E3 2016

Chindie

There was a snippet of footage for Visceral's game, but that's about all you could expect really, it's miles from release.

Edited by Chindie

EA never have a great conference and that was no different. It could have been worse but the crushing lack of gameplay is poor. And the lack of anything solid for Mass Effect less than a year from release...? That's a surprise. I bet that game slips.

Battlefield promo thing is currently absolutely painful. It's a parade of celebs that have been pushed through the door for some reason and padding out them getting ready to play the actual game.

The 'ITK' at Gaf reckon the Xbox One S does have a UHD Blu-ray. If that is the case, and they can maintain price, Microsoft have produced one of the best value systems around for audio visual equipment.

The Bethesda conference doesn't arm to have set the world on fire. Wolfenstein wasn't confirmed, Skyrim remaster is happening, Dishonored 2 looked decent, they're making a Quake Team Fortress esque game, and Prey 2 is coming but is going in a completely different direction to the teaser years back and seems to be more like System Shock. Which is a shame.

Microsoft this afternoon where literally the entire conference has leaked so no surprises really (unless you include them nodding to Scorpio as a surprise). But apparently what they actually have to show is impressive with Forza for example apparently looking breathtaking.

23 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Bethesda at it again. Sky rim HD £50 lol. No way I'm paying that. Plus a special edition. For a remaster. Because why not. 

Or £0.00 for anyone who has it on Steam with all the DLC aka. the Legendary edition. Certainly not a game I would purchase for PS4, but I dare say it's sales won't be too shabby.

For anyone who hasn't played it though, £50 is actually pretty good value.

Edited by hogso

Dishonoured 2 looks good. More of the same but still an interesting world and art style.

The Prey reboot looks... OK. The trailer was the usual flash CGI crap but the concept seemed alright. The idea for Prey 2 seemed so much better though.

All in all a pretty average day by E3 standards.

EA was terrible I just don't know what they were thinking really. The whole dual show format is only fun for those that got a ticket to the London show, even then it was a pretty typecast affair. EA were like British people like sports right? Lets talk about an NFL tournament happening in LA and FIFA 17 that'll please em' Pleeeease EA we are a nation that loves sport yes but treat us like you can show us more than that next time yeah? 

'Fe' looked like a cool game. I am still sceptical about the whole EA Originals scheme mainly because it's EA. I mean "all profits" go to the developer? So what's in it for EA? Is this charity is EA actually being selfless? I have my doubts, I get a feeling that something will come out that indie devs as part of the deal had to sign over IP rights, so while they get the profits if they walk away they lose what put them on the map. Aside from that little cynical rant they ended the show positively with what will likely be many gamers FPS of the year Battlefield 1. That game is just stunning there isn't much else really to say about it other than that.

As for Bethesda they did well considering the whole show could have fallen flat when it was obvious Wolfenstein 2 was not appearing.

All in all I came away impressed. Quake Champions by iD Software should be great fun, very ballsy to have it as a PC exclusive even though arena shooters like that tend to only work well on PC anyway. Looking forward to Quakecon to see more on that. Prey looked cool and it's a unique take on the series feels very psychological horror with a seemingly BioShock type twist at the end with the main character talking to himself in the mirror, I cannot wait to see more.

Aside from that the show was pretty standard. Skyrim: Special Edition looks cool as it's basically a heavily modded version of Skyrim on PC being used as the base version. I am looking forward to that as modding Bethesda game typically causes stability to tank, that or I just have bad luck with the mods I choose. Dishonored 2 looked pretty rad but I'm not a huge Dishonored fan to be honest. I have always been left scratching my head at all the praise it got, but maybe I just missed something or maybe I played it in a way that made it less fun. So may need to revisit that one.

Bring on Microsoft, UbiSoft and Sony!! :D

Â