 6 months and haven't touched it for 2.

Lego Undercover - 8/10 - Great fun, some wonderful moments. A really enjoyable game, not the hardest I have played but I like switching off and loading up.

Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 - 7.5/10 - Only 2 levels in but this is possibly the best Marvel game yet. Rating likely to rise.

Rocket League - 7/10, Minecraft - 7/10, Stardew Valley 6/10.

My reviews for games I have

Mario Odyssey 9.5/10 superb game love the fact it goes old school and has elements of mario 64 also. superb game

Bomberman 8/10 I have played the multiplayer and hesus is it crazy, just starting story mode good so far

Arms 7/10 fun game although have not really played it

Fifa 18 4/10 dont really liek it on the switch its so imposisble to score on it due to the keepers being so good. but overall dont rate it

Switch game 7/10 quite a fun game where you play one vs one some are fun some are crap like the pie eating game (dreadful)

Mario Rabbitts (returned) 2/10 dreadful and boring had to take it back

Mario Kart 7.5/10 The disappointing thing is its the same as the wii u versio just with all the DLC content. Should ahve added more newer tracks and maybe some new charchters like bomberman, pacman etc 

Streetfighter Alpha 9/10 Just brought this and its fantatsic. Love the graphics and game play

Dragonball Xenoverse  2 (not played yet)

Overall I give the switch a 9/10 far better than wii u. I am hoping they bring mario maker onto this as well as some new titles only complaint is the adds on like the controllers are ridiculously over priced 

Edited by Demitri_C

Mario Maker would be ace! Didn’t get the chance to play that before.

forgot 1-2 Switch. 6/10 from me, just because my niece loves it and it’s good to see her have fun.

Shame about Fifa! I was going to buy it, ended up editing Fifa 14 on the Vita!

Overall, I love my Switch :) 

6 hours ago, Dick said:

Mario Maker would be ace! Didn’t get the chance to play that before.

forgot 1-2 Switch. 6/10 from me, just because my niece loves it and it’s good to see her have fun.

Shame about Fifa! I was going to buy it, ended up editing Fifa 14 on the Vita!

Overall, I love my Switch :) 

yep i love mine too

10 minutes ago, Risso said:

To all the scores above, if you've got a switch and haven't played Zelda, you're really missing out.

I need to get this Martm my friend has offered to loan it to me once he finishes it.  

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

yep i love mine too

I need to get this Martm my friend has offered to loan it to me once he finishes it.  

Cool, you'll get it in about 18 months then ;) 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Add another 12 months to that as I'm guessing you have to be a good gamer to finish it at that time, and my mates pretty terrible at games !

I put around 250 hours into Zelda. It's not a game you can finish in a few days :D

Dragon Quest Builders has just been released on Switch, and it is apparently a very good port, and a perfect match for the system. In short, it's Minecraft with a story. In more detail, it's a sandbox building game with 3D Zelda-esque mob fighting, a story which gives you just enough focus whilst leaving you free to do what you want to at the same time, and it features stuff from the DQ series, but you don't need to be familiar with any of it. There's a demo. Try it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hogso said:

Dragon Quest Builders has just been released on Switch, and it is apparently a very good port, and a perfect match for the system. In short, it's Minecraft with a story. In more detail, it's a sandbox building game with 3D Zelda-esque mob fighting, a story which gives you just enough focus whilst leaving you free to do what you want to at the same time, and it features stuff from the DQ series, but you don't need to be familiar with any of it. There's a demo. Try it!

Next Switch purchase for me no doubt.

7 minutes ago, hogso said:

What is this?

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What is this?

Well...

46 minutes ago, hogso said:

What he already said :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Yep I’ll be getting DQB too. Pillars of Eternity 2 announced for Switch also. Can’t wait for that.

Orly? That is great news. First one is an absolute belter.

58 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Orly? That is great news. First one is an absolute belter.

Hadn't heard of it till now, it looks like the sort of game I used to play when younger! Might have to get the second one.

According to the video below, I won't need to play the first one, so might jump straight in:

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 12:43, Demitri_C said:

My reviews for games I have

Mario Odyssey 9.5/10 superb game love the fact it goes old school and has elements of mario 64 also. superb game

Bomberman 8/10 I have played the multiplayer and hesus is it crazy, just starting story mode good so far

Arms 7/10 fun game although have not really played it

Fifa 18 4/10 dont really liek it on the switch its so imposisble to score on it due to the keepers being so good. but overall dont rate it

Switch game 7/10 quite a fun game where you play one vs one some are fun some are crap like the pie eating game (dreadful)

Mario Rabbitts (returned) 2/10 dreadful and boring had to take it back

Mario Kart 7.5/10 The disappointing thing is its the same as the wii u versio just with all the DLC content. Should ahve added more newer tracks and maybe some new charchters like bomberman, pacman etc 

Streetfighter Alpha 9/10 Just brought this and its fantatsic. Love the graphics and game play

Dragonball Xenoverse  2 (not played yet)

Overall I give the switch a 9/10 far better than wii u. I am hoping they bring mario maker onto this as well as some new titles only complaint is the adds on like the controllers are ridiculously over priced 

It's different though. Fixed a lot of issues with the gameplay that the Wii U version had. I don't know if you noticed, but you can now hold 2 items at a time which was a Mario Kart staple that wasn't found in MK8. Also the battle mode in MK8 was absolutely useless, but in the Switch version they apparently brought back the insanely fun bomb battle from Double Dash...so it's basically a whole new mode they added. There are new, actually dedicated battle tracks as opposed to the giant racing tracks from the Wii U where it takes you 5 minutes to find an opposing player.

Edited by Keyblade

13 hours ago, Dick said:

Hadn't heard of it till now, it looks like the sort of game I used to play when younger! Might have to get the second one.

According to the video below, I won't need to play the first one, so might jump straight in:

Yep, it's a very old school RPG with a really detailed and well crafted world.

The original had quite a steep learning curve but was a very rewarding experience.

I think the sequel will be another hit.

• 2 weeks later...

So @Ingram85 just recommended I get a Switch and, being honest, I know absolutely nothing about them.

I've just had a cursory look and it MIGHT help me to get back into gaming.  I can sit on the sofa and play something, or I can plug it into the TV too - right?

What's everyone's experience?  I've got an Xbox but as it's in the living room I never get chance to use it.  I miss gaming, but can never get the logistics to work.

ALSO - are the graphics any good?  I'm kind of obsessed with amazing visuals.

21 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

So @Ingram85 just recommended I get a Switch and, being honest, I know absolutely nothing about them.

I've just had a cursory look and it MIGHT help me to get back into gaming.  I can sit on the sofa and play something, or I can plug it into the TV too - right?

What's everyone's experience?  I've got an Xbox but as it's in the living room I never get chance to use it.  I miss gaming, but can never get the logistics to work.

ALSO - are the graphics any good?  I'm kind of obsessed with amazing visuals.

Yep, the dock plugs into your TV (and power). But you can slot the controller into the sides of the switch and lift it out and play it as a handheld. 

It's about the size of an iPad mini I'd say (I was actually amazed at how small it is)

The visuals are very good. They're not upto the XBONE or PS4 levels but from what I've seen they're plenty good enough.

• Thanks 1

Â