Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

I think there's been a fixation a bit too much with capacity of VP, the hope we would improve capacity so that can yield more season tickets available for those on waiting list. When what the club want to do is look to compete with the other big clubs in terms of revenue while delivering improved facilities and fan experience at games. The key to this is creating a path for fans to go to one or two games a year with friends as an event. Go to Villa Park 2 hours before kick off and stay 2 hours after. Spend plenty of money on food and drinks and expensive seats. Doing this while best catering to the season ticket holders in terms of ticket prices and facilities too. Improving the experience for all. Transport links too. 

So there would be improvements in terms of adding more seats and then maybe in time corners could be filled in or work done to increase that more, in smaller increments of a few thousand to get us to 50,000 while not demolishing a stand and cutting capacity and revenue while it's rebuilt. I think a focus on regenerating the area is a big one too so making it a place people can and do visit when there is no football on. 

All very positive things. We have excellent owners and Heck is doing a fantastic job. Let's see what he does with the additional sponsors and partners next season. Close the gap, double digit revenue growth. 

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So you’re telling me that after the club categorically denied we were moving from Villa Park, they’re actually not moving from Villa Park?

I don’t believe it

Yeah, sir doth protest too much for sure. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I think there's been a fixation a bit too much with capacity of VP, the hope we would improve capacity so that can yield more season tickets available for those on waiting list. When what the club want to do is look to compete with the other big clubs in terms of revenue while delivering improved facilities and fan experience at games. The key to this is creating a path for fans to go to one or two games a year with friends as an event. Go to Villa Park 2 hours before kick off and stay 2 hours after. Spend plenty of money on food and drinks and expensive seats. Doing this while best catering to the season ticket holders in terms of ticket prices and facilities too. Improving the experience for all. Transport links too. 

So there would be improvements in terms of adding more seats and then maybe in time corners could be filled in or work done to increase that more, in smaller increments of a few thousand to get us to 50,000 while not demolishing a stand and cutting capacity and revenue while it's rebuilt. I think a focus on regenerating the area is a big one too so making it a place people can and do visit when there is no football on. 

All very positive things. We have excellent owners and Heck is doing a fantastic job. Let's see what he does with the additional sponsors and partners next season. Close the gap, double digit revenue growth. 

If we don't significantly increase capacity in the near future who is to say that those newer fans on the waiting list will get fed  up of waiting and not bother to attend the odd game here and there if our form drops back a bit? I would guess our match day crowd must be ageing and if we are unable to get fresh blood in then that doesn't sound like great long term thinking.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

If we don't significantly increase capacity in the near future who is to say that those newer fans on the waiting list will get fed  up of waiting and not bother to attend the odd game here and there if our form drops back a bit? I would guess our match day crowd must be ageing and if we are unable to get fresh blood in then that doesn't sound like great long term thinking.

The point is season tickets are not the requirement to support Villa. There should be ability for people to buy tickets and attend a few games. Success brings fans the better we are performing the more demand there will be for tickets. 

2 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

ab144530-cf02-11ed-a714-0986121fd957.png

Interesting- maybe they are going to rip out all of the boxes and just have one big area instead, which seems to be the general trend.  And would they get rid of the 1874 bar and knock it through for more space?

• Like 1

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/may/10/villa-store-set-to-close-for-improvements-following-final-home-game-of-the-season/

Villa Store set to close for improvements following final home game of the season

Aston Villa would like to remind supporters that the Villa Store at Villa Park will be closing after our home fixture against Liverpool on Monday, May 13.

This is to allow a considerable schedule of works to commence ahead of a multi-million-pound project that will transform our club store and double its size.

Our exciting new club store, which is due to open later in the summer, will give fans their greatest ever shopping experience at Villa Park that will be packed with fresh new products for the 2024/25 season.

Until our new store launches, there will be no shop available at the stadium.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I've held my season ticket, on the halfway line of the Upper Doug Ellis for 15 years (of mostly s*** football) and Heck's willingness to tell every media outlet going about his plans for lots of extra premium seating while at the same time delaying the announcement of details to those actually affected is putting a real downer on the end of the season for me and severely souring my attitude towards the Club.

Where would they put the lounge facilities that this would require?

2 minutes ago, limpid said:

As per the above a few posts up 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

As per the above a few posts up 

If that happens it would use the back rows of the lower. It wouldn't add any seats.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, limpid said:

If that happens it would use the back rows of the lower. It wouldn't add any seats.

What if they say that all the central doug ellis seats are now reserved for this Lower Grounds Mark 2?

And what if the extra seats Heck talks about are just tucked away in corners of the ground and general admission, making existing seats the extra premum seats?

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

24 minutes ago, limpid said:

Also, what if they kick this lot out along with season ticket holders?

Community project to transform suite Aston Villa Football Club | AVFC

A disused suite in the Doug Ellis Stand at Villa Park is being renovated this week thanks to the Supporting Our Own initiative.

The David Targett Suite was previously in use as a community venue, boasting radio and TV studios, an industrial kitchen, a classroom and a gym.

Maybe we will see another article in the New York Times where, during Chris Heck and the Temple of Doom, Heck chances upon yet another old hidden Egyptian tomb which he converts into another burger and beer joint, just like in Raiders of the Lost Heck, where he dodged a giant ball and sandwich-eating swinger to discover the Lost Holte Suite of Atlantis

11 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

What if they say that all the central doug ellis seats are now reserved for this Lower Grounds Mark 2?

Nothing at all.

11 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

And what if the extra seats Heck talks about are just tucked away in corners of the ground and general admission, making existing seats the extra premum seats?

There are no corners of the ground that would add up to 2-3,000 seats.

14 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Also, what if they kick this lot out along with season ticket holders?

Community project to transform suite Aston Villa Football Club | AVFC

Maybe we will see another article in the New York Times where, during Chris Heck and the Temple of Doom, Heck chances upon yet another old hidden Egyptian tomb which he converts into another burger and beer joint, just like in Raiders of the Lost Heck, where he dodged a giant ball and sandwich-eating swinger to discover the Lost Holte Suite of Atlantis

There's unused space in the Witton? You'd think that might have been reused to allow people sitting in there to have basic facilities.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, limpid said:

There's unused space in the Witton? You'd think that might have been reused to allow people sitting in there to have basic facilities.

It was unused until a few years ago when it was converted into this community area.

Before that, I think it was  bar but I've never had access.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Plus spending time and money around the ground on the 340 days of the year when we aren't playing a home game.  I think in the US they are talking about building 3,000 apartments or something near the stadium - I don't know what the average rent is for a brand new, nicely furnished 2 bed apartment in Birmingham but I'm sure is would soon add up to a few million quid in the bank.

3 hours ago, limpid said:

I think they'll knock all of the boxes out to make a single lounge and incorporate the suite in the middle of it (I can't remember what it's called) into that facility - then put a row or two of seats where the four of the boxes are now - hey presto - a couple of hundred new seats at £200 a game. I don't think the concourses will be affected.

Edit: And having now seen the picture on the last page, I think that backs the idea up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, limpid said:

There are no corners of the ground that would add up to 2-3,000 seats.

This, this, and this again!

We don't have the kind of corners this is possible with.

• Like 2

Â