Legoland, Windsor.

V01

The nipper wants to go. Has anyone been?

What's it like to get to? better off in car or on the train? 

And most importantly can I send the missus and the nipper to look around and piss about in a lego pit or something?

Went there quite a few times when the kids were smaller, so my info is 5, 6 years out of date.

Mine loved it, lots of rides, but nothing too crazy so the smaller kids and young teens are fine. Might be worth checking out some of the overnight stay hotel deals, we did that a couple of times because if you get lucky timing with the deal it doesn't cost much more than just the family entry, but you get a longer day because you're not travelling from wherever.

DON'T let the kids think they can have a go in the Lego pick n mix shop. Not unless you can clone credit cards.

• Like 1

Have been twice - loved it both times.

Its great for kids and the rides are decent without being white knuckle rides.

The displays dotted around are awesome too.

We stopped in a small barn conversion nr Dorney, which is 20 mins drive away but there's loads of accommodation nearby.

Went in May, very busy kids only got on 3 rides all day. Very over priced for what it is but the kids enjoyed it.

only came across one place where kids could actually play with Lego but it was a small area and very busy.

if the kids are nagging you to go then do it but if not you would probably enjoy Alton towers better.

we went by car, was easy enough, m40 all the way

I went twice last year, once with the daughter who is Lego mad and once again with the whole family because my son wanted to go too and the bit which my daughter was most interested in (Lego Friends) wasn't open during our first visit.  If you can go on a day when most other kids are at school then I'd highly recommend you do that, it's incredibly busy during the holidays, when I went with my daughter it was on a teacher training day at her school and we had the run of the place. It was brilliant.  You can wander round the park by yourself while your missus takes the nipper on the slow rides if you want. 

How to get there? I'm not sure where you live but Windsor is only connected to London by rail so it's not ideal if you are coming down from the midlands.  It's very easy to get to by road though. 

Also look for 2 for 1 vouchers to get in.  They are on Kellogg's cereal boxes usually, you'll save a tidy sum on admission if you can get one.  Food inside is very expensive, take sandwiches in if you are price conscious. 

To help with the queues - when you enter, go straight to the rear of the park and do the rides around there first.

Then slowly make your way to the front later in the day.

Most people will do the opposite and do the rides near the entrance first, so they are packed when the park first opens.

• Like 1

I remember there being a bit where you have to design and build the tallest tower and put it on a shake plate, to see if you could beat that days (or weeks) best height.

I absolutely nailed it, beat the best score by XXX amount. 

This wasn't because I had a builder as a dad telling me what to do or anything. :ph34r:

I took my niece and nephew years ago and it was great. Was going to take my God-daughter this summer with her brother but having read trip advisor reviews, it does appear to have gone downhill a lot recently.

Â