Pokémon GO

hogso

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

Eevee evolution tip (seems to work though not 100% confirmed):

If you name your Eevee Sparky, Rainer or Pyro, you can control which path it evolves into. Sparky - Jolteon, Rainer - Vaporeon, Pyro - Flareon. 

Based off the characters from the cartoon. 

Which ones the best? I have a eevee and i can almost evolve it

Latest theorycrafting suggests Vaporeon (and just spam Water Gun when attacking Gyms, as it out damages any of its special attacks apparently).

Up to 74 types ccaught now, after a bit of a evolution / lucky egg action (though I levelled straight through level 16 without getting my bonus items, bah).

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I just picked up a onyx :) first time appeared on my radar and got it. I definitely think my theory about being a higher level you get certain special pokemon coming up,

I'd forgotten about Onyx. There's quite a few of the original 150 that I forgot would be in this game, like Mr Mime, only second to Jynx for the weirdest of the original IMO.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHD3Ak0gUMeskchyrMb0l

i'm back on this game after taking a day off in frustration at the bugs,    Seems more stable today, eggs have hatched, hardly frozen at all.

I also saw a grey unoccupied gym near me at lunchtime. As i walked to it, i saw a couple of guys on the street playing and took over the gym.   then 4 teenagers came up to the gym, stood near the blokes and took it over from them. a battle then started with the gym changing colours with some good banter on the street in real life. Really made the game feel real!  

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I just picked up a onyx :) first time appeared on my radar and got it. I definitely think my theory about being a higher level you get certain special pokemon coming up,

28 minutes ago, hogso said:

Dem have you told anyone else about your theory? I think it needs to be publicised a bit more so more people know about it, you should spread the word.

:crylaugh:

52 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I'd forgotten about Onyx. There's quite a few of the original 150 that I forgot would be in this game, like Mr Mime, only second to Jynx for the weirdest of the original IMO.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHD3Ak0gUMeskchyrMb0l

Apparently Mr. Mime is unique to Europe, along with Taurus being unique to America. Plus that big butch Kangaroo thing whose name I can't remember is unique to Australia.

I do hope they add in the other region's pokemon, there's some right weird ones. There's one from one of the recent games that is literally a bunch of keys on a key ring. It's got a car key, a house key, **** shed key or something. Plus there's a vanilla ice cream cone. Which can evolve. Twice. It's final form is a BIG vanilla ice cream cone with TWO SERVINGS OF ICE CREAM. Perhaps they're running out of ideas.

And then as well the additional regional pokemon from the official pokedex, how about some references to the games? They've already referenced the anime with the Eevee evolution thing, how about putting in MissingNo.? Or how about trying to collect all the letters to complete the Unown alphabet?

• Like 1

Just had a good run again as passenger on the way to look at a job B)

Found a Machop, a load of Clefaries, some good evolution fodder (pidgey, weedle etc...), a CP500+ Jynx, a Squirtle and some more to help towards evolutions (Shelder, Slowpoke, Venonat etc...) Had an Electabuzz appear on my radar but didn't show.

Level 13 now. Definitely seeing better Pokemon appearing now. Dem's theory is right. He really should have said something before.

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I caught those exact same 3 earlier, the Jynx was 500+ too. Five ways, brum? :detect:

Ha, nah not Brum today. Netherton > Himley > Penn > Wolverhampton and back again.

• Like 1

This game has just been officially launched in Japan. Apparently every Mickey Ds in Japan will have a pokestop or whatever. Bastards are going to clean up!

Â